PDA

View Full Version : Racing the SV?

bernie32
27-12-07, 02:47 AM
My sponsor wants me to race the SV and is providing the 2005 for me to track prep. I've raced the ZX6 and the ZX10 but know little about the SV. Where would I go to look at the different SVs (Years and specs) Have they changed much? Keep in mind I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada so there might even be some suttle differences. Thanks

rictus01
27-12-07, 05:41 AM
A complete model history is on the home page (click on logo above), this lists all the model changes by year.

Or of course click Here (http://www.sv650.org/model_history_files/suzuki_sv650_model_history.htm).

And for anything Mini twins (sv race series) click Here (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=151)

Cheers Mark.

tranx
27-12-07, 05:33 PM
As far as minitwins goes any other model is pretty much on par with the others. Carb'd or injected can all be made just as fast as each other. The 2005 injected model will be a fine base for a race bike.

Do you have a minitwins class in Canada? If not then what class will you be running in? I know that over here they sometimes compete with the 400's as they are about even on power with a mildly tuned 400 or 2-stroke 250. Expect around 70hp after exhaust, power commander and setup on the rolling road.

sv-robo
12-01-08, 06:49 PM
are,nt they supposed to be 71bhp as standard,then add the bits on to gain a bit more?:smt017:confused:

metalmonkey
12-01-08, 06:54 PM
are,nt they supposed to be 71bhp as standard,then add the bits on to gain a bit more?:smt017:confused:

Its 72bhp, allowed as max engine output, then someone like me on it it will go a bit faster being a light rider.

tranx
13-01-08, 10:02 AM
I think sv-robo means that a standard SV is meant to produce 71hp according to the figures released by Suzuki. In real life it's no-where near this, except maybe at the crank rather than the rear wheel.

metalmonkey
13-01-08, 10:11 AM
I think sv-robo means that a standard SV is meant to produce 71hp according to the figures released by Suzuki. In real life it's no-where near this, except maybe at the crank rather than the rear wheel.

Yeah thats very true, only way to know for is to have then bike dynoed, remapped and set up...

Yeah I would for something like a K5/6 for a race bike there seem good for the job, from what I have seen so far.