PDA

View Full Version : Toselands Malaysian Test

Alpinestarhero
15-11-07, 02:40 PM
De Puniet fastest, but more importantly, toseland 10th. Not bad since he only did 29 laps and had a small fall. I'm upbeat about james, thats already more impressive than James Ellison! Hopefully he'll improve tomorrow and find more comfort on the bike

Matt

Pedrosa
15-11-07, 02:52 PM
De Puniet fastest, but more importantly, toseland 10th. Not bad since he only did 29 laps and had a small fall. I'm upbeat about james, thats already more impressive than James Ellison! Hopefully he'll improve tomorrow and find more comfort on the bike

Matt

I think JT has the ability to be leading satelite rider from the off. He would not surprise me to lead home one or two factory bikes as the season progresses. That is of course if Yamaha can get their act together a little better in 2008.

Alpinestarhero
15-11-07, 02:57 PM
I agree with you Pedrosa, one thing that I admire about james is his ability to adapt really quick. Look at his riding style a few years ago, and compare it to now, and you can see how he has adapted himself; I think he should be able to find a way to make the Yamaha work for him quickly...but yamha need to make it work for him aswell

Matt

sinbad
15-11-07, 05:02 PM
Rest of the top 10 times:
Sepang MotoGP test unofficial times:
1. Randy de Puniet (Honda) 2’03.033
2. Chris Vermeulen (Suzuki) 2’03.357
3. Colin Edwards (Yamaha) 2’03.406
4. Andrea Dovizioso (Honda) 2’03.607
5. Loris Capirossi (Suzuki) 2’03.748
6. Anthony West (Kawasaki) 2’04.068
7. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 2’04.164
8. John Hopkins (Kawasaki) 2’04.316
9. Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) 2’04.433
10. James Toseland (Yamaha) 2’05.438

I doubt JT will be overly happy, but I'm sure he had realistic expectations considering his inexperience of bike and circuit.

Swiss
15-11-07, 05:12 PM
I know he's on a new bike etc etc but Colin Edwards is a full 2 seconds quicker on the same bike. I know that Colin has been on the Yam for a long time. That is a big margin, it'll be interesting to see if this figure drops tomorrow.

I really want this move to wortk out for JT and I hope that Yamaha have something up their tech dept overalls in terms of engine. The current 800 lump just isn't cutting the mustard.

trickywoos
16-11-07, 10:42 AM
The rain cut the test short, which is why his times didn't improve. He also had a slight off.

I think as soon as James gets his head around this new bike, he is going to be storming. He just needs more time on the bike! He was so pumped up and ready for it on Saturday when we saw him!!!

Alpinestarhero
16-11-07, 12:40 PM
Today, JT cut his time by over a second (about 1.2 seconds faster) compared to his fastest time yesterday. Thats good progress in my books! Still 1.4 seconds off colin edwards, but that isnt a day and an age. Its more braking a meter later and opening the throttle a bit harder for every corner :D

Matt