PDA

View Full Version : Fuse box location

addicted to rage
20-11-07, 07:16 PM
hey went to start my bike i heard a click and the lights went out so i took off the seat and there is the fuse box lyin on the battery i figure this is wrong now cause of my weight on the seat and it bein squashed between the seat and battery the wires r all messed up were should the fuse box go i c there is little things on it indicating it slots onto something

Bear
20-11-07, 07:18 PM
First things first (and I probably can't help you as I'm not technical, but this'll help the tech bods to help) what bike and what year have you got?

Bear
20-11-07, 07:19 PM
On a pointy (k3 and onwards) the fuse box goes under the pillion seat. Dunno where it is on the curvy.

addicted to rage
20-11-07, 07:19 PM
oh sorry that might help its an sv650s year00

Lissa
20-11-07, 07:28 PM
The fuse box should sit in a holder. No13 on the diagram.

Guess it would be good to get one if yours is missing.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/petevtwin650/orgphoto/fuseboxholder.jpg

addicted to rage
20-11-07, 07:31 PM
The fuse box should sit in a holder. No13 on the diagram.

Guess it would be good to get one if yours is missing.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/petevtwin650/orgphoto/fuseboxholder.jpg

is that near the battery yea maybe mine is there is a gap there were my battery is

Lissa
20-11-07, 07:33 PM
Yeah,that sits above the battery and the fuse box locates in it.

Surprised your seat touches it though.

addicted to rage
20-11-07, 07:35 PM
Yeah,that sits above the battery and the fuse box locates in it.

Surprised your seat touches it though.

yea i think it does cause when it sparks and goes dead if u hit the seat or bounce on it it comes back on so that would def point to some sort of contact

Lissa
20-11-07, 07:43 PM
I'm a bit confused. The holder would actually raise the fuse box even nearer to the seat, but they certainly shouldn't touch. Have you got the standard seat, and is it held by two bolts at the front?

addicted to rage
20-11-07, 07:47 PM
I'm a bit confused. The holder would actually raise the fuse box even nearer to the seat, but they certainly shouldn't touch. Have you got the standard seat, and is it held by two bolts at the front?

i do yea thats strange al right the wires r bad if u move them around it effects wat systems work but the starter is really bad my hitting the seat trick isnt workin today and im in work with no tools to take the seat off :(:mad:

Lissa
20-11-07, 07:51 PM
Ok, first lesson learned, always carry tools under the pillion seat!

The fuse for the starter is under the right hand infill panel, but you need an allen key to get that off.

northwind
20-11-07, 11:34 PM
Mine sits on top of the battery too without the retainer, as far as I'm concerned it does nothing but get in the way. I might still have it somewhere? I have the ECU under there too, and an auxiliary fusebox, loads of space for all of it.

Which makes me wonder, does your bike have the standard shock in? It's common with SVs to fit 636 and GSXR shocks, both of which have a top reservoir, and sometimes people relocate the battery upwards to accomodate which could reduce your space.

Also, the seat should sit on little rubber spacers, really there shouldn't be much if any movement of the base of the seat whenyou sit in it. Obviously the first thing to do is sort the wiring, but I'd be looking for a cause as well.

As Lissa says, the main fuse isn't under the seat, it's down the side of the bike, this is the only one that governs the starter.

yorkie_chris
21-11-07, 12:05 PM
Mine sits on top of the battery too without the retainer, as far as I'm concerned it does nothing but get in the way.

+1

Mines got an oily rag round it to stop it rattling

If you've got sparks and such then you can either bodge it with insulation tape, or better still self amalgamating.

To do a proper job its time to get a soldering iron and some heatshrink.