PDA

View Full Version : Another tyre thread (sorry) (Metzeler Roadtec Z6)

jamessunhill
19-11-07, 12:32 PM
I have Pirelli Diablo Strada's front and rear and am in need of a new rear.

I'd like to fit a Metzeler Roadtec Z6 as i've been told it's the same as the Diablo (but cheaper). Does this apply to the Diablo Strada too?

chazzyb
19-11-07, 02:16 PM
I have Pirelli Diablo Strada's front and rear and am in need of a new rear.

I'd like to fit a Metzeler Roadtec Z6 as i've been told it's the same as the Diablo (but cheaper). Does this apply to the Diablo Strada too?

Same carcase apparently but different compound, different tread pattern. Elephants instead of devils (or is it tridents? Can't remember) around the chick-strip area.

jambo
19-11-07, 02:22 PM
The Metzler Z6 Roadtec is near as Damnit the Pirelli Diablo Strada. Not the Normal Diablo.

I'd happily mix them. There is some discussion over whether the Strada has a different compound to the Z6 as well as tread pattern, many people reckon not.

Viney
19-11-07, 02:32 PM
If it helps, i have a Strada rear with a Z6 front with no trouble whatso ever. Had a z6 rear for all of 800 miles until i got an unrepairable puncture :(

northwind
19-11-07, 04:01 PM
At teh moment I'm running a Strada rear with a Sportec front, no probs... It'll get a Roadtec on the front next, as I've got one in the shed to finish off, don't expect any problems with that either- I've run Roadtec rears with different fronts, and Roadtec fronts with different rears, and always been happy.