PDA

View Full Version : Wales Air Ambulance Rideout 2008 - 12th July

GSX1400
27-01-08, 01:40 AM
I suppose this should really be posted in the rideout area but seeing as it starts in the Border Patrol's catchment area I thought I'd post it in here.

Some of you may or may not have taken part in last years event from Cardiff - Ewloe Nr Chester. 2008 see's the ride going from North to South Wales, starting in Llandudno and ending in Swansea covering manily A roads, following the coast as much as possible and is provisionally arranged to take place on Saturday 12th July 2008.

Last year's information and photo's can be seen here:
http://web.onetel.com/~rshane/

Keep checking the site for updates for this years event and how to register.

Last years ride raised 7000 pounds for the charity and we hope to raise closer to 12000 quid this year now that we know a bit more about how to organise a rideout of this size.

You are welcome to take part in the whole ride or join (and leave) at any point along the route but after taking part in the whole route last year I would highly recommend that you do it all.

If you have any questions please direct them to the address on the website link and not to me.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

G.

xXBADGERXx
04-04-08, 08:43 AM
Ooh Llandudno is only 4 miles from my house , this is of some interest to me .

Baph
05-04-08, 10:37 AM
If it's following the coast road, it'll be passing me pretty closely too.

I'm up for it :) (maybe not the whole ride, but I'll see closer to the time).

xXBADGERXx
03-06-08, 09:53 PM
Bumpitty Bump :D

GSX1400
04-06-08, 10:04 AM
Ladies and Gents

If you use the link to the website in my original post then click on Postal Registration you can print out a copy of the registration form and send it together with ?7 per rider and ?3 per pillion to the address shown on the site.

Please include a Self addressed A4 envelope + ?1 stamp so that all the relevant documentation can be sent to you.

A rough idea of the route for you will be:

Llandudno - Porthmadog - Dolgellau - Bryncrug - Tal Y Llyn - Cross Foxes - Machynlleth - Llanidloes - Aberystwyth - Aberaeron - Camarthen - Swansea.

When I posted the original message the idea was to follow the coast as much as possible. The organisers have modified the route to include some excellent roads in Mid Wales that would be a shame to miss by following the coast.

I'm meeting the route organiser later today so will be able to post a more accurate route later this week.

Many thanks

Gareth.

Luckypants
04-06-08, 10:38 AM
Is the date of 12th July still provisional or is this now 'official'? Nothing on the website you linked to about this year's ride......

GSX1400
05-06-08, 11:16 PM
Is the date of 12th July still provisional or is this now 'official'? Nothing on the website you linked to about this year's ride......

Sorry about that. The website is on a go slow for some reason. I'm not one of the organisers but I do work for the Ambulance Service and work alongside the organisers.

Saturday July 12th is the confirmed date.

Hope to see some of you there.

GSX1400
06-06-08, 10:29 PM
UPDATE

I've just spoken to our website guy and the updates version of the website can be found here:

http://www.helimedrideout.co.uk/index.htm (http://www.helimedrideout.co.uk/index.htm)

Something to do with the web host or something like that. It's stuff I don't understand anyway!!!!

Hopefully the link will work and you will find all the information you need.

Many thanks

Gareth

Luckypants
01-07-08, 09:32 AM
Just a small note to say the link above does not work with Firefox. Works well with IE.

xXBADGERXx
09-07-08, 10:59 PM
I won`t be in attendance I am afraid , Only got 70 quid in the bank to last me `til Tuesday , damned monthly pay :(