PDA

View Full Version : Sunday lunch, but where ?

stewie
30-12-07, 06:32 PM
just wondering if anyone fancies meeting up next sunday, the 6th of jan for a sunday lunch ?

Speedy Claire
30-12-07, 06:40 PM
Can`t say yes or no at this point.... got big works xmas night out on Sat 5th and can`t guarantee being in any fit state to make it lol. If I did come i`d have to scrounge a lift cos its a 4am bar so I wouldn`t risk driving/riding. We know the Stormey Petrel does food but does the Tap?? am not sure?

stewie
30-12-07, 06:49 PM
Can`t say yes or no at this point.... got big works xmas night out on Sat 5th and can`t guarantee being in any fit state to make it lol. If I did come i`d have to scrounge a lift cos its a 4am bar so I wouldn`t risk driving/riding. We know the Stormey Petrel does food but does the Tap?? am not sure?

Well we can find out in the week,was just thinking it might be easier to meet up at weekends than evenings at the minute, just a thought what does anyone else think ? also might be nice to see some new faces as well, just a thought

Speedy Claire
30-12-07, 06:53 PM
Yep I think it`s a nice idea and if the 6th doesn`t work out I`m off the following weekend :thumleft:

stewie
30-12-07, 06:59 PM
Btw Claire, just cos the bars open till 4 am doesnt mean you have to drink till then.........

Ill get me coat ;)

Speedy Claire
30-12-07, 07:05 PM
Really???? and here`s me thinking i`d have to drink until 4am, geez I`m glad you told me lol

:drunken:

hovis
30-12-07, 07:13 PM
Really???? and here`s me thinking i`d have to drink until 4am, geez I`m glad you told me lol

:drunken:

he's lieing............. you do have to drink till 4am:cool:

Speedy Claire
30-12-07, 07:20 PM
Exactly, thats what I thought....... after all if the hotel staff are kind enough to keep the bar open and stay on their feet til 4am the very least I can do is to make them feel needed :D

stewie
30-12-07, 07:24 PM
Exactly, thats what I thought....... after all if the hotel staff are kind enough to keep the bar open and stay on their feet til 4am the very least I can do is to make them feel needed :D

There goes the neighbourhood ! :D will you get me one in then ?

Speedy Claire
30-12-07, 08:34 PM
For sure :thumleft:

In fact......... me and about 25 of my colleagues are all staying over at the hotel so forget lunch, why don`t you all come for breakfast lol, If anyone asks you just have to say you`re either a nurse, a policeman or a fireman cos its only open to "999" personnel :D

markmoto
31-12-07, 03:32 PM
speedy will be there till they hoof her out or until the alcohol runs out! whichever comes first she comes from a long line of ale tanks :-)

Speedy Claire
31-12-07, 03:37 PM
lol.... cheeky git :p

Tis my workmates that`ll drink the bar dry, they drink far more than me!!!!!!! I could only manage a bottle of wine, bottle of baileys and half a bottle of brandy.... tops!

Shellywoozle
31-12-07, 06:43 PM
I am up for it, depends on if I can get a lift.

Kwakkk ... Shell calling Kwak. :)

Speedy Claire
02-01-08, 06:34 PM
ok sunshine and a "few showers" predicted for the North West this weekend.. any decision on where to meet up yet??

melody
02-01-08, 09:53 PM
I won't make this one.

However, my bike will be back on the road soon so hopefully I should be able to join in in future.

:smt026:smt026:smt026:smt026:smt026

If I don't get completely lost that is.

Luckypants
03-01-08, 12:16 AM
If I don't get completely lost that is.

Didn't Santa bring you a sat-nav? Obviously not a good enough girl last year.....:twisted:

stewie
03-01-08, 01:56 PM
ok sunshine and a "few showers" predicted for the North West this weekend.. any decision on where to meet up yet??

The problem is when you get so many peeps responding its always hard to please everyone ;) well I put down for The Tap and I think Claire might have as well, how about some of the new members popping down to say hello ?

stewie
03-01-08, 04:07 PM
Dont actually know if they do lunch or not tbh, anyway Im planning on being down there about 12.30 - 1.00 ish if anyone fancies joining me.

Speedy Claire
03-01-08, 04:28 PM
If the tap doesn`t do food the other pub there should, there`ll be one very nearby anyway. Yep i`ll try an make it Stewie, will txt you :D

jamessunhill
03-01-08, 10:33 PM
I should be up for this one (on 2 wheels). My bike should be back together tomorrow (picked up the bits this afternoon).

Where's the Tap?

markmoto
03-01-08, 11:06 PM
Google maps type in "the tap ellesmere port" not far mate.

stewie
04-01-08, 06:30 AM
I should be up for this one (on 2 wheels). My bike should be back together tomorrow (picked up the bits this afternoon).

Where's the Tap?

Hey James, why dont we meet up at Chester services on the M56, bout 12.00 - 12.15 ishon the garage forecourt, I will be carrying a copy of the times and sporting a red carnation :D

Pedro68
04-01-08, 10:44 AM
I don't think I can make this one guys n gals ... we are supposed to be taking my mum out for Sunday lunch (and we've already had to re-arrange it due to illness last week).

However, if things change, then I'll text one of you.

If you want a REALLY good Sunday lunch you could do far worse than The Chimneys - not far from The Tap ;-)

Oooh, I just Googled it and it has the exact same menu as The Punchbowl (in Lunt) where we've just had a couple of nice meals ... can defo recommend the Roast Duck! They also do traditional Sunday Roasts (which I haven't tried). Oh and the Sweet Red Pepper and Goats Cheese starter is nice too :-P ... is it lunchtime yet?!?