PDA

View Full Version : What are the differences between.......

andyharding
22-11-07, 06:45 PM
What are the differences between SX, SY, SK1, SK2. Every time i oreder bits for my bike they ask me and i dont know. Just looked at my v5 and the Model/Type is SV 650 SY, now i know what mine is what are the differences.

Please can someone clear this up for me.

Lissa
22-11-07, 06:48 PM
It's just a different year designation, that's all. SK1 is a 2001 bike, etc.

HTH

rictus01
22-11-07, 07:01 PM
Yeah Lissa's correct, basically SX-SK1 (99-2001) are the same, a few minor differences, like single or twin front axle clamp bolts and colours and the SK2 had the front pre-load adjusters, K3 onwards were pointies, don't get confused by reg year, these are all model year, some sat in dealers for a years or two so could be registerd anytime after.

Cheers Mark.

andyharding
22-11-07, 07:03 PM
It was just confusing when i ordered hoses from goodridge. They asked if it was an SX or an SK2. I didin't know so i said SX. Even though mine is a SY will the hoses still fit or are they different between SX and SY

Biker Biggles
22-11-07, 07:13 PM
I think they will fit.There were a few very minor changes between years on the curvys,as said above,and I recall some of the electrical connectors changed,but the hoses should be OK.

hovis
22-11-07, 07:14 PM
It was just confusing when i ordered hoses from goodridge. They asked if it was an SX or an SK2. I didin't know so i said SX. Even though mine is a SY will the hoses still fit or are they different between SX and SY

the hoses are diferant lenths between the 650 & the 650s

ie

nakid & faired, the faired need to be longer due to the higher bars

make sure you get the right ones

rictus01
22-11-07, 07:15 PM
Yeah they will fit, the only question is whether you go for the twin line setup or the three line one (using the original splitter).

Cheers Mark.

andyharding
22-11-07, 07:22 PM
i think i went for the two line kit. We order them through work as we are goodridge agents in the north west but we dont sell alot of them as we are a hydraulic hose business mainly

rictus01
22-11-07, 07:23 PM
The s in SK1 OR SX is the faired model they are as stated basically the same, the nakeds are just K1 or X (as in sv650X), so won't make any difference.

have a look on the home page (click on the logo, top left) and have a look in the "Articles and reviews) section for a full model listing.

the twin hose setup some find a little more problematic to bleed ? (so I've heard) but does give better feedback through the lever.

Good luck with the fitting, nothing difficult really.

Cheers Mark.