PDA

View Full Version : oxford storex bike cover, medium or large??

adam_castell
16-11-07, 07:48 PM
just looking at buying a bike cover, not sure what size to get, does anyone have one? and what shoul di go for.... medium or large??

cheers

ASM-Forever
16-11-07, 07:56 PM
I've got one on my bike and im 99% sure its a medium. I think large is meant for crusiers and other monster bikes. Wait for confirmation though as i am somehwat inebriated. :)

Just a point of order; They are great covers but if you leave them touching the ground they can suck up water into the lining. I just have mine slightly elevated off the ground.

adam_castell
16-11-07, 08:12 PM
ive been looking into it and the dimensions of the medium are perfect for width and height, but aparently 10cm shy on length, it migth squeeze on, but i dont really want to get a large as it will definatly touch the ground

phil24_7
19-11-07, 12:00 AM
If I remember correctly, I have the medium and it's a perfect fit.

HTH

_drummer_
19-11-07, 08:01 AM
I have a medium too & it's fine.
If you go for something hideous like a *cringe* topbox you'll probably need a large
HTH

Pedro68
19-11-07, 08:13 AM
+1 for the medium ... front and back are elasticated and once on the bike (SV) leaves about a 6 - 9" gap from the ground.

hovis
19-11-07, 08:46 AM
i would think large may be for cruiser type bikes............. and you dont want one of them, do you?

andyb
19-11-07, 10:04 AM
medium is fine although mine was a little long and touched the floor so make sure you tuck it up a bit to avoid it sucking up water!

gettin2dizzy
19-11-07, 10:37 AM
Medium, Don't buy it though if you're planning on carrying it around - it's huge!

phil24_7
19-11-07, 11:05 AM
medium is fine although mine was a little long and touched the floor so make sure you tuck it up a bit to avoid it sucking up water!

+1

I get loads of woodlice and other kreepy crawlies getting into mine when I forget to tuck mine up!

Medium, Don't buy it though if you're planning on carrying it around - it's huge!

It's that big and heavy that you can throw it in the back of a pick-up and drive along dual carriageway and it doeasn't even move, let alone blow out of the back!!

SVeeedy Gonzales
20-11-07, 12:43 PM
Get the largest you can - easier to get on and off the bike. I got a medium Oxford one and it's a pain to get on and off... I know a large one would be less hassle (!)

Paws
20-11-07, 12:46 PM
medium. :)