PDA

View Full Version : Is it an anybody turn up event?

G
19-12-07, 03:48 PM
I have not been before, and I have not been on many general get together's via the .org. So is it an anyone turn up and get made to feel welcome/join in type event this? or is more of, if you don't really know anyone before hand then you may feel quite awkward type thing.

Maybe a stupid question I know :( but the thought of a camping trip with a crap load of rumbling sv's in convoy is pretty damn appealing.

hovis
19-12-07, 03:51 PM
i think you will find, that there ar'nt that many SV's

fizzwheel
19-12-07, 03:56 PM
Everybody welcome, if you don't know anybody turn up, after a few hours chatting and few beers you'll soon make plenty of new friends.

Stig
19-12-07, 04:01 PM

I think you'll find that the SV's will still far out number non SV's.

Jester666
19-12-07, 05:23 PM
Which is correct considering its an SV forum meet!! All welcome though!

Drew Carey
19-12-07, 08:10 PM
Glad to hear its open to all and all will be freindly. I'm already thinking of taking a long break with the lady and incorporating AR08 and visiting my best mate in Exeter.

Plus, 7 months will fly by.

Dan
19-12-07, 08:14 PM
I have not been before, and I have not been on many general get together's via the .org. So is it an anyone turn up and get made to feel welcome/join in type event this? or is more of, if you don't really know anyone before hand then you may feel quite awkward type thing.

Maybe a stupid question I know :( but the thought of a camping trip with a crap load of rumbling sv's in convoy is pretty damn appealing.

At AR07 I was about the sixth person to turn up and within ten seconds of getting my helmet off Stewie was welcoming me, offering me a sidestand puck and asking if I wanted a hand putting my tent up.

And I didn't know anyone.

Jester666
19-12-07, 08:34 PM
Ahhh Stewie and his famous pucks!! What a guy!! :lol:

He could have made a fortune by sellin them!! :lol:

G
19-12-07, 09:45 PM
Sounds good, i have mentioned it to my girlfriend and by the sounds of it she wouldnt mind coming too:) I'm pretty slow with the lady on board, would that likely be a problem?

fizzwheel
19-12-07, 10:04 PM
would that likely be a problem?

No, its a sensibly paced rideout around some nice roads, taking in a few bits and pieces of local scenary and interest. It caters for all ability / level of rider so it wont be slow but it won't be mega fast either. You'll be fine with a pillion on the back.

Stig
19-12-07, 10:09 PM
It's as slow as the slowest rider on the day. If that turns out to be, then so be it. Getting round in record time is not the object.

BILLY
19-12-07, 10:44 PM

Yep they stopped many a bike from falling over:cool:

BILLY
19-12-07, 10:48 PM
This years was a wet one though!! But what a weekend to remember:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNnYVXe2lqo Pinched from Northwinds post in the AR07 thread:p

monkey
20-12-07, 12:32 AM
Oi Graeme you've met me numb nuts! Albeit only for about 3 minutes. You can jump in with our crowd on the way if you like. My lady friend is hopefully coming too but not on the rideout. She'll only go on the back of very slow wide as Europe tractors so far.

I'm dressing my bike up as an SV so I don't get dissed for not having one. Do you think anyone will notice?
:)

stewie
20-12-07, 12:13 PM

Yeah that stewie , he,s a good bloke ;), Ive still got a load of pucks in the boot of me car, even to this day, do you think I should knock some more up ?

stewie
20-12-07, 12:20 PM

At the AR07 it was my first meeting with anybody from the ORG. my bike was off the road so went in the car, I can honestly say I was a bit nervous about meeting a whole load of new people especially as I had turned in a car , but what a weekend, great company, crap weather and a brill atmosphere and this time I may even bring a bike ! :D

plowsie
20-12-07, 12:20 PM
Lol i knew no-one from here only Paws and she was a lightweight and didnt turn up so i was on me bill. I rode in with the ard lot, we all went over to Rivvy and did a nice route before gettin there lol. Met a loada new people and made some well good mates.

Basically, turn up, get ****ed, eat, talk, make friends, get to know the barmaid, go out next day get on ya bike have a nice day riding, get back, get ****ed, eat, get ****ed more, watch northy clang himself in the nuts with swingy things and go sleep. Get home ba nackered, have a think about the weekend you've just had and the people you've met and stick it up there with the best weekend you had in your life. Running your foot over and gettin stick is always a good one too but not recomended :D

Gordon B
20-12-07, 03:03 PM

At least one less yellow bike this year so won't be needing my sunglasses. Oh wait! You never turned up last year... :riding:
If I hadn't seen photos of you I'd begin to wonder if you actually existed at all.....:smt102

Back on topic, my first time last year and it was a blast.

At least I won't have to cook this year.

Remember to bring a mug and get as close to Richies tent, sorry tardis, as possible. This man has EVERYTHING you'll ever need to blag in the event of an emergency or otherwise.....

Stig
20-12-07, 03:06 PM
Remember to bring a mug and get as close to Richies tent, sorry tardis, as possible. This man has EVERYTHING you'll ever need to blag in the event of an emergency or otherwise.....

I'd expect nothing else. It's his job afterall. :wink:

Dan
20-12-07, 07:28 PM
At least one less yellow bike this year so won't be needing my sunglasses. Oh wait! You never turned up last year... :riding:
If I hadn't seen photos of you I'd begin to wonder if you actually existed at all.....:smt102

Back on topic, my first time last year and it was a blast.

At least I won't have to cook this year.

You'll have to get in quick... my caravan's going next door :D

BILLY
20-12-07, 08:10 PM
You'll have to get in quick... my caravan's going next door :D
So it will be you holding the traffic up all the way down there then;)

Richie
21-12-07, 04:16 PM
I'll be following with the bikes on the trailer... Hopefully ;-)

GMS
21-12-07, 04:30 PM
I'll be following with the bikes on the trailer... Hopefully ;-)

If Billys still taking his crosser on his trailer looks like we got ourselves a convoy :smt045

Dan
21-12-07, 04:37 PM
So it will be you holding the traffic up all the way down there then;)

Fastest caravanner in the North me... I don't hold with all this nancy-boy 40mph ********. Speed limit all the way :cool:

BILLY
22-12-07, 11:45 AM
If Billys still taking his crosser on his trailer looks like we got ourselves a convoy :smt045
I'm looking for a van ATM so I can bring a couple of bikes down:D

Bear
22-12-07, 12:51 PM
I'm dressing my bike up as an SV so I don't get dissed for not having one. Do you think anyone will notice?
:)

Ah yes, Lamb dressed as Mutton...

No-one will ever know...

Personally I'll be on my SV cunningly disguised to look like a ZX9R. It'll be seamless, and take a very trained eye to tell that it is actually an SV...

GMS
22-12-07, 03:23 PM
I'm looking for a van ATM so I can bring a couple of bikes down:D
Do you think there might be enough room in your van for my camping gear if I ask you nicely and buy you a beer :)
Graham

BILLY
22-12-07, 03:52 PM
Do you think there might be enough room in your van for my camping gear if I ask you nicely and buy you a beer :)
Graham

No probs There will be loads of room:cool:

GMS
22-12-07, 04:09 PM
No probs There will be loads of room:cool:
Youre a hero and now official support vehicle to the GMS Long Way Down ( to AR08 ) tour :salut::D
Graham

BILLY
22-12-07, 04:19 PM
Youre a hero and now official support vehicle to the GMS Long Way Down ( to AR08 ) tour :salut::D
Graham

If Gordon is going I'll take his kit as well!!!

Frank
23-12-07, 01:38 PM
hope you lot have a good ride in.Looks like Giddy no mates will be coming on his own.
Misses wont come but my lad might tag along
first time so pls be gentle

Quiff Wichard
01-01-08, 04:14 PM
stay away from Ape- my first time he was rough

Stig
01-01-08, 07:22 PM
stay away from Ape- my first time he was rough

If you can't handle it, don't turn up. :wink:

ASM-Forever
08-01-08, 12:56 AM
If you don't like me, don't turn up. :wink:

Duly noted. :p

Alpinestarhero
08-01-08, 08:54 AM
Duly noted. :p

How will i know if I like him :D

Matt

Kate Moss
09-01-08, 11:06 AM
Ok now I'm scared! Do you pick on the newbies? i'l be the one hiding behind phil24_7!!!

dizzyblonde
09-01-08, 12:28 PM
Noooooooooooooooo, they don't pick on newbies, just make sure you've got eye protection when Grinch and bear are dancing nakkid on the fields

Kate Moss
09-01-08, 12:39 PM
Noooooooooooooooo, they don't pick on newbies, just make sure you've got eye protection when Grinch and bear are dancing nakkid on the fields

eeeek naked dancing! I have a tinted visor is that enough protection or are we talking science goggle thickness??

hovis
09-01-08, 12:51 PM
Noooooooooooooooo, they don't pick on newbies,

wanna bet

dizzyblonde
09-01-08, 12:54 PM
eeeek naked dancing! I have a tinted visor is that enough protection or are we talking science goggle thickness??
yes and maybe a blindfold,

[yorkie chris says mmmm mrs 247 blindfolded....]
Don't worry he's gonna get a slap now, round the earholes naughty boy

Kate Moss
09-01-08, 12:58 PM

Don't worry he's gonna get a slap now, round the earholes naughty boy

hehe!! oh my god, please don't leave me to fend for myself!!

Kate Moss
09-01-08, 12:59 PM
wanna bet

you wouldn't pick on me would you Hovis??

dizzyblonde
09-01-08, 01:03 PM
hehe!! oh my god, please don't leave me to fend for myself!!
nah won't let you fend fer yerself, I'm hard me, pick on deers a lot

Kate Moss
09-01-08, 01:13 PM
nah won't let you fend fer yerself, I'm hard me, pick on deers a lot

I can be hard when I need to (when phil is there to back me up!!)
sounds like it will be a good laugh!

dizzyblonde
09-01-08, 01:22 PM
hehe it were great the last one, everyone is really nice, and I hadn't met any of them before. You'll know when you get there. No need for brave faces, relax and enjoy.

Kate Moss
09-01-08, 01:30 PM
hehe it were great the last one, everyone is really nice, and I hadn't met any of them before. You'll know when you get there. No need for brave faces, relax and enjoy.

i can't wait!! I wonder whether il be on my own bike or a pillion! if i wanna keep up i better be a pillion! phil is gunna get me some love handles!!

Kate Moss
09-01-08, 01:35 PM
go on your own and ride out with phil
sorted

sounds like a plan, thats if i've got to grips with ridin by then, i might not take to it, you never know!

missyburd
09-01-08, 02:44 PM

Don't worry he's gonna get several slaps now, round the earholes naughty boy

:smt081 :p

I be a newbie too hopefully :D

ljharmitt
07-02-08, 11:49 PM
does anybody have a postcode for meeting place?

pm me!

Viper
08-02-08, 07:57 AM
does anybody have a postcode for meeting place?

pm me!
PM Sent :)

ljharmitt
08-02-08, 11:34 PM
Thanks, over 130 mile just for meet point... lol long weekend

Viper
08-02-08, 11:36 PM
Thanks, over 130 mile just for meet point... lol long weekend

I had a fair treck last year to the lakes for the AR07, It will be worth it i promise :drink:

Drew Carey
09-02-08, 02:08 PM
Gonna be a total of about 90 miles my mway (from Worcester), but, if I choose to go via the nice n twisties then is only 85 miles, double the time, but double the grins.

I'm hoping to meet anyone going down the M5 to ride with if people fancy it. That way, the ride down could even be a laugh.