PDA

View Full Version : Radial Front Master Cylinder.

petevtwin650
16-11-07, 10:44 AM
Bought a Gsxr K4 (I believe) front brake master off of Ebay for 80 guid. Fitted it using the existing braided hoses. so that's the 2 line setup. Had to buy a new double banjo as the Sv one is a finer thread. 1.25x10mm (gsxr) 1.00x10mm(sv). That cost a fiver. The brake switch leads clipped straight in, and there are no clearance issues.

Right, ready to bleed it now. Any tips? Gonna try the pushing fluid through method. Scored some syringes off of ebay (thanks Northwind). Is there a special method cos, of course, there's the bleed nipple right on the top of the cylinder.

Pete

jambo
16-11-07, 11:44 AM
If there's a bleed nipple on the master cylinder you should have an easier time of it than most. I always advocate simply filling the reservoir up, opening a bleed nipple at the bottom and just waiting for the fluid to come out without bubbles. Work round each bleed nipple in turn, tapping the caliper with a spanner or similar to work out the bubbles. Then tighten everything up and give the lever a squeeze to see how it feels, pump the system up, and then bleed a bit again.

I found the 2 line setup trickier to bleed than the 3 line one as air gets trapped at the top banjo bolt, a spanner and a rag can let you use this as an extra messy bleed nipple if you don't have one there: Pull lever, loosen banjo a little, watch bubbles come out, close banjo, release lever. Repeat.

Jambo

phil24_7
16-11-07, 05:10 PM
I'll need to do all of this as soon as I fit my new front end so keep posting usefull nuggets of info as I'm new to working on bikes!

chunkytfg
16-11-07, 11:07 PM
I'll need to do all of this as soon as I fit my new front end so keep posting usefull nuggets of info as I'm new to working on bikes!

seriously then get someone to show you. Everything else doesnt really matter that much and is pretty straight forward but brakes take alot of patience to get right.

phil24_7
17-11-07, 12:12 AM
I'll get my bro to help me, he does all his own work on his bike so he should be clued up!

DarrenSV650S
17-11-07, 12:16 AM
Why did you buy the new cylinder?