PDA

View Full Version : My red letter day, this Sunday

monkey
15-11-07, 02:54 AM
Guess what? This coming Sunday I'm having a nice little drive in some nice little cars. I will be driving in no particular order; A Suru Impreza Sti, a Mitsubishi Evo 8, a Ferrari 355, a Lamborghini Gallardo and.....wait for it....a Volkswagon Polo! Yummy. I'm only just allowing myself to get excited about it! It's in Stafford and from what I can gather it must be on a private race track with it's own rally bit. Anyone got any idea where or what is there or have been there before? Will search it out on Google maps.

Any tips? I might take my own lid but is it worth it? I will be doing my hardest to hammer the absolute poop out of all the offending cages as I know now that tracks can be very grippy.

Wish me luck peeps!
:)

mattSV
15-11-07, 07:57 AM
Guess what? This coming Sunday I'm having a nice little drive in some nice little cars. I will be driving in no particular order; A Suru Impreza Sti, a Mitsubishi Evo 8, a Ferrari 355, a Lamborghini Gallardo and.....wait for it....a Volkswagon Polo! Yummy. I'm only just allowing myself to get excited about it! It's in Stafford and from what I can gather it must be on a private race track with it's own rally bit. Anyone got any idea where or what is there or have been there before? Will search it out on Google maps.

Any tips? I might take my own lid but is it worth it? I will be doing my hardest to hammer the absolute poop out of all the offending cages as I know now that tracks can be very grippy.

Wish me luck peeps!
:)

Take your own lid as it saves wearing one that someone else has been sweating in. Try and wear a pair of thin soled trainers if possible - the pedals on the 355 are quite close together, and thinner soles will give you a better 'feel'.

I did one few years ago and drove a 355 & a testarossa - both were awesome. Highlight though was getting an instructor to take me round in an elise - OMFG that was quick,

Other than that, enjoy the day, thrash the @rse off them and post some pictures.

Bear
15-11-07, 08:09 AM
Have fun

Don't crash!

Biker Biker
15-11-07, 08:27 AM
OO you lucky so en so

gettin2dizzy
15-11-07, 08:32 AM
Are bike lids not too big to wear in the car?
(hovis is the one to ask here ;))

Welsh_Wizard
15-11-07, 08:38 AM

haha.. good point.. that for a second reminded me of one of those Avid clips - where he impersonates people with massive heads. Got a vision of someone desperatly trying to get into a small, sleek car with this ****ing massive skid lid on :smt082 :safe:

dirtydog
15-11-07, 08:43 AM
Sounds good, I did a similar day a few years ago. I got to drive a landrover on an offroad track, a celica around a rally track, a porsche 911 up and down a 1/2 mile runway, a fiesta with reversed steering round a little track against the clock and best of all a Caterham 7 :cool::cool::cool::cool:

hovis
15-11-07, 08:50 AM

it was a moto-x helmet.... and P.C plod was none to impressed with my antics

remember kids...........saftey first

keithd
15-11-07, 08:55 AM
gift from iwantoneofthose.com?

very nice indeedy!

fizzwheel
15-11-07, 09:04 AM
I did someting similar that Liz bought for me for my birthday.

I'd echo what Matt said about thin soled trainers and you might find a full face lid is to big to use in an enclosed car, but take it and use it as it is better than using one of their stock lids.

I drove

Mazda RX8
Mercedes SLK
Ferrari 355
Porsche 911 Turbo
Single Seater Formula Renault

It was an ace day out, if you have as much fun as I did you'll be in for an ace day :cool:

keithd
15-11-07, 09:05 AM
was it ace fizz?

fizzwheel
15-11-07, 09:29 AM
was it ace fizz?

it was :D

monkey
15-11-07, 10:09 AM
He he he. Ace!

I'll try not to stack it Mr Bear. Insurance excess is a grand! Hopefully it won't be a full frost.