PDA

View Full Version : Newbie SV650 K3 rider, some ?s

SV-net
20-11-07, 11:48 PM
Greetings all. Just got myself a k3 650 and its really nice. Is there a decent place to shop for any of the following:-

Hugger
Bellypan
Undertray
Ally water & oil rad covers (not polished)
Seal cowl (do you normally remove the grab rail on the SV)?

The bike is in silver and has had a carbon look hugger, bellypan and undertray but I would like some silver ones if anybody wants a deal!!!
Its also got twin round lights and a fly screen and I would like a standard round headlamp too if there is one around.

And any feedback on the Scorpion stubby can I have seen. Are the Microns any good?

Sorry lots of questions but I had to start somewhere.

Last bikes Hornet, GSXR & Buell now Im a V-Twinner all out forever.

Jester666
20-11-07, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the .org!! :thumbsup:

Someone will be along soon with advice! :lol: Just that I don't know any shops in Kent!

metalmonkey
21-11-07, 12:03 AM
We need to pictures!!! Also welcome, to a mad place will we see you at the soho meet! Enjoy your bike, I love mine:thumbsup: :cheers:thunder

DoubleD
21-11-07, 11:37 AM
Hello and welcome to the .org

Can't help with shops in Kent but I have oil and water rad covers in the shed that I have taken off my K4 bike. (someone will be along to tell you if they will fit a K3 or not.)

krhall
21-11-07, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the org!

I'm not too sure where in kent you are but ECBate in Dartford are great for Suzuki OEM parts.

the_lone_wolf
21-11-07, 12:46 PM
And any feedback on the Scorpion stubby can I have seen.
it's loud...:smt023

SV-net
21-11-07, 07:44 PM
Cheers for the welcome.
Is there more info so I can contact ECBate in Dartford? Thanks krhall

And to DoubleD are those covers ally, as Im not into the polished stainless stuff. Thats all fitted already and I prefer the matt effect ally ones. So please let me know, I can arrange a courier to collect if required.

DoubleD
22-11-07, 01:38 PM
And to DoubleD are those covers ally, as Im not into the polished stainless stuff. Thats all fitted already and I prefer the matt effect ally ones. So please let me know, I can arrange a courier to collect if required.

Ah, didn't see the ally bit first time I read the post. I have the stainless steal stuff. Sorry.

SV-net
22-11-07, 08:20 PM
No worries and thanks for looking. Ebay will see you ok for those ones mate. Mine will be on there next week after this weekends stripdown;)

tomjones2
22-11-07, 08:33 PM
Crash bungs are an awesome investment.....they look a lot less silly after you pick your bike up and ride it home. Which I have done more than once

You do normally remove the grab rail for the seat cowl, you can get blanks to fit in the space left behind.

How are you finding the drop in power from the other bikes in your list, most people seem to go the other way. I ride a Z750 and the SV and I notice it in the summer, not some much at this time of year though, infact the I prefer the sv in the rain/slippery roads.

I have a scorpion baffled and its good, hasnt fallen off in 2 years and is still shiny, sounds great. Better when your following though, which is really annoying. Its a little loud with the baffle out not excesive but a little to much for the neighbours early mornings/late nights.

Welcome

SV-net
22-11-07, 11:39 PM
Thanks tomjones2. The power drop from my other bikes is ok for me. I never took any of them to what they could produce anyway. Im not agressive I just enjoy the ride so no worries on that front. I had to release some cash and the GSXR and Buell did that for me. I had a small budget and the SV looked like the best value for me. Im happy with my choice.

By the way the SV is dearer to insure than the Buell - :confused: - they must have cocked it up eh??

Where can I get a good price on a stubby?