PDA

View Full Version : Weekend meet - Jan 13th

Pages : [1] 2

stewie
06-01-08, 07:46 PM
Well I think we can all agree that the first weekend meet went well, so where do you all fancy for the next one ? by rights we should be heading up to the Ponderosa, however its up to us lot to decide where we go next so poll away for the next weekend out.

Speedy Claire
06-01-08, 09:37 PM
ok will do... think i`m off work so will see what weathers like \\:D/

If it turns out to be the same crowd going and no-one from further afield what about going Parbold way?? some nice pubs to meet up there erm Dickenson arms at bottom of Parbold Hill or the Wigan Tree on the top of the hill?

markmoto
06-01-08, 11:26 PM
i say claire damd fine idea you have there :smt115:D

Speedy Claire
06-01-08, 11:32 PM
lol...

if peeps are comin from further afield wouldn`t be such a good idea but for the likes of Stew and James I`m sure its probs easier to get to than the tap??? not sure :confused:

Plus.. there`d be food for James :D

markmoto
06-01-08, 11:36 PM
Yep poor guy was famished!! i swear i could hear his belly rumblin could you? :-)

Speedy Claire
06-01-08, 11:45 PM
Are you sure it wasn`t mine??? thought it was the combination of last nights Baileys, Brandy and champagne plus the lack of food all day :smt043

markmoto
06-01-08, 11:47 PM
Erm might have been did hear for fartin a few times :-)

Speedy Claire
06-01-08, 11:51 PM
WOT!!!! that wasn`t me :(

markmoto
06-01-08, 11:53 PM
:D might have been your boots squeeking then lol

Speedy Claire
07-01-08, 12:03 AM
Get stuffed you git... [-(

markmoto
07-01-08, 12:06 AM
What!! i believe baby oils good for squeeky boots :-)

Luckypants
07-01-08, 12:35 AM
Ohh can see I will have to wade in with my mod stick to part the quarrelling lovers! :smt043

I will be keen to come, anywhere really. If it is hoying it down with rain, I'll be out boating though (got the bug again).

Ponderosa for lunch is pants, but if you guys fancy a short ride into N. Wales, I know a great new place that does good food and even better coffee. Not a Sunday roast though.

SV-CHEF
07-01-08, 12:48 AM
Id be intrested in one of these RIDEOUTS BUT im a NEWBIE. so where du all go and how do i know im in the right place. Im new to my SV also so i not ventured to far. Dont mind travelling but dont wanna get lost in the middle of nowhere. NE info is always a HELP

dissuade
07-01-08, 12:59 AM
Id be intrested in one of these RIDEOUTS BUT im a NEWBIE.

Me also. Is it ok if I pitch up? May need to find out where these places are first, mind.

Luckypants
07-01-08, 09:06 AM
Id be intrested in one of these RIDEOUTS BUT im a NEWBIE. so where du all go and how do i know im in the right place. Im new to my SV also so i not ventured to far. Dont mind travelling but dont wanna get lost in the middle of nowhere. NE info is always a HELP

Me also. Is it ok if I pitch up? May need to find out where these places are first, mind.

ALL are welcome, especially new folks. We can arrange to meet you in a mutually convenient and well known spot. Then ride in together, so you get a ride out and a meet rolled into one. For instance last Sunday a few met up at Chester services.

stewie
07-01-08, 09:37 AM
Maybe we should make sundays meeting newbie specific, you know, find a place suitable for any new guys and gals ( guys and gals, what am I Jimmy fecking saville ?) so if anyone has any suggestions as to where to go post em up.

jamessunhill
07-01-08, 10:54 AM
Sounds like a great idea.

There are plenty of decent pubs with great roads around the area:riding: (and plenty of parking for those who don't seem to have a bike anymore:driving:)

Newbies are ALWAYS welcome.:smt023

stewie
07-01-08, 11:06 AM
Sounds like a great idea.

There are plenty of decent pubs with great roads around the area:riding: (and plenty of parking for those who don't seem to have a bike anymore:driving:)

Newbies are ALWAYS welcome.:smt023

:driving: does he mean me ? ;)

ok well how many newbies are coming and if you are new to the bike or riding in general how far do you feel comfortable travelling ? I often meet people at the services on the M56 at Chester, but thats another story, so post up and let us know :D

dissuade
07-01-08, 11:46 AM
well my first go on my bike was travelling up from london to manchester in torrential rain. so i don't mind long distances.

i have a woeful sense of direction though.

and my going kinda depends on me getting some new tyres sorted out. mine are square.

plowsie
07-01-08, 12:11 PM
well my first go on my bike was travelling up from london to manchester in torrential rain. so i don't mind long distances.

i have a woeful sense of direction though.
This sounds exactly like me :smt043I just enjoy getting lost \\:D/:brilsmurf:

jamessunhill
07-01-08, 10:34 PM
This sounds exactly like me :smt043I just enjoy getting lost \\:D/:brilsmurf:
From what I hear, you also enjoy getting other people lost!

plowsie
08-01-08, 09:18 AM
Dunno what you mean, nope not me :---)

:smt110

Pedro68
08-01-08, 11:54 AM
I can testify to that :rolleyes:

stewie
08-01-08, 03:29 PM
Ohh can see I will have to wade in with my mod stick to part the quarrelling lovers! :smt043

I will be keen to come, anywhere really. If it is hoying it down with rain, I'll be out boating though (got the bug again).

Ponderosa for lunch is pants, but if you guys fancy a short ride into N. Wales, I know a great new place that does good food and even better coffee. Not a Sunday roast though.

Sounds like a plan Mike where is it ?

Luckypants
08-01-08, 03:34 PM
Sounds like a plan Mike where is it ?
Is near Betws-y-Coed, on the A5. Conwy Falls Cafe, at the Penmachno turn. Large car park, in the twisty section of the A5. We can meet up, ride the N. Wales TT or Denbigh moors, head down the A5. Stop, head up the crashing road back towards your neck of the woods after food.

stewie
08-01-08, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a plan, what does everyone think ?

Speedy Claire
08-01-08, 05:03 PM
Can I be a coward and wait an see wot the weathers like?? Workin all week an no time to buy winter gloves!!!!

dissuade
08-01-08, 05:18 PM
betws-y-coed on a sunday?! are you mad?! it's full of hillwalkers and OAPs! ;)

Not sure, would take me two and a half hours to get there for starts, so i may wimp out. :smt089

xx

Luckypants
08-01-08, 05:25 PM

Not sure, would take me two and a half hours to get there for starts, so i may wimp out. :smt089

xx
Errr I said NEAR B-Y-C, not in it! I'm local and know full well the problems getting fed there. Nearest we would get to B-Y-C is the petrol station on the A5 road bridge (the Waterloo Bridge). As for taking ages to get there, well the plan is to have a ride in and a ride out for those from your side of the border. So you have to get to the meeting point. Chester Services again anyone?

markmoto
08-01-08, 05:30 PM
I have to agree with speedy my participation will depend largely on the weather this weekend, a short binble to the tap is one thing but off into wales when the weather is pants is not for me. ;-)

dissuade
08-01-08, 07:58 PM
Chester Services again anyone?

go on then.

xx

(weather dependent.)

Quiff Wichard
08-01-08, 08:06 PM
Me me me me me me me me

maybe

morillo
08-01-08, 09:18 PM
i'll tip up where ever you end up going, not fussed really yes i'm a newbie so please be nice ha ha

mac608
08-01-08, 10:04 PM
Depends upon:

1. if I'm working
2. I've earned enough brownie points
3. the weather

And I've a feeling the bike's due for an oil change.

So it'll be Saturday before I know.
If I can make it I'm quite happy to meet up a the Chester services on the M56, quick dash to Queensferry and pick up the A5 somewhere west of that. Shouldn't take too long

jamessunhill
08-01-08, 11:12 PM

xx

I'll be coming from Stockport (and I think mac608 will be doing to).

We could meet up and head over to Chester Services together.

What do you think Mac?

stewie
09-01-08, 02:30 PM
Just had a quick look at the weather forecast for the coming weekend, sunday appears to be the worst of the two days in both N Wales and shropshire, Mike are you still thinking of going Kayaking if the weathers bad ? cos we may have to have a look at alternatives, what does anyone think ? Dont want to appear more of a car driving lightweight than I usually am , just dont want to spend the day drenched thats all what does everyone want to do

tp://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2503 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2503)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3674

Luckypants
09-01-08, 02:55 PM
Mike are you still thinking of going Kayaking if the weathers bad ?

Hell yeah! but it will need to rain like buggery Saturday night to make it worthwhile.

You guys go ahead and arrange something else if you prefer something closer to home, we can save this one for a nice day.

Speedy Claire
09-01-08, 11:22 PM
hmmmmm........ not sure what to do. Problem is I could leave here in nice weather and half way to Wales the heavens could open and it`d turn into such a miserable day. If the forecast isn`t good I`ll suggest Parbold again... i think it`d be pretty central for most up this neck of the woods. Am open to suggestions

stewie
10-01-08, 03:36 PM
Hell yeah! but it will need to rain like buggery Saturday night to make it worthwhile.

You guys go ahead and arrange something else if you prefer something closer to home, we can save this one for a nice day.

Mike, it might be an idea to save that run for a nicer day as you say, looks a good un, just want to make sure wherever we go everyone has a chance to turn up, so, as Im going to work shortly if anyone else would like to offer some suggestions that would good :D

Luckypants
10-01-08, 03:42 PM
I have alternative plans for Sunday now.

Speedy Claire
10-01-08, 07:02 PM
ok have just been chatting to Stew and Marc.... in view of the fact that the weather looks a bit iffy and Wales is off the menu we`ve decided that Parbold is the best option. Should be pretty central for those that have expressed an interest in going

If its raining then we`ll scrap the idea but if the weathers not too bad we`ll meet at the Wigan Tree Pub which is at the very top of Parbold Hill between 12.30 and 1pm.

Fingers crossed we`ll hopefully have some semi decent weather

jamessunhill
10-01-08, 11:21 PM
Wigan Tree Pub

I think you mean the Wiggin Tree Pub (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/19/19635/Wiggin_Tree/Parbold)

Map Here (http://www.beerintheevening.com/cgi-bin/map_link.cgi?id=19635&type=10)

All being well, I'll see you there.

dissuade
11-01-08, 12:52 AM
I think you mean the Wiggin Tree Pub (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/19/19635/Wiggin_Tree/Parbold)

Map Here (http://www.beerintheevening.com/cgi-bin/map_link.cgi?id=19635&type=10)

All being well, I'll see you there.

can you get there unaided? in which case, can i just follow you?

xx

markmoto
11-01-08, 12:55 AM
thats the one James ;-) thought it was only me still up

jamessunhill
11-01-08, 01:14 AM
can you get there unaided? in which case, can i just follow you?

xx

Yes I can.

I have a wonderful thing called Sat Nav. Doesn't look to hard to find anyway.

Where do you want to meet? I'll be coming from the South East side (Stockport).

markmoto
11-01-08, 01:23 AM
maybe we could meet up somewhere people know such as the hen and chickens in melling then ride upto the wiggin tree i know a good route from the hen and chicks

DoubleD
11-01-08, 10:42 AM
You know I just might be able to come to this on Sunday, I have been driving to Wigan for the last 4 years and never seen Parbold on the signs.

If the weather is nice (ie not raining cats and dogs) and I can squeeze into my leathers I might see you at the Wiggan Tree Pub on Sunday lunch time.

Thanks for the heads up text Chewie.

Baph
11-01-08, 12:34 PM
I'm working late shifts all weekend, so I suppose my vote doesn't count ;)

mac608
11-01-08, 01:13 PM
Can't make it this weekend, someone's feeling neglected.

stewie
11-01-08, 02:23 PM
I'm working late shifts all weekend, so I suppose my vote doesn't count ;)

Your vote always counts ;) nice to see you back on Dave, hopefully more regularly in the future too.

El Saxo
11-01-08, 02:49 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the invites from Stewie & DoubleD - Can't make it though as I'm working all weekend. Shame cos the place is only about 5-10 mins from my house!! :roll:

For those unsure how to find the place it's very easy to find if you can get to J27 of the M6.

If heading north on the M6 it's left (1st exit) off J27 and if you're heading south it's right (3rd exit). After you exit the motorway just keep going along the road you're on, there are no turnings to take. You can't miss the pub, it's on the right at the top of the big feck-off hill! If you end up going downhill again, you've gone too far.

Oh, and if you decide to venture out towards Southport direction after you all meet, watch out on the way down the hill from the pub, there's a sneaky GATSO just after a blind left hand bend, just after you enter the 30mph zone going downhill - it is waaaay to easy to let yourself creep up to about 35/40 cos the descent is quite steep. I once managed to set it off on a pushbike ;)

markmoto
11-01-08, 03:04 PM
Ive set that off numerous times going up the hill :-)

Speedy Claire
11-01-08, 04:24 PM
Wot on a pushbike??? :D

markmoto
11-01-08, 05:29 PM
Wot on a pushbike??? :D

Absolutely :cool:

Not!!

dissuade
11-01-08, 06:16 PM
Yes I can.

I have a wonderful thing called Sat Nav. Doesn't look to hard to find anyway.

Where do you want to meet? I'll be coming from the South East side (Stockport).

no idea, somewhere that is easy to find. i'm in south manchester-ish, i think.

xx

Quiff Wichard
11-01-08, 07:42 PM
I still might come-

once I charged me battery tommorow..

if the weather is pants I arent coming though

could do with a good blast on the bike however- its been ages....

and its easier now andy has given us fail safe directions

oh- and its my birthday on Monday !!

easter
11-01-08, 07:59 PM
im hoping to make this one, ill have to acquire my hubbys sat nav as i havent a clue were it is lol

Baph
11-01-08, 10:32 PM
Your vote always counts ;) nice to see you back on Dave, hopefully more regularly in the future too.

Cheers stewie.

In all seriousness, if it was closer to me, I'd think about it. A late for me starts at 3pm. But given where you folks have chosen, and the fact it'd take me 2 hours ish to get to work from there, there's little point.

That, and the condition of the bike at the moment (slow puncture in rear - getting sorted tomorrow, general filth etc)...

plowsie
11-01-08, 10:41 PM
Cheers stewie.

In all seriousness, if it was closer to me, I'd think about it. A late for me starts at 3pm. But given where you folks have chosen, and the fact it'd take me 2 hours ish to get to work from there, there's little point.

That, and the condition of the bike at the moment (slow puncture in rear - getting sorted tomorrow, general filth etc)...
Thats the new trend i tell ya :cheers:

stewie
12-01-08, 12:44 AM
im hoping to make this one, ill have to acquire my hubbys sat nav as i havent a clue were it is lol
Where are you coming from ? maybe you could meet up with someone

Speedy Claire
12-01-08, 01:31 PM
I`ll look forward to seein everyone who says they`re coming.... lets hope the weathers stays as ok as today!!!

stewie
12-01-08, 03:07 PM
Bikes running, filled up with juice, please dont rain[-o<

jamessunhill
12-01-08, 03:12 PM
Battery charged?

Quiff Wichard
12-01-08, 03:42 PM
my battery is on charge I may come

but as its my birthday I dont expect to have to pay for any food. drink or petrol

I thank you-

stewie
12-01-08, 03:45 PM

but as its my birthday I dont expect to have to pay for any food. drink or petrol

I thank you-

I think I could probably stand you a pint, maybe two ;) hope you make it

Speedy Claire
12-01-08, 04:07 PM

I thank you-

I`ll happily buy you lunch.... wot flavour cup a soup do you want??? I`ll pm you Stew`s card details so`s you can pay for your petrol on way up :D

PS: Don`t tell him I have them.... is his own fault, I`m a scouser so he should know better than to give me a lift in his car!!! :smt081

stewie
12-01-08, 04:10 PM
I`ll happily buy you lunch.... wot flavour cup a soup do you want??? I`ll pm you Stew`s card details so`s you can pay for your petrol on way up :D

PS: Don`t tell him I have them.... is his own fault, I`m a scouser so he should know better than to give me a lift in his car!!! :smt081

Hey thats a point, where is me car ? :smt017

Speedy Claire
12-01-08, 04:12 PM
Have been told that the Wiggin Tree might not be such a nice pub for lunch. If we all meet in the car park next to it which is at the very top of Parbold Hill between 12.33 and 1.04pm we can then decide whether to stay there or go to the pub at the bottom of the hill.

Right... am off to browse www.onlinegoodweatherspells (http://www.onlinegoodweatherspells) :thumright:

Speedy Claire
12-01-08, 04:16 PM
Hey thats a point, where is me car ? :smt017

See me tomor... I have a very nice car I think might be right up your street. Just let me know what colour you want it sprayed in and what engine/chasis no. you want stamped on it :smt081

stewie
12-01-08, 04:18 PM
See me tomor... I have a very nice car I think might be right up your street. Just let me know what colour you want it sprayed in and what engine/chasis no. you want stamped on it :smt081
Ohh you scousers, all natural born comedians :D

Quiff Wichard
12-01-08, 04:29 PM
Have been told that the Wiggin Tree might not be such a nice pub for lunch. If we all meet in the car park next to it which is at the very top of Parbold Hill between 12.33 and 1.04pm we can then decide whether to stay there or go to the pub at the bottom of the hill.

Right... am off to browse www.onlinegoodweatherspells (http://www.onlinegoodweatherspells) :thumright:

12-33 to 1- 04

rather precise mate !

battery charging- bike is dirty- well by my standards- so I may have to get up with a birthday hangover and clean her -

but if it raining- I not coming !

and stew- a pepsi will be fine- I dont have any beer at all when I driving- I am a good boy

stewie
12-01-08, 04:34 PM
12-33 to 1- 04

rather precise mate !

battery charging- bike is dirty- well by my standards- so I may have to get up with a birthday hangover and clean her -

but if it raining- I not coming !

and stew- a pepsi will be fine- I dont have any beer at all when I driving- I am a good boy

check out the sig mate

Speedy Claire
12-01-08, 05:15 PM
12-33 to 1- 04

rather precise mate !

ok, am prepared to re-negotiate the time......... is 12.31 to 1.05 ok? bit more leeway :smt081

timwilky
12-01-08, 05:28 PM
TBH, you lot would be better off doing a further 5 miles and getting upto Rivvy. Extreamly bike friendly, £5 for a full sunday roast etc.

Speedy Claire
12-01-08, 05:31 PM
Didn`t realise Rivvy was that close to Parbold? geography not my strong point!

markmoto
12-01-08, 05:55 PM
Didn`t realise Rivvy was that close to Parbold? geography not my strong point!

Its about 13miles from parbold ;)

El Saxo
12-01-08, 06:50 PM
IIRC the Wiggin Tree is a Brewer's Fayre / Beefeater or something like that, so that gives you an idea what to expect. I haven't eaten there in ages though so I couldnt really tell you what the food's like.

There's a pub called the Wayfarer which is about 1 min further down the hill (in opposite direction to the M6, past the Gatso I mentioned earlier). Keep going straight on, you'll cross a hump-back bridge over the canal and it's a few hundred yards further up on the left. very nice food last time I was there but likely to be quite busy on a sunday afternoon.

As Tim said, Rivvy isn't that far - about 20-25 mins ride from The Wiggin Tree. If any of you were at AR07 and followed me from the BP garage to Rivvy then you'll probably remember it. In fact if you're going to go to Rivvy you'd be just as well to meet at the BP garage as it's right next to J27 of the M6, very easy to find.

easter
12-01-08, 07:15 PM
after major hunting with sat nav i found wiggin tree, what time is everyone expecting to be there, about 1pm?

markmoto
12-01-08, 07:45 PM
Yep there abouts but as already said its weather permitting.

jamessunhill
12-01-08, 07:48 PM
I'm now meeting Dissuade at her house (no chance of her hetting lost that way).;)

Anyone else from the Manchester area coming who wants to join us and ride up together?

easter
12-01-08, 09:29 PM
sat nav says runcorn-widnes bridge for me, anyone meet at chester services?

markmoto
12-01-08, 09:33 PM
where are you coming from

easter
12-01-08, 11:00 PM
eastham south wirral

stewie
12-01-08, 11:11 PM
eastham south wirral
tell you what, why dont you come off the Runcorn turning and I could meet you in widnes somewhere

melody
13-01-08, 08:16 AM
So what's the verdict? Is this still on?

I'm in Bury at the moment so not too far from you all.

Hopefully I don't get lost this time.:(

Oh and I'm in the car. I have a good excuse too!

Speedy Claire
13-01-08, 09:40 AM
At the minute a bit wet and windy here... am hoping the weather will pick up but will let you know whats happening

markmoto
13-01-08, 10:16 AM
Weathers Pants :(](*,)

jamessunhill
13-01-08, 10:22 AM
It's rather nasty here too. Wet and very windy.:(

Bluepete
13-01-08, 10:22 AM
Weathers Pants :(](*,)

Is that Mikes new name?

stewie
13-01-08, 10:25 AM
So whats the verdict guys ? yay or nay ?

dissuade
13-01-08, 10:28 AM
i'm not made of sugar, so i'd still go.

i ride in all kinds of crazy weather tho, so i would suggest you leave the decision up to someone with an ounce of common sense. ;)

markmoto
13-01-08, 10:34 AM

i ride in all kinds of crazy weather tho, so i would suggest you leave the decision up to someone with an ounce of common sense. ;)

:mrgreen: Funny!

Speedy Claire
13-01-08, 10:34 AM
In current weather I wouldn`t go on the bike.... wouldn`t risk it, sorry guys but roads are just to wet an greasy, no fun :(

markmoto
13-01-08, 10:40 AM
If i hadnt spent 2 hours giving my bike the best clean it had ever had the other day (hasnt been out since) i would have gone on bike but she is looking at me with a :( face saying please no i dont want to get dirty!! il have to get myself a bike that likes to get dirty my sv didnt mind if she got dirty or not :rolleyes:

stewie
Think I will take the bike out for a slow bimble up there

markmoto

I like the ladys spirit though ;)

stewie
13-01-08, 10:41 AM
If i hadnt spent 2 hours giving my bike the best clean it had ever had the other day (hasnt been out since) i would have gone on bike but she is looking at me with a :( face saying please no i dont want to get dirty!! il have to get myself a bike that likes to get dirty my sv didnt mind if she got dirty or not :rolleyes:

Hey I know some bloke with a ZZR 600 doesnt mind getting dirty ;)

markmoto
13-01-08, 10:42 AM

Not only this but my back tyre has a striking resemblance to one of rossi's slicks :rolleyes: not good in the rain!! must get those new tyres sorted asap.

markmoto
13-01-08, 10:44 AM
Hey I know some bloke with a ZZR 600 doesnt mind getting dirty ;)

Ermmm .........:-D

Speedy Claire
13-01-08, 10:44 AM
ok if peeps are still gonna make the effort and go then i`ll come... if weather picks up i`ll get the bike out if not i`ll just come in the car