PDA

View Full Version : Weekend meet - Sun 20th jan

Pages : [1] 2

stewie
13-01-08, 06:24 PM
Well a good time was had by all on Sun 13th and if anyone fancies doin it again, well you know the drill, vote for were you want to go to, dont forget that the weather is unpredicabtle at this time of year so I suggest we all swap mob no,s so we can decide on the day if the weather is looking a bit iffy. Also as I have posted the last few meets up I will make this my last one and someone else can do the honours, unless no one else fancies it. One last thing weve done the stormy, the tap and now the wiggin tree maybe we be thinking about heading west for the next one and give the guys on the Welsh side a chance to come, its only a thought.

Baph
13-01-08, 06:45 PM
I'm off for that one, and should be able to wrangle the day away from family.

I have a wet front plug issue at the moment (and a fender extender in the loft :) ) so that'll need sorting sharpish anyway.

So far, count me in for the meet. But if the front plug isn't sorted and it's raining, or I have to have a family day, I might have to drop out :(

Ponderosa ;) You know you want to...

melody
13-01-08, 06:52 PM
I'm free next week end so I may come along if my bike is up and running.

dissuade
13-01-08, 07:09 PM
get in! i'll be there with bells on. (and maybe also an indicator that doesn't tell the sky where i am going)

xx

Speedy Claire
13-01-08, 07:10 PM
It can match my mirror that reflects the sky!!!

stewie
13-01-08, 07:13 PM
Re what I said about doing the weekend meet posts, I only meant that I didnt want to be seen to be running the show or anything that was all ;) quite happy to keep on doing it unless someone else wants to have a go for a bit

Speedy Claire
13-01-08, 07:23 PM
You carry on hun.. you`re doin a grand job

Lissa
13-01-08, 07:34 PM
Ponderosa?

Pondering:D

jamessunhill
13-01-08, 08:01 PM
You know me.

I'll go anywhere (as long as there's grub)

Speedy Claire
13-01-08, 08:05 PM
Just a thought but I remember a few years ago falling across a pub called the White Horse... was really nice and they seemed biker friendly. Couldn`t tell you how to get there but have googled it and its in a place called Hendrerwydd, near Denbigh.

http://www.white-horse-inn.co.uk/index2.htm

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=LL16+4LL&ie=UTF8&ll=53.161825,-3.315597&spn=0.381218,0.896759&z=10&om=1

Might not be suitable for next weekend but its Wales lol

Bluepete
13-01-08, 08:13 PM
Claire, some of the best roads I've ever ridden are around that pub area!

Count me in for the next one, if I can get me leg over!

Go on then Lissa, what can you do with that? :p

Speedy Claire
13-01-08, 08:15 PM
They do rooms :D

Lissa
13-01-08, 08:23 PM
Claire, some of the best roads I've ever ridden are around that pub area!

Count me in for the next one, if I can get me leg over!

Go on then Lissa, what can you do with that? :p

:-#

Not saying nuffin!

Bluepete
13-01-08, 08:43 PM
They do rooms :D

You offering?

Speedy Claire
13-01-08, 09:36 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooo lol, am blushing now!!! :oops:

Shellywoozle
13-01-08, 09:40 PM
You offering?

Can I play too LOL

Luckypants
13-01-08, 10:27 PM
Just a thought but I remember a few years ago falling across a pub called the White Horse... was really nice and they seemed biker friendly. Couldn`t tell you how to get there but have googled it and its in a place called Hendrerwydd, near Denbigh.

http://www.white-horse-inn.co.uk/index2.htm

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=LL16+4LL&ie=UTF8&ll=53.161825,-3.315597&spn=0.381218,0.896759&z=10&om=1

Might not be suitable for next weekend but its Wales lol

Was that before it became a posh eatery? No way you gonna get Sunday Lunch at that White Horse without booking a month in advance. Sorry hunni, best get your best frock out for that one.

Bluepete
14-01-08, 01:18 AM
Can I play too LOL

Yes. :)

Yes you can. :D

Oh yes indeed, you most certainly can. ;)

plowsie
14-01-08, 11:31 AM
You know me.

I'll go anywhere (as long as there's grub)
Sounds like me TBH James.

How close is Quatt to you lot? I might turn up for a couple of hours wherever you goes :)

Luckypants
14-01-08, 12:08 PM
How close is Quatt to you lot? I might turn up for a couple of hours wherever you goes :)

Quatt is long way for all of us dude, it's not really on our patch! :rolleyes:

plowsie
14-01-08, 12:40 PM
Will come up that way then :)

El Saxo
14-01-08, 02:14 PM
I've got the day off work on Sunday so might be able to make this one - doing a trackday on Saturday with my mate though & going out afterwards so it will depend how knackered & hungover I am! :lol:

stewie
14-01-08, 02:24 PM
I've got the day off work on Sunday so might be able to make this one - doing a trackday on Saturday with my mate though & going out afterwards so it will depend how knackered & hungover I am! :lol:

Lightweight...........

Ill get me coat :D

El Saxo
14-01-08, 02:33 PM
:lol: To be honest I'm more concerned about the 'still p*ssed from the night before' factor - I could probably set off a breathalyser just by riding past the police car after the average night out with my mates!!

stewie
14-01-08, 04:29 PM
Dunno how accurate this will be, but better than nothing I suppose http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2503

plowsie
14-01-08, 04:58 PM
Metcheck says to me, rain in the morning, clear but cloudy in afternoon!

El Saxo
14-01-08, 05:42 PM
It's going to be dry & sunny all day! [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

:lol:

plowsie
15-01-08, 07:26 PM
Anyone fancy about 11 at the Ponderosa, should take me 3 hours the route i'm going to take, knowing me thats a Plowsie detour and 5 hours :D

stewie
15-01-08, 07:53 PM
Right just made the wife her tea and listened to her tell me about her day while I gently massaged her feet, result ? I will be attending this weekends meet, oh yes baby :D

Lissa
15-01-08, 07:59 PM
Right just made the wife her tea and listened to her tell me about her day while I gently massaged her feet, result ? I will be attending this weekends meet, oh yes baby :D

Creep!:D

stewie
15-01-08, 08:03 PM
Creep!:D yarp ;)

markmoto
15-01-08, 08:27 PM
Like your style theres a thinking man :-)

Speedy Claire
15-01-08, 08:56 PM
Right... I`m gonna make my own tea, then listen to myself tell me about my day and massage my feet then I`ll go on Sunday too :D

Luckypants
15-01-08, 10:32 PM
Right... I`m gonna make my own tea, then listen to myself tell me about my day and massage my feet then I`ll go on Sunday too :D

I'd do tea, but you can sort your own plates......

Looks like I'll be free on Sunday (again unless it hoyed it down) so will be up there. Will have to go for a ride though, it's hardly worth getting the bike out to go up there (Nant-y-Garth notwithstanding)

Speedy Claire
15-01-08, 10:38 PM
lol, you could eat your tea of my plates they`re so clean (assuming you`re referring to my feet!)

Is there anywhere else Mike that`d incorporate a bit of a ride with a nice pub for lunch and would still be accessible for everyone?? There used to be a nice pub on the Denbigh Moors, think it was the A5 if I remember? Think it was called the Sportmans Arms but not sure what its like now or even if it`s still there

Luckypants
15-01-08, 11:01 PM
lol, you could eat your tea of my plates they`re so clean (assuming you`re referring to my feet!)

Is there anywhere else Mike that`d incorporate a bit of a ride with a nice pub for lunch and would still be accessible for everyone?? There used to be a nice pub on the Denbigh Moors, think it was the A5 if I remember? Think it was called the Sportmans Arms but not sure what its like now or even if it`s still there
Eating off your plates.... GACK!!! Not my bag young lady [-X but chocolate off other bits..... :smt096

The Sportsman's Arms is on the A543 - still there but is not well known for it's food any more. Yogi now cooks at my local for pocket money.....

Can sort out a nice ride for those that want it. Can include a nice pub.... How far and before / after Ponderosa? What do folks want?

Speedy Claire
15-01-08, 11:06 PM
See what everyone fancies..... I`m just thinkin out loud lol

I was thinking of a ride around Denbigh that sort of area, not too far cos everyone has to get home before its dark taking in a nice lunch in a warm pub somewhere. Obviously tho some people are coming from further afield like Plowsie and Pete and Lissa so i`m not sure if the Ponderosa would be easier for them and save the moors for another day.

Luckypants
15-01-08, 11:58 PM
OK me and Claire been scheming. how about a meet in Ruthin about 11.00, ride to the Conwy Falls Cafe (about 40 minutes) have Lunch, natter etc. Then trip home. Can lead the Merseyside / Manchester lot to the A55 for direct ride home.

What do folks think of that?

plowsie
16-01-08, 12:48 AM
Mike, fancy picking me up somewhere? Like ponderosa or summit so I can get took through the twisty bit with the trees all round on way to Ruthin and not get lost....

SV-CHEF
16-01-08, 12:50 AM
JUST a quick question?
not been on one b4 and stil quite new to my SV
Can ne1 come to these rides???
Also hope u guys arent to quick cus i get lost very easily
NE info always a help.

plowsie
16-01-08, 01:14 AM
sv chef - anybody is welcome mate, I come from northampton for these :) As for pace its a normal gentle easy to hold with pace!

ljharmitt
16-01-08, 03:04 AM
i might make an appearance at this one if this is the correct address

TF11 8JT

get back to me asap

Baph
16-01-08, 07:46 AM

TF11 8JT

get back to me asap

If we're meeting at Ponderosa, http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/ is the site that will give you all the info.

If we're meeting at Ruthin, I would assume that we're meeting at the petrol station near Luckypants' house. Depends where you're coming from for that, but if you come off the A55 heading towards Denbigh, then pickup signs for Ruthin. Once you get into Ruthin it's the 2nd petrol station on the right. Texaco if memory serves.

I'm sure Luckypants can give more accurate info, it's a while since I've been to Ruthin now.

Mike/Claire etc, I'm easy me :D Either Ponderosa or Ruthin (I'm assuming petrol station like usual).

Plowsie, you want to go from Ponderosa, up the North Wales TT run (twisty with trees) to get to Ruthin... that's a detour & a half! Unless you mean the Nant-y-Garth, which doesn't have nearly as many trees as the TT run. Depends what time you're looking at getting to Ponderosa, but I could meet you at Ponderosa & guide you to the petrol station in Ruthin. That'd give me chance to do HorseShoe pass, then Nant-y-Garth before everyone even meets. :D

If you want to do that (Ponderosa meet, Nant-y-Garth to meet others at Ruthin), I bet Quiff will want to tag along too since he mentions Nant-y-Garth above.

Now, someone remind me, how long's it take from my house to Ponderosa again? :lol:

melody
16-01-08, 08:28 AM
I'm getting my bike back on Saturday.

:smt026:shaking::smt026:shaking::smt026:shaking:

Would like to join you all, but Ruthin is bit too far for my maiden journey.

So once again I may turn up in the car and blag a pillion seat off LP. :)

Luckypants
16-01-08, 09:19 AM
Mike, fancy picking me up somewhere? Like ponderosa or summit so I can get took through the twisty bit with the trees all round on way to Ruthin and not get lost....

Happy to meet folks at ponderosa then lead the group down to meet Merseyside / Manchester mob in Ruthin OR we all meet at ponderosa then go for the ride. Just see what folks want to do.

Luckypants
16-01-08, 09:22 AM

TF11 8JT

get back to me asap

No mate, well wrong. LL20 8DR.

Luckypants
16-01-08, 09:26 AM

Plowsie, you want to go from Ponderosa, up the North Wales TT run (twisty with trees) to get to Ruthin... that's a detour & a half! Unless you mean the Nant-y-Garth, which doesn't have nearly as many trees as the TT run.

Sounds like the Nant-y-Garth to me, since you ride down through trees all the way.

Luckypants
16-01-08, 09:31 AM
JUST a quick question?
NE info always a help.

This is not a quick ride at all. This is a BIMBLE along some nice roads for lunch then home. You are very welcome to join us. Ponderosa is about an hour from Stafford, come through Nantwich, Wrexham, A525 toward Ruthin then turn left at the Crown in Llandegla (traffic lights) then left again at the roundabout.

stewie
16-01-08, 09:57 AM
OK me and Claire been scheming. how about a meet in Ruthin about 11.00, ride to the Conwy Falls Cafe (about 40 minutes) have Lunch, natter etc. Then trip home. Can lead the Merseyside / Manchester lot to the A55 for direct ride home.

What do folks think of that?

Is this the garage we all met up for the start of the N Wales rideout last time Mike ? if so I can lead the group over from my side.

Luckypants
16-01-08, 10:19 AM
Is this the garage we all met up for the start of the N Wales rideout last time Mike ? if so I can lead the group over from my side.

Yes, Texaco in Ruthin seems easy enough for folks to find. If we take the route I'm thinking of to the Cafe, the ride will be about an hour (44 miles)

LINK TO MAP which shows the route from Ponderosa
(http://tinyurl.com/2699er)

stewie
16-01-08, 11:12 AM
Yes, Texaco in Ruthin seems easy enough for folks to find. If we take the route I'm thinking of to the Cafe, the ride will be about an hour (44 miles)

LINK TO MAP which shows the route from Ponderosa
(http://tinyurl.com/2699er)

Ok, well Ill go with the flow on this one, Im working sat night so if we are doing this I will need a definite time for meeting up so I can stay in bed as long as poss and get all the beauty sleep I require, which is a lot I hasten to add.

plowsie
16-01-08, 11:24 AM
What the fact you require a lot of sleep to make you beautiful again, hell, you need to stay in bed all day :-P

stewie
16-01-08, 11:58 AM
What the fact you require a lot of sleep to make you beautiful again, hell, you need to stay in bed all day :-P
`
Really set meself up for that one eh ? :p

Luckypants
16-01-08, 12:18 PM
The weather is looking pretty ropey for Sunday and there may be some flooding around due to the fact that heavy rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

see Metcheck (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp?zipcode=Ll15%202dw)

stewie
16-01-08, 12:24 PM
The weather is looking pretty ropey for Sunday and there may be some flooding around due to the fact that heavy rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

Whats the alternatives ? does anyone have any ideas ? dont mind riding in the wet, but poss flooding doesnt do it for me ;)

melody
16-01-08, 12:30 PM

Oh no!!

I'm made of sugar me.

I think I'll just have a pyjama day instead!!

Speedy Claire
16-01-08, 12:42 PM
Will see what Sundays weather brings... already told Mike i`m not gonna put myself at risk as I`m due to have hip surgery on Tuesday and have waited over 2 years for this op!!! Hopefully the day will be dry an if so then the run suggested sounds great to me an i`ll be there :D

plowsie
16-01-08, 12:45 PM
Whatever the weather i will be coming :D

stewie
16-01-08, 12:50 PM
Whatever the weather i will be coming :D
Me too, I had to make the wifes dinner and massage her feet for me free pass

Luckypants
16-01-08, 01:48 PM
I think I'll just have a pyjama day instead!!

That's sent my blood pressure up!

plowsie
16-01-08, 02:17 PM
I had to *Explicit* the missus so i could come :D

Bluepete
16-01-08, 03:14 PM
I had to *Explicit* the missus so i could come :D

Sponge bath?

I like sponge.

melody
16-01-08, 03:35 PM
That's sent my blood pressure up!

Bridget Jones type pyjamas. :D

Has that sent your blood pressure plummeting?

markmoto
16-01-08, 03:45 PM

It certainly has mine :(

stewie
16-01-08, 03:51 PM

Im ok with that :twisted:

plowsie
16-01-08, 03:59 PM
Are we turning Sunday into a pyjama party at Mikes?

Speedy Claire
16-01-08, 06:27 PM
Oh Goody... I luv sleepovers, i`ll bring the munchies and the dvd`s :D

plowsie
16-01-08, 06:30 PM
I'lll bring the con...............

Conkers, i was gonna say conkers! Conker tournament, honest!

Speedy Claire
16-01-08, 06:46 PM
Con Air DVD??? fabulous... i luv that film :D

Quiff Wichard
16-01-08, 07:06 PM
might do- depends on weather-..
fair run for me from here !.. if i not in the mood.. lol

plowsie
16-01-08, 07:07 PM
I'll ride through and meet up with you hunni...

Lissa
16-01-08, 07:19 PM
Obviously tho some people are coming from further afield like Plowsie and Pete and Lissa so i`m not sure if the Ponderosa would be easier for them and save the moors for another day.

Don't worry about us:D This is a Border Patrol meet and we're cheeky interlopers:p

In all honesty, for once we ARE weather dependant anyway. Pouring rain with brand new rubber is not a good combination, so if it's p*ssing it down we wouldn't be coming anyway. :(

Meet where YOU want to meet, and we'll either see ya there or not. There'll be other times for us to come along:D

plowsie
16-01-08, 08:13 PM
Don't worry about us:D This is a Border Patrol meet and we're cheeky interlopers:p

In all honesty, for once we ARE weather dependant anyway. Pouring rain with brand new rubber is not a good combination, so if it's p*ssing it down we wouldn't be coming anyway. :(

Meet where YOU want to meet, and we'll either see ya there or not. There'll be other times for us to come along:D
And if not Pete can do us midlanders a bbq ;) :smt004

Lissa
16-01-08, 08:20 PM
And if not Pete can do us midlanders a bbq ;) :smt004

Pete?

Cook?

OMG!:sick:

plowsie
16-01-08, 08:33 PM
thats what i thought lol

Quiff Wichard
16-01-08, 09:23 PM
who meetin at chester services - that on the M 56?

I really need a ride

Quiff Wichard
16-01-08, 09:24 PM
JUST a quick question?
NE info always a help.

where are u in staffs matey - me in stoke

Lissa
16-01-08, 09:27 PM
I really need a ride

Mustn't..........................say.............. ..............anything:-#

Quiff Wichard
16-01-08, 09:35 PM
how rude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lissa
16-01-08, 09:37 PM
Me?

I didn't say anything:D

But, oh...............the temptation;)

plowsie
16-01-08, 09:38 PM
Quiff i can come through SOT for ya and you can ride over with me...

Quiff Wichard
16-01-08, 09:41 PM
Me?

I didn't say anything:D

But, oh...............the temptation;)

to comment or help out lisa? ha :smt013

Quiff Wichard
16-01-08, 09:42 PM
plowsie- you could- if I go-
was hopin some were meetin at chester services and was gonna head there- for me its a get up in the mornin see how i feel and the weather kinda thing
if i make firm commitments i hate lettin folk down.

i do miss you all though

Lissa
16-01-08, 09:44 PM
to comment or help out lisa? ha :smt013

I'm quite happy to make suggestions and give points out of 10:D

Just basically lazy, me:p

stewie
17-01-08, 03:39 PM
I'm quite happy to make suggestions and give points out of 10:D

Just basically lazy, me:p

Ok so what we doin ? where we goin ? what time we meeting ? and who,s goin ? I need to know cos Im working sat night until poss 4 am sun morning and no one has yet given an alternative to the ponderosa or conway falls and people are now starting to drop out.

melody
17-01-08, 05:00 PM
I think I shall graciously bow out of this one.

Weather forecast for the week end is not looking good at all.

There'd have to be a whole lot more on offer for me to come all the way there from Castleford. :smt045 ;)

plowsie
17-01-08, 05:15 PM
Well if you like this, Claire wants a pyjama party, Mike said we can have it at his ;)

Speedy Claire
17-01-08, 05:28 PM
ha ha... how many bedrooms has he got??? I`ve only got 2 so unfortunately can`t host the party.

I think as Mel says the weather forecast looks pretty grim :( even if we have dry weather here Wales looks wet and miserable.

Think i`ll just wait and see what Sunday brings, if the forecast has changed I`ll do Wales if not i`ll either stay home or if its not too bad here maybe head up Parbold way again but on the bike this time.

Luckypants
17-01-08, 10:39 PM
ha ha... how many bedrooms has he got??? I`ve only got 2 so unfortunately can`t host the party.

All welcome. Have 4 rooms can use for sleeping.

even if we have dry weather here Wales looks wet and miserable.

Oi! :smt075

Baph
18-01-08, 07:06 AM
I'm a definately maybe for the meet too. Mainly the weather (and the front plug issue I have), but also family commitments.

If I'm there, I'm there, if I'm not, well, I'm not. :D

Mike, I'll send you a text message in the morning either way, as it aint obvious where we're meeting if I do turn up (just had a quick skim of the thread whilst in work).

Speedy Claire
18-01-08, 08:10 AM
All welcome. Have 4 rooms can use for sleeping.

Oi! :smt075

nooooooo........ I meant the weather! not Wales itself :(

Wales is lovely :D

plowsie
18-01-08, 09:15 AM
Yer can we sort out whats going down me homies...Are we meeting in Ruthin or at the Ponderosa??? Are we doing the planned route that Mike has done...

plowsie
18-01-08, 09:41 AM
SEE HERE (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=102964)

stewie
19-01-08, 03:03 PM
Sorry guys Im out, Im working tonite and they wont let me start early so god knows what time I will be finishing in the morning, catch you all next time, ave a good un, hope the weather gives you a break

Speedy Claire
19-01-08, 04:09 PM
Maybe catch you on the next one Stew, i think tomor will be cancelled anyway looking at the weather forecast!

plowsie
19-01-08, 06:59 PM
Is it a call off? I guess so, me and James only definates, and now looks like weather gonna stay bad :(

Luckypants
19-01-08, 07:11 PM
Guys, the weather forecast from Metcheck and BBC are both for heavy rain all day tomorrow. TBH this will not be a fun trip out.

My vote is to cancel for a better day. What does everyone else think?

plowsie
19-01-08, 07:25 PM
+1 on that, this is a Welshman in Wales verdict, i'm with him!

Quiff Wichard
19-01-08, 07:35 PM
I wont make it now

got a viewer for the house at 10am !

Speedy Claire
19-01-08, 08:15 PM
I agree Mike... think it`s best to cancel, we can do it again when the weathers a bit nicer.

Best of luck with the viewing Quiff