PDA

View Full Version : Machine gun noise

slark01
16-11-07, 10:25 AM
Hi guys, need some help -
Last weekend I had a small fall and damaged the gear lever, I have now fixed that and placed it back onto the bike, however when I try and start it I get a machine gun noise :smt066coming from it and it does not seem to want to start. Any ideas as to what it might be.
The bike is a 2006 SV

rictus01
16-11-07, 10:58 AM
As you seem to be somewhat sparse with the details, I'd checkout you don't live next to a firing range :rolleyes:

I would be greatly interested in how a gear shift could sound like that :confused:

I maybe more productive to explain what happened, what other damage was caused, where the noise is coming from, what you've checked and haven't.

you can't give to much information (perhaps following the guidelines (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=71305) at the top of this section would help ?).

Cheers Mark.

jambo
16-11-07, 11:34 AM
Do you you mean that when you press the starter, the bike makes a clicking noise from under the seat? If so the battery is flat or the connections are loose and this is the main starter relay engaging and disengaging rapidly. Charge the battery.

Please be as detailed as possible on exactly what you do and what does and doesn't work and someone will help out :)