PDA

View Full Version : This Tuesday's bi weekly meet. Yay or Nay.

Stig
09-12-07, 09:22 AM
Well with Christmas fast approaching and this being the last meet before Christmas. (Unless you want to meet on Christmas Day?) We wont be meeting up again until the New Year.

So are you going to make the effort to make the last meet of the year :?: It would be nice. :wink:

StreetHawk
09-12-07, 10:56 AM
I voted the option 'Count me in. I won't turn up though. (For Nick) ' :-)

But I will seriously make an effort to be there as I've not been to the last few and besides, people owe me copius amounts of food / drink :cheers:

tonyk
09-12-07, 12:02 PM
okay folks
my choice is.
either
i'll come if i can get some one to swap this day with me.:D
or
i'll come even if i have to book this day off as holiday:shaking:
or
i'll come and phone work with a lame excuse TRAFFIC and then go to work late.:smt077
i'll try some way to attend, 8)
i'll be there even if it's to say hello to all u folks.:cheers:

just thought i just may have a very bad cold on that day....so bad that i cant make it to work.....

Warthog
09-12-07, 04:19 PM
Me and Philbut are in! Fizzy Fish, hope to see you there too hey! ;) And Jon owes me a meal that I shall be collecting on! Let's see: £8.45, plus 4 months interest at 13% APR plus bailiff's fees, yup I think that is just about enough for a big juicy steak :D

KnightRider
09-12-07, 04:58 PM
Count me out. Got an interview on Weds morning so need to prepare for it.

Warthog
09-12-07, 05:43 PM
It's cos I was collecting on my debt isn't it. Sorry :(

fat_brstd
09-12-07, 06:04 PM
wont be making it as im in brighton that night with the band. the zzr has gone crazy with electrical problems and ive had to do the last 400 odd miles with no speedo and a very dodgy headlight on low beam. only another 700 to go till i can fix it on friday.

ASM-Forever
09-12-07, 10:35 PM
Me and Philbut are in! Fizzy Fish, hope to see you there too hey! ;) And Jon owes me a meal that I shall be collecting on! Let's see: £8.45, plus 4 months interest at 13% APR plus bailiff's fees, yup I think that is just about enough for a big juicy steak :D

Meh....new people? :eek:

KnightRider
10-12-07, 10:13 AM
It's cos I was collecting on my debt isn't it. Sorry :(

Yeah feel guilty about that, but if I get my new job I might be able to afford to buy you pudding as well!

Warthog
10-12-07, 04:16 PM
Hehe no worries Jon, I am not resorting to searching to couch for loose change yet, I just want to see you at the meet! Yeah Mark, Fizzy Fish (and possibly her bloke) said they wanted to come to our meet as they live in Woking, we all met at Fox's on Sunday, it was proper good.

stevehaskew
11-12-07, 03:50 PM
What time are people arriving at the Shire? I'll be eating there, so I'll be there around 7, or earlier if others are going to be there earlier.

Stig
11-12-07, 04:24 PM
I need to leave earlier so will aim to be there about 6.30.

stevehaskew
11-12-07, 04:26 PM
Cool. See you around 6:30 then.

Warthog
11-12-07, 04:41 PM
I will probably get there at between 6:30 and 8, HTH :)

Stig
11-12-07, 04:59 PM
I will probably get there at between 6:30 and 8, HTH :)

As always... No!

Warthog
11-12-07, 05:26 PM
OK, just spoken to Phil, will get there at 7:17, hope that is more accurate.

Stig
11-12-07, 05:46 PM
OK, just spoken to Phil, will get there at 7:17, hope that is more accurate.

It is indeed more accurate. I have a question. Do either of you do anything without the other?

ASM-Forever
11-12-07, 06:52 PM
It is indeed more accurate. I have a question. Do either of you do anything without the other?

Nope...thats why Phil split up with his g/f. Nick is a bad influence! :smt045

Anyhow talking of tonights meet....its sooooooooooooo cold outside. I reckon we should move the meet to Nicks house.

ASM-Forever
12-12-07, 12:14 AM
Always nice to see you guys, even though the ape ran away when i got there.

£6 richer as Nick13(?) didn't turn up (again).

Hopefully Steve got home ok with his dodgy brakes. :)

Finally that was way too cold for any form of motorcycling....bloody ice everywhere...i blame the ape!

Stig
12-12-07, 07:14 AM
Yes I did think about you guys whilst wiping the ice off my seat. :lol:

Hey ASM, nothing personnel, I had alternative curricular activities that needed to be attended to last night. So there. :smt019

ogden
12-12-07, 09:58 AM
Now for the question - should I announce where rich boy really lives?

Stig
12-12-07, 10:10 AM
What so the peasants can invade the palace :?:

ogden
12-12-07, 10:52 AM
Palace schmalace.

stevehaskew
12-12-07, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I got home ok with the brakes. I've had problems with them seizing in the cold and when I came out of the pub they were firmly on! Had a few problems backing my bike out and then had to take it easy until they warmed up. Very odd!

StreetHawk
12-12-07, 12:07 PM
Finally that was way too cold for any form of motorcycling....bloody ice everywhere

Hence me staying at home in the warmth :p Will reappear when it warms up a bit... :D

Stig
12-12-07, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I got home ok with the brakes. I've had problems with them seizing in the cold and when I came out of the pub they were firmly on! Had a few problems backing my bike out and then had to take it easy until they warmed up. Very odd!

It sounds like your brakes need servicing sooner than later. Sticking pistons can cause overheating brake pads and binding. If you don't watch out you could end up warping your disks.

If you find your pistons are sticking and you indeed can't move your bike after it's been parked up, try pushing the callipers against the disk, do it carefully and not forcefully. This should push the pistons back in enough to free the pads from the disks.

If you can hang it out until the weekend then come round and we'll do them then. If you get the new seals before then and can get round to my house before then, all well and good, we'll do them as soon as your available.

stevehaskew
12-12-07, 12:48 PM
Cool, thanks. The guy I bought from on eBay just emailed me to say they'll be delayed by a day and refunding my postage, so it might end up being Saturday in the end. Just in case, where did you get your seals from? Might I be able to buy them over the counter anywhere? (I doubt it)

fat_brstd
12-12-07, 01:50 PM
Steve if you need brakes for a curvy ive got a whole set of complete callipers if you want them as in both fronts and a rear with brake lines and master cylinders. Front lots even still got the lever attached.

stevehaskew
12-12-07, 02:42 PM
Hmm, very tempting if I can't get seals and sort them out, or if there's something more suspect with them. I'll get back to you! Thanks.

ASM-Forever
12-12-07, 05:48 PM
Now for the question - should I announce where rich boy really lives?

LOL...you're either sad, or really sad if you followed me to both houses.

Must have been a cold 45 minutes sat in the car. ;)

Warthog
13-12-07, 07:47 PM
45 minutes? unlikely, try 2 minutes :P

ASM-Forever
13-12-07, 09:06 PM
45 minutes? unlikely, try 2 minutes :P

I was at a blokes house, so you're barking up the wrong tree. :smt021