PDA

View Full Version : Superbike School

Cam_73
02-02-08, 09:34 PM
Anyone done the CSS trackday schools?

just wondering if you thought it was worth it, if you'd recommend it?

I'm thinking about trying to do it this year sometime.

Cheers

Tim in Belgium
03-02-08, 03:00 PM
I think Luke Millar on here has done it, and possibly Weaselz, give them a pm or I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

Paul the 6th
03-02-08, 03:13 PM
sv_to_gsxr (luke) has done one or two, he raved about it - im thinkin of going for it at some point :)

lukemillar
03-02-08, 11:03 PM
I think Luke Millar on here has done it, and possibly Weaselz, give them a pm or I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

Yep, did level 1 last year. Will probably do level 2 soon as well :) Definietly worth the money and would recommend it whatever your riding abilities and skills are! Though I would recommend doing it at Rockingham rather than Silverstone. We had a wet day, and they don't use the main track but the poorly surfaced Stowe circuit, which has some very slippy over-banding when it's wet!

Thread is here if you fancy a look:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=89390&page=4

Cam_73
04-02-08, 12:38 PM
Cheers Luke.

Need to work out when I can fit it in now :D

metalmonkey
04-02-08, 02:40 PM
I want to do a race school, what does everyone think, which r the best ones for someone starting out? DO they all provide bikes, or do use your own?

Balky001
04-02-08, 10:23 PM
I did CSS Level 1 a couple years ago at Rockingham, great track! I bought Twist of the Wrist II book before I went (I also had another sports riding book which I thought was better) and it was pretty much the same format that they teach you on the day. The classroom lessons make a lot of sense and its more to do with thinking your way round the track and being in harmony with the bike rather than unlocking super fast techniques on the day.

I have to admit overall I thought it was a bit pricey and I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped, but I hear level II - IV gets better.

weazelz
04-02-08, 11:36 PM

yep, Luke & I did level I at Silverstone (crappy Stowe circuit - strongly recommend doing it somewhere other than there) one wet day last year. I thought it was good, but perhaps not the magic bullet for my riding that I thought it might be. I suspect that levels II-III-IV might be very good though

johnnyrod
05-02-08, 04:58 PM
I'm going in May (level 1), although it is on the Stowe circuit (bggr), however not many weekend dates and wanted to be early in the year. You'd better get your ass in gear though because it sells out fast.

independentphoto
05-02-08, 06:07 PM
I want to do a race school, what does everyone think, which r the best ones for someone starting out? DO they all provide bikes, or do use your own?

A few of us have done courses here...

http://www.haslamraceschool.com/

....as ever, there are those of us who thought it was great and those who have criticism. You need to make your own judgement. (Although you can buy, beg or borrow a DVD that shows the whole lot and is good entertainment too).

Garry:cool:

gazman
06-02-08, 06:03 PM
My Mum & Missus clubbed together & got me a day at CSS for my crimbo prezzie, I'll be doing level 1 at Brands Hatch on 22nd July.

flibble
06-02-08, 06:44 PM
I'm going in May (level 1), although it is on the Stowe circuit (bggr), however not many weekend dates and wanted to be early in the year. You'd better get your ass in gear though because it sells out fast.

You can hover over the 'i' on the CSS booking page (http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/schedule.php) to check availability.

Hubby and I are booked on early in May at Stowe circuit too, but missed the weekend option :(

gettin2dizzy
11-02-08, 01:27 PM
2008 - http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=104445

gettin2dizzy
08-04-08, 07:14 AM
2008 - http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=104445
Bump for this. 2 of us booked now.

BLACKFIRE
14-04-08, 01:39 PM
I got this booked for me as a Chrissy Present :D
i am doing it on saturday at Silverstone !! I am sooo nervous :( but am looking forward to learning lots !! will let you know how i get on :smt039

gettin2dizzy
15-04-08, 06:14 AM
Let us know how it goes :)

The tickets/pack came through last week :thumbsup:

BLACKFIRE
21-04-08, 09:37 PM
Well i did it !!! not very well but it was a great day. The guys at Calafornia Superbike School are really cool.
They were so patient and Pete my coach for the day was a saint !!
I didnt get my knee dow (no where near actually!) but they gave me so much confidence that i dont care !!
Definatly goin to do level 2 and going to do the novice track day advertised somewhere on this forum !!

BLACKFIRE
21-04-08, 09:43 PM
Hope it works .... some pics from superbike school .... it didnt work !!!

gettin2dizzy
21-04-08, 09:45 PM
Awesome. Worth all that $$? Any tips?

BLACKFIRE
21-04-08, 09:54 PM
It was definatly worth the money :D:D but then again i didnt pay !!
My bofriend also did it but he was in a different group as he has done a couple of track days .... he crashed his bike and the guys couldnt do enough to help him and gloom (!) was a star and went all the way to Bristol to get bits required and fixed it Sunday morning for him !!!
Get to know your coach and he will help soo much ... mine, Pete, was a star :smt023
The classroom sessions can go on a bit but Andy was very funny and witty which made it a bit easier and do drink lots cos it is a long day and by the end of it you will be knackered !!

flibble
22-04-08, 08:39 AM
Sounds awesome, am really looking forward to mine. tick tock.. still got 2 months to wait :(