PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a HG Tricky jacket?

jamesw1024
15-02-08, 10:51 AM
As above. What do you think of it? Thinking about getting the Tricky III when they arrive but the guy in the Manchester store said the first jacket's being reissued in the summer, any ideas what the difference is?

Thanks

nomad
16-02-08, 08:58 AM
I have had a leather Tricky for a few years now and have loved it, very comfy. I am now after some textile gear and I believe they do a textile Tricky that I will be having a look at.

I replaced the original hard armour for the newer softer stuff but I think they come with that now anyway.

The HG gear always seems to do well in Ride tests and the Tricky did very well as I recall, and it is good value.

Squidders
29-02-08, 11:51 AM
I have the tricky II jacket and trousers...

Things I like are: the cut... it's not old man and it's not boy racer. It really is waterproof. The zip vents at the front and rear work very well. It still looks good after commuting every single day and a few trips to europe.

Things I dislike are: The cuffs are a real pain in the rear if your gloves are too long or bulky. The edging around the pockets and vents is a bit stiff and thick making them fiddly, even with the tags on the zippers. The zip connection to the trousers has recently started to argue with me.

All in all, I like it and for the money it's very good.

FeRoL
28-03-08, 05:12 PM
I tried on a tricky III the other day and really like it just got to wait for them to be produced, man in the shop said earliest end of April! I want one now :(

Apparently they had sizing issues with the Tricky II hence the new III.

Tricky III jacket and TLF leather jeans for me :smt045

injury_ian
28-03-08, 05:42 PM
Where did you see/try the tricky 3?

Ive tried on the tricky 2 really like it, and all going well buying it on monday.

Should i hold out for the tricky 3?

joe mangle
28-03-08, 05:58 PM
i have the tricky leather two piece and Its great. nice and minimal a little bit old school but looks and feels quality. Just bought a journey textile suit with gore tex and that is also superb!!

FeRoL
28-03-08, 06:11 PM
Where did you see/try the tricky 3?

Went to the HG shop in Harrow on wed and the guy there showed me the demo jacket they're using at the show's.:cool:

injury_ian
28-03-08, 10:34 PM
worth waiting for?

FeRoL
29-03-08, 01:25 AM
Not sure of the difference between the two, slight styling change. They didn't have a II in my size and there arnt any more til the new ones come out I was told.

Unless there's some left hanging in shops around the country perhaps?

I'm going to wait as it's meant for the summer :sunny::riding:

Rhiwbina_Squirrel
20-04-08, 05:50 PM
Leather or Textile? They're both available for the Tricky range

Alex

injury_ian
20-04-08, 06:04 PM
In the end i bought the suit, Gore-tex textile, and i must say, even tho its not been out in the rain yet, its damned comfy and nice and warm!

A bit of money, but i got it over 10mths free 0% credit, and a free cargo net to get it home!

Rhiwbina_Squirrel
20-04-08, 07:53 PM
The textile trousers wouldn't fit around my thighs! I did get the jacket though - It's very warm and though I've never ridden in the rain, I can vouch for it's waterproof-ness. I tend to wear it out and about a lot because it's so comfy :)

Alex

FeRoL
20-04-08, 09:37 PM
Still waiting on the leather version myself, should be out soon hopefully!:cool: