PDA

View Full Version : Bike won't start

djt_spurs
14-11-07, 06:03 PM
Anyone help me I have no idea what I've done!!!

It all started with a front tyre puncture so I took the wheel off and had a new tyre put on. No probs!!

Then I've put the wheel back on with great difficulty! Feeling quite proud of what I had done I looked at my handy work and thought that the speedo sensor on the front left of the wheel looked slightly ajar. So I started the bike rode it a few yards and then realised that the speedo wasn't working.

So I took it all back apart again and when I removed the speedo bit all the plastic teeth fell out (Snapped off). So mightly peed off I started putting it back together again the best I could. The speedo seemed to hold ok dispite being toothless.

Then I came to start the bike and now it just coughs and splutters but nothing else. I thought the battery had gone so I've checked that and the battery is fine.

As you can tell I'm not a machanic but thought I'd have a go! (IDIOT)

Any ideas????

Yours rather stupidly,
Dave :(:(:(

markmoto
14-11-07, 07:59 PM
Sounds like its possibly flooded probably with having it on choke then switching it off before it got warm then trying to start it again on choke might have wet the plugs, pull them out and clean them off. Bike plugs only need to get wet and the feckers and they will be a bitch to start.

wrenchmonkeyinparadise
15-11-07, 12:38 AM
You'll also need to replace the ceramic magnet that runs the speedo. Ensure that magnet is seated properly or it will break again. Good luck troubleshooting your start up problem.