PDA

View Full Version : Loomies. A272/A32

Mark_h
18-02-08, 12:39 PM
For those of you who remember the little chef on the traffic light junction of the A272 and A32 well it's reopened as a biker cafe :) Obviously the roads around there are rubbish ;) so I have no idea why there are so many bikes there on a sunny weekend.

They do a very nice bacon, cheese and marmite toasty. The old burger van is still in the lay-by on the other side of the lights if you are more of a traditionalist.

Obviously as soon as the sun comes out out friendly police force stop chasing murderes and instead start telling bikers how fast they are going and present you with a nice certificate and a few points as a momento so keep it down until you've found a more interesting road than the 272.

Alpinestarhero
18-02-08, 02:11 PM
Im there, when its a bit warmer. I like the A272, it has some nice bits for me to leeeaaannnn

Matt

Fizzy Fish
18-02-08, 03:13 PM
It's been open a while - we stumbled upon it by chance last year and stopped for some lunch. Not bad value actually and the staff were very friendly too.

Not sure about the name though - who came up with that one?!

clanger
14-06-08, 03:49 PM
The owner did tell me the origin of the name, it's errrrmm...because errrmmm... oh you'll have to go there and ask yourself! Anyway it's great, they don't mind a jolt if you take your cuppa outside to sit out on the grass...oh and there is a pool table there too - with sofa's!!!

I think they open late on a Wednesday - catch peeps on the way to and from Alton Station.

Grinch
14-06-08, 08:36 PM
Yep they do open late, also they have a pool table. They even tend to put the bike racing on for you to.

Larry
15-06-08, 12:55 AM
I'm up there most nice Sundays when I'm at uni, discovered it by accident on the way back from my dad's once. See some really interesting bikes there most weeks and the roads there are worth a visit on their own!

Saralou313
12-10-08, 10:24 PM
Was there today, lovely place, and a lovely ride down the A32 too. I've not long passed my test, always wanted to go there before, but I doubt my 125 would have made it! :)

RichT
13-10-08, 09:42 AM
I was there on Saturday. Stopped for a cup of tea whilst out on a bimble.

Eyeballed a 56 plate blue/silver pointy (same as mine except with lowers). I was just leaving so didn't get a chance to say #ello - was it you?

Saralou313
13-10-08, 02:33 PM
No, i ride this...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/boundy69/3d84_11.jpg

Needs a little tlc at the moment, been sat up for seven months waiting for me! Need the tappits doing.

I see the bike you're on about though, nice bike. I'm pretty new to all this, Saturday was my first ride out with other people really, had been up to Alton with my father-in-law the week I passed, but weren't many people about. Go up Portsdown Hill a fair bit too, you ever up there?

Saralou313
13-10-08, 04:45 PM
Meant Sunday, not Saturday

Wideboy
14-10-08, 04:25 PM
i've been there once but every other time i go past its shut :confused:

Grinch
14-10-08, 04:26 PM
Its shut on a Monday... was it then?
Late night opening on Wednesday to pick up the Alton Café crowd.

Wideboy
14-10-08, 05:46 PM
Late night opening on Wednesday to pick up the Alton Café crowd.

yeah thats when i went

Mark_h
15-10-08, 09:58 PM
Is there a mod available to strip all the noise from this thread and get back to
- it's a cafe,
- it's at the junction of some popular biking roads
- it does a mean, if slightly expensive, bacon, cheese and marmite butty?

RichT
16-10-08, 09:55 AM
I was off on Tuesday this week and went out for a ride. Stopped in for a cuppa....

It's a friendy place, good value and has good biking roads in all directions. Sounds like a winner to me. You don't have to talk "testicles" to anyone if you don't want to - its your choice.

Weather's supposed to be good this weekend. Anyone fancy meeting at the southern end of the A32 (by the r/about, Fareham side of the motorway bridge) and riding up to the cafe for a bacon butty? Say 12:30.....

RichT
16-10-08, 10:12 AM
Bump

Grinch
16-10-08, 10:14 AM
Sorry, I'll be busy... always seem to be at the moment.

Mark_h
16-10-08, 06:53 PM
You mean you want your OP up there and that alone?!?!? :confused:

Its not like that has been removed ...

Don't be daft. this is supposed to be a thread about eateries suitable for bikers. Not your blog or general sounding board. If you want to write trash pop over to idle banter and enjoy yourself but 3 pages of verbal diarrhoea do not help add content to a butty related link.

Believe it or not between the noise there are actually a few on-topic posts. I was just suggesting a bit of mod-pruning to remove the trash before this became another useless thread.

Grinch
20-11-08, 11:07 PM
This is still going on through the winter, though your unlikely to see me there at the moment while I'm still London based in the week.

oliverchitty
03-04-09, 12:10 AM
not only do the rozzers round there give you a certificate they also give you bonus points on your licence :takeabow:

chompy
03-04-09, 03:05 PM
excellent place for meets, lots of bikes, lovely staff who remember you when you return. some lovely bikes and biking roads around there

:smt031

captainsmelly
03-04-09, 05:15 PM
Might go there tomorrow afternoon I think

Jamiebridges123
03-04-09, 10:55 PM
For those of you who remember the little chef on the traffic light junction of the A272 and A32 well it's reopened as a biker cafe :) Obviously the roads around there are rubbish ;) so I have no idea why there are so many bikes there on a sunny weekend.

They do a very nice bacon, cheese and marmite toasty. The old burger van is still in the lay-by on the other side of the lights if you are more of a traditionalist.

Obviously as soon as the sun comes out out friendly police force stop chasing murderes and instead start telling bikers how fast they are going and present you with a nice certificate and a few points as a momento so keep it down until you've found a more interesting road than the 272.

I go there sometimes, I was there a while back when a Noble was being lifted onto a low-loader. Fancy sportscars eh.. :rolleyes:

There's a couple of nice roads around there.. as you're sat at the traffic lights with the petrol station on your LEFT, turn right.. there's a nice little bit down there. Almost every time I've been there the old bill have been there.. I wouldn't care but they don't mingle and they're not 'one of us', if you know what I mean. THey go purely to pick up on faults with peoples bikes.. it's a joke. :shrug:

Jim.AroadHero
12-06-09, 06:13 PM
There are some very goood roads by loomies, A272 both directions- Winchester and Petersfield. A32 again both directions, either up to Alton or down to Pompey and the like. I've been up there quite a few times and have only seen police once on the Winchester side of 272, so I wouldn't be put off by them. Any1 else seen the Desmo up there recently? Don't know if the guy's from moto rapido in winchester, but I wouldn't be surprised :)

bald git
13-06-09, 06:02 PM
Loomies, great place, friendly, interesting place to sit and watch the world go by.

Samurai Penguin
21-06-09, 06:14 PM
The vegetarian breakfast is good :)

Jamiebridges123
21-06-09, 06:15 PM
There are some very goood roads by loomies, A272 both directions- Winchester and Petersfield. A32 again both directions, either up to Alton or down to Pompey and the like. I've been up there quite a few times and have only seen police once on the Winchester side of 272, so I wouldn't be put off by them. Any1 else seen the Desmo up there recently? Don't know if the guy's from moto rapido in winchester, but I wouldn't be surprised :)

Yup seen the desmo last 3 sundays I've been!

Tallguy
24-06-09, 03:19 PM
Anyone going this evening (Weds 24th Jun)? I hope to be there 6ish for an hour or so on my silver K3. Come say hello!

RichT
24-06-09, 03:21 PM
Can't do tonight unfortunately.

Tallguy
24-06-09, 03:28 PM
Darnit!

Tallguy
24-06-09, 03:54 PM
Leaving work now for Loomies, hope to see an ORGer there!

Wideboy
24-06-09, 09:06 PM
im zipped past about an hour ago

Tallguy
24-06-09, 10:41 PM
Saw a black pointy S with lowers male rider, blue pointy S with lowers female rider, black curvy S another female rider at Loomies this evening between 6.15 and 7.15.

Anybody here?

Also, anybody get caught by the scamera on A272 towards Winchester, top of the hill after the looooong straight?! Lots of warnings and flashes from vans and cars, none from bikes ? :confused::confused::confused:

chompy
25-06-09, 04:54 PM
Saw a black pointy S with lowers male rider, blue pointy S with lowers female rider, black curvy S another female rider at Loomies this evening between 6.15 and 7.15.

Anybody here?

Also, anybody get caught by the scamera on A272 towards Winchester, top of the hill after the looooong straight?! Lots of warnings and flashes from vans and cars, none from bikes ? :confused::confused::confused:

let me know whan your heading there next and ill come up and meet you not that far from me really takes me about 20 mins

chompy

TazDaz
25-06-09, 06:16 PM

Fixed camera? If so...no I didn't see it...awaiting letter! :(

Wideboy
25-06-09, 08:44 PM
Fixed camera? If so...no I didn't see it...awaiting letter! :(

nah its a van daz, not seen it there for a while

Samurai Penguin
28-06-09, 09:18 AM
Glad I went home the other way. It is too easy to get up to
1.4911649311738⋅10-7 c on that stretch of road. :D

Wideboy
30-06-09, 06:37 PM
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1957839#post1957839

RichT
30-06-09, 06:48 PM
I'll go up there with you WP's. Will be at Loomies by 6 I expect.

Wideboy
30-06-09, 06:56 PM
ok mate, better make that 6:30 - 6:45 for me, will txt you tomorrow

RichT
30-06-09, 06:58 PM
Cool - Time for a cuppa and bacon sarny at Loomies then.

Wideboy
30-06-09, 07:10 PM
tut, you'll get fat........er you know

clanger
11-03-10, 09:15 PM
Let me know when you're going down enmass this spring...I'll come up and say hello...although you may have seen my bike already....it's the raspberry and purple single seater sv650.

Wideboy
12-03-10, 08:08 PM
last year we used to vacate to loomies on wed evening occasionally, then maybe shoot up to alton train station and back, im sure a thread will be put up :p

bald git
12-03-10, 09:21 PM
my better half,s working tomorrow, so i can go out to play. loomies for lunch about 1.30 bliss.

The Idle Biker
20-02-11, 04:06 PM
Heres a vote for Loomies, ended up there today, was a bit of a surprise I hadn't seen it before. Lots of very nice Bikes at the place, and the roads around there are always lively. Nice atmosphere and the food isn't bathed in fat either.

tonyk
21-02-11, 01:04 AM
I love going to loomies from basingstow via alton, great road.
And the staff remember you, which is great.
good food...well worth the stop.
i think being next to a petrol station is lucky, fill the bike and your self
lol.

picquant
03-12-11, 07:16 PM
Wednesday nights at Loomies are brill! I estimated about 250 bikes there one Weds in Oct. Reasonably priced tea, coffee etc and the legendary LoomieBurger for any who can manage one. (If not there are conveniently situated bins to be sick into dotted around the place.) And the ride out there is fab - especially from Winchester. Long and smooooth! Roll on summer (my favourite day of the year!)