PDA

View Full Version : Ar08 Important Notice

Viper
18-02-08, 04:44 PM
Dear All.
Many thanks for all your input regarding this years AR. I understand that there have been mixed feelings and a few handbags thrown and dummies spat. I for one have spat the dummy for which, please accept my apologies.
I wanted this event to bring together the Org but it seems to have done the exact opposite . During the organization process I had given my boss all the details of the forum so he could have a look at the way we deal with things and how progress was going. We have had a meeting this morning and I am sorry to say that after reading through the various posts etc he has withdrawn his offer of the "Full Fat" event.
We as a company had forgone some larger outside catering events in place of the AR08 but it just all seems to much of a risk for us and for the most important people YOU THE MEMBERS OF THE ORG.
I am sorry that the whole thing has degenerated into slanging matches, cross words and such.
I have informed the committee this morning and we are seeking advice from the moderators of the site as to which way to proceed.
We will let you know as soon as we can. Those who have sent a cheque this will be returned to you ASAP.
I have now parted company with the farm effective 29th Feb so I personally feel we should look for alternative camping arrangements.
I do not wish to change the ride out because it is a fantastic route and will be great fun.
Please bear with us and we will post up details of what is now going to happen as soon as we can.
Many thanks to everybody and please let's stop the debates, arguments and cross words. The org is a great community, lets all get back to the way it should be.
Viper

timwilky
18-02-08, 04:48 PM
Oh dear, I am so sorry to read the above.

Jester666
18-02-08, 04:54 PM
You've my full support Oh slithery one!

Stu
18-02-08, 04:54 PM
Extremely sorry to read I have now parted company with the farm effective 29th Feb
:cry:

Ping
18-02-08, 04:58 PM
"Whoomph there it is."

Sorry to hear this Viper. I hope you find your next step quickly. I'm also kinda devastated I've not yet tasted your hog roast and now it's looking unlikely I ever will. D'oh.

As for the AR, wherever we end up, I'll be there.

:)

sarah
18-02-08, 05:02 PM
:(

Drew Carey
18-02-08, 05:09 PM
Thank you to all the effort the organising committee have made so far, shame that it can't proceed as planned but wherever we end up I'm sure we will all have a blast.

neio79
18-02-08, 05:12 PM
gutted.

Mr Toad
18-02-08, 05:21 PM
Bugger :smt022

Thanks for all your efforts Viper

falc
18-02-08, 05:25 PM
Yer thats a blow but you've done a great job viper

caz650s
18-02-08, 05:37 PM
Thanks for all your hard work trying to get this together Rick ...

Whatever we end up doing I look forward to meeting up with you again !:drink:

Cheers for now and thanks again
Caz.

Devil Biccy
18-02-08, 05:52 PM
Thankyou Viper and the rest of the organising committee you have all done a stirling job, I am sorry to hear that the "Full Fat Option is no longer" I hope that you decide to continue with organising AR08.

Viper I hope that work gets sorted for you soon.

SoulKiss
18-02-08, 06:03 PM
Thankyou Viper and the rest of the organising committee you have all done a stirling job, I am sorry to hear that the "Full Fat Option is no longer" I hope that you decide to continue with organising AR08.

Viper I hope that work gets sorted for you soon.

Looks like you are back on BBQ duties Devil Biccy...................

fizzwheel
18-02-08, 06:13 PM
tis a massive shame, both for Rick and for us and the forum as a whole.

But give us some time to have a rethink about what we can or can't do and we'll go from there.

to be continued.... ;)

Devil Biccy
18-02-08, 06:16 PM
Looks like you are back on BBQ duties Devil Biccy...................

Quite possibly be me and the B-B-Q Posse from AR07 including the umbrella holders too.:shock:

dizzyblonde
18-02-08, 07:04 PM
Quite possibly be me and the B-B-Q Posse from AR07 including the umbrella holders too.:shock:

we don't need brolly dollys.......its not going to rain this year!!!!!!:wink:

So lets get this straight then, its down to me to mow down the meat fer the barbie and Mr Biccy to cook it....:)

Tis a shame for Mr Viper to announce this, but, everyone of you should be proud of what you tried doing for us all, and, wherever we end up, I will sure to be there

yorkie_chris
18-02-08, 07:15 PM
Yup the organisers need a pat on the back for the work that's gone in, a damn shame as I think the event as it was would have been great, no shopping and somewhere dry to hang around. What a PITA. I'm very dissapointed.

hovis
18-02-08, 08:03 PM
this disapoints me, big thanks for all the hard work by the AR team

Luckypants
18-02-08, 08:36 PM
Gutted for the organisers. Gutted for you Rick. Gutted for the .ORG

Richie
18-02-08, 09:01 PM
Viper, I look forward to seeing you in a different camp site then...
respect to you for trying your damnedest to get this a goer.
I'm sure where ever we end up it'll be a great weekend organized by you and the team...
I :salut: you sir.

Frank
18-02-08, 10:26 PM
thanks for all the hard work that has been done.I for one will go alone with your well made plans if any arise.

Law
18-02-08, 11:30 PM

Thanks for the hard work you put in for the AR.

Shame about the change of plans and you parting company with the farm.

Alpinestarhero
19-02-08, 08:25 AM
So it dosn't matter now that I'm not deciding to go :D

Anyway, despite my desicion to not go, I wholly respect and applaude the effort gone into trying to organise the event this year; I understand the desicion to make it a paid event (and thought it was a cracking idea myself, except for having to book early and the issues of refunding). Maybe for AR09, we can work something out with a dedicated campsite, which has all the facilities avaliable? This might cost alot though.

So whats gonna happen? If something else can be worked out quick, and resolves some of the issues, I might be back on bored to present myself for abuse over my topbox

Matt

Alpinestarhero
19-02-08, 08:26 AM
Something sounded very wrong in my post. Please do not take up my offer on the part that sounded very wrong.

Matt

Viper
19-02-08, 09:21 AM
I might be back on bored to present myself for abuse over my topbox

Matt

:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt037:smt037: smt037:smt037

Fizzy Fish
19-02-08, 09:41 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Rick - your efforts and sentiments have not gone unappreciated :thumbsup:

Ed
19-02-08, 09:53 AM
This is a huge disappointment. I'm sure that every cloud has a silver lining - somewhere.

Thank you Viper, Mogs and Fizz. I appreciate everything you have done.

DoubleD
19-02-08, 10:05 AM
bummer!

Baph
19-02-08, 10:42 AM
A sad turn of events. I don't think anyone (even the aforementionned "whingers") wanted the event cancelling.

Even more unfortunate is Vipers position. My sympathies mate.

Supervox
19-02-08, 11:00 AM
Viper - I'm sorry to hear about this.

I do hope that the AR wasn't a contributing factor in the situation ?

So let's see someone who can do it better step up to the plate.....

I'll have a trawl through the whinger's thread and come up with some names in a bit just in case they can't remember ;)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/lurker.gif

Your pathetic attempt at a dig at those members who only wanted clarification of a form & to voice their opinions adds absolutely nothing to this thread & is yet another example of the "if you don't agree with me then Shut Up" mentality that unfortunately rears its head on this forum from time to time.

Scoobs
19-02-08, 11:01 AM
bummer!

I'm sure Viper is upset about this enough without you calling him names.

PS. I'm still up for whatever happens.

Well done lads.

Viper
19-02-08, 11:58 AM
Keep this thread positive and up beat.:smt003
I dont want and slagging off of any body. We all have opinions and we are all entitled to voice them.:smt014.
Lets just play nice :D.

I am not a bummer.... just ask stretchie.... umm on second thoughts dont ;)

stewie
19-02-08, 12:44 PM
Oh no, and Ive just bought a bottle of scrumpy as well :D sorry to hear of your predicament Viper, Im sure a bloke of your calibre will have no trouble finding alternative employment, good luck mate, and to everyone else who was part of the organising team, well done for the effort.

northwind
19-02-08, 01:15 PM
All very constructive. Top stuff. It's great to have an opinion, but the irony of people who demand the right to have theirs while slagging other people for having their own will never get die.

Sorry as hell to hear about this Viper, I hope it all works out for you.

As far as the rideout goes, we've got 4 months. It's absolutely not the end of the road. If there's anything I can do to help the organising teams let me know (he said, from safely 500 miles away)

Speedy Claire
19-02-08, 02:20 PM
Am gutted. So sorry to hear bout your situation Viper and i truly hope you leaving the company was in no way due to whats gone on here.

Big thanks to everyone involved in the organisation, I for one was hugely impressed. I`m sure the venue would have been fantastic and it`s a shame it will no longer be used.

Viney
19-02-08, 03:10 PM
Oh dear. Well that settles a lot of the issues by Default.

Spiderman
19-02-08, 04:26 PM
Rick, I too am sorry to hear of all this and look forward to seeing you on whatever site we all end up on and buying you a drink for all the work you put in behind the scenes.

Heres to a better, newer and shinier AR08 now!!

El Saxo
19-02-08, 04:50 PM
Just caught up on all this.

Shame it didn't work out - thanks to all the organisers anyway, hopefully something will work itself out.

Wideboy
19-02-08, 05:48 PM
gid told the news, shame it had to go this way, i was looking forward to it :(

thanks to the AR team for the effort though:grouphug:

ninja bobw
19-02-08, 09:09 PM
Just caught up on all this.

Shame it didn't work out - thanks to all the organisers anyway, hopefully something will work itself out.

:stupid:

Alpinestarhero
19-02-08, 09:27 PM
:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt037:smt037: smt037:smt037

I said to ignore that!!!!

Least it raised a giggle!

Matt

kitkat
20-02-08, 03:21 PM
sorry to hear this Viper. Hope you find another job. all the best

phil24_7
20-02-08, 07:43 PM
I'm absolutely gutted about this as I was really looking forward to the no hassle event but wish to thank Rick and the team for all their hard work. You have my full support for your decision and for any future plans on this event.

Guess I wont see you magical spoon bending tricks again!!!

Hope all works out well for you job wise mate.

Gordon B
21-02-08, 09:55 PM
Sucks.

Lets hope something else gets sorted soon.

Can I ask for confirmation that my (and anyone elses ) cheques have been destroyed in an appropriate manner.

Thanks

Gordon

fizzwheel
21-02-08, 10:00 PM
Sucks.

Lets hope something else gets sorted soon.

Can I ask for confirmation that my (and anyone elses ) cheques have been destroyed in an appropriate manner.

Thanks

Gordon

Mogs is aware of whats happened and Rick has said he has spoken to Mogs about getting peoples cheques sent back. Best thing to do is to drop Mogs a PM I'm sure he'll be happy to confirm this for you.

pmapp
22-02-08, 10:48 AM
Oh bugger, was really (I mean REALLY) looking forward to this - it's even written on the calendar at home. *sulk*

I really do hope that your employment status isn't a result of the whole thing. Hope you get yourself sorted soon.

Phil

petevtwin650
22-02-08, 12:50 PM
But the event is still going on Phil.

Same dates, same area, different venue.:cool:

pmapp
22-02-08, 01:49 PM
Yep - was looking forward to the hog roast.

mmmmmmmmmm.............hog roast :-D

Viney
22-02-08, 02:50 PM
Yep - was looking forward to the hog roast.

mmmmmmmmmm.............hog roast :-DIm sure we can spitroast someone!!!!!

Viper
22-02-08, 02:51 PM
Im sure we can spitroast someone!!!!!
Are you offering yourself????

Jester666
22-02-08, 03:06 PM
Urrrgh!! And I was looking forward to going as well!! :lol:

phil24_7
22-02-08, 04:25 PM
Can we make sure it's near somewhere that does a fry up, I can't function in the morning without a proper fry up!

Viper
22-02-08, 05:02 PM
AR08 is now Launched. See Here

THE BOOKING THREAD (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=105170)

Quiff Wichard
08-04-08, 05:42 PM
crikey where have I been!!>?

only just seen this-

I catch up on the main home page now and again that john does and saw there was a difference in the campsite and i thought "odd"

so did some reading and see all of this..

Viper- I dont know if you leaving the farm was anything to do with all of the backbiting here- I hope not.. but good luck anyway I know you have a large famiy to support..

I was not working and unsure if I would be going so wasnt following the thread.

I am now working and as such unsure if am going.. but it makes it easier to just roll up. avec tent.

anyway-

good luck to all..

it may turn out for the better- it will be jsut as expensive no doubt but hey .. its FUN