PDA

View Full Version : WSBK - QATAR 23-02-08 * May Contain Spoilers*

Alpinestarhero
21-02-08, 08:52 AM
Dont forget girls and boys, the 2008 WSBK season kicks off with racing on SATURDAY as its on Qatar

Go Haga!

Matt

lukemillar
22-02-08, 02:27 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the superbike TV site? Seems to have all changed and I can't find any online pay-per-view content :(

Jdubya
22-02-08, 07:06 AM
SBK tv is still on the site though...

Sideshow#36
22-02-08, 09:47 AM
Just found out that superpole is on Eurosport 2 UK. (Sky channel 411.)
Anyway the superpole is on live at 1300 UK time. :D

fizzwheel
22-02-08, 06:01 PM
Just had a look at the sky planner. Super Pole is also repeated tonight on Eursport ( 410 ) at 20:10...

Alpinestarhero
23-02-08, 11:08 AM
World Superbikes is being streamed free (at elast for the time being) at www.worldsbk.com (http://www.worldsbk.com)

Click on the link that says something about TV, and it should open up a enw window where the coverage is streamed.

Matt

lukemillar
23-02-08, 01:11 PM
World Superbikes is being streamed free (at elast for the time being) at www.worldsbk.com (http://www.worldsbk.com)

Click on the link that says something about TV, and it should open up a enw window where the coverage is streamed.

Matt

I know, but I keep on getting screwed because of being in Australia :( So far I have been able to watch the last lap highlight of race 1 and that's it.

Also check out www.youtube.com/sbk for a whole backcatalog of stuff

tocrank
24-02-08, 06:58 PM
Hey lukemillar,
I don't know much about computers but there must be a way to get it through some friend from Europe (or someone from this forum) cause it's free, if the problem isn't in your set-up. I had to call some computer freak to set mine so I could watch it. That was after I spent two hours trying myself. Don't give up!

ThEGr33k
25-02-08, 08:56 AM
Was a VERY cool race! :D

tricky
25-02-08, 09:27 AM
Permission to say "****"
I've been looking forward to this since the last round, last year.
I love WSBK, more so than Moto GP, it is simply the best sporting event in the history of the world.........
And I completely forgot is was on !!!!!!

](*,) what a :toss:

:smt022:smt022:smt022

tocrank
25-02-08, 11:57 AM
Permission to say "****"
I've been looking forward to this since the last round, last year.
I love WSBK, more so than Moto GP, it is simply the best sporting event in the history of the world.........
And I completely forgot is was on !!!!!!

](*,) what a :toss:

:smt022:smt022:smt022

Jesus!

Alpinestarhero
25-02-08, 02:28 PM
TB was brilliant in race one; that look over his shoulder to biaggi on the last corner was class

Biaggi didnt look too pleased. I sense a battle for all of the season!

And hats off to Nieto - has he found what he needs to challenge for the title? Corser didnt live up to his superpole speed, although I think that it may be because the yamaha is not best suited to Qatar in terms of tyre preservation - a similar thing happened last year.

Here's hoping that haga can regain his composure for the next round

which is THIS COMING WEEKEND FROM PHILIP ISLAND

Cue the Battle of Troy(s) part 1034

Matt

gemma1675
25-02-08, 03:29 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the days racing, how nice to have it back!

One discussion we had whilst watching was regarding the safety of Haga's helmet after he landed so heavily on his head during his race 1 crash. He got back on the bike and finished the race. But we are always told (by helmet manufacturers) that once a helmet has had an impact it is no longer safe to wear ...... so with the prevalence of health and safety these days, I was half expecting Haga to be black flagged or made to call into the pits for a new lid!

El Saxo
25-02-08, 05:03 PM
What happened to Haga in the 2nd race though? Bad tyre choice perhaps? <shrug> I hope it's not the shape of the season to come for him cos he's by far my favourite rider in WSB and, more importantly, he's in my MCN fantasy league team! :lol:

tricky
25-02-08, 08:41 PM
Thank **** that Eurosport repeat everything 20 times !
Just enjoying the supersport now.

:D

rob13
25-02-08, 11:15 PM
Kiyonari had a particularly miserable weekend. Must be struggling with the new bike.

Might have to change my dream team for the early part of the season

ThEGr33k
25-02-08, 11:19 PM
OUCH! You missed a corker *Gr33k rubs it in a bit more"... :p

Xous For the win I hope.

lukemillar
25-02-08, 11:29 PM
Hey lukemillar,
I don't know much about computers but there must be a way to get it through some friend from Europe (or someone from this forum) cause it's free, if the problem isn't in your set-up. I had to call some computer freak to set mine so I could watch it. That was after I spent two hours trying myself. Don't give up!

Can you help me out with this? I will be eternally grateful!

I have tried anonymous web surfing/cloaking etc. Tried using proxy servers. Nothing seems to work. It's really frustrating as it's supposed to be a 'world' series. I don't have this hassle with the motogp site :(

The Basket
26-02-08, 07:36 AM
Max Biaggi looked amazing in those races...smooth and always in control.

Xaus is just a moment away from a big off.

Nieto was very good and his Suzuki looked well fast. he could be the surprise of the season.

tocrank
26-02-08, 09:29 AM
lukemillar: I sent a PM.

Flamin_Squirrel
26-02-08, 07:01 PM
Max Biaggi looked amazing in those races...smooth and always in control.

Nieto was very good and his Suzuki looked well fast. he could be the surprise of the season.

I was rooting for Max Neucerchner, or however you spell his name. Pitty his tyres seemed to go off.

tricky
26-02-08, 09:05 PM

Xaus is a big off looking for a place to happen.
Great to watch though.

The Basket
28-02-08, 09:45 AM
Xaus is a big off looking for a place to happen.
Great to watch though.

Yep...that is why he ain't going to be world champ.

The Champ to the Max!!!

Biker Biggles
28-02-08, 10:27 AM
Xaus could be world champ.He just needs to refine his style a bit.We all said exactly the same about Stoner a couple of years ago and look what happened------:p

Alpinestarhero
28-02-08, 11:26 AM
Xaus will be less happy to crash this season; he made it through both races last weekend!

He;s definatly the dark horse, I'd put a fiver on him baggin the No.1 plate

Matt

The Basket
28-02-08, 04:23 PM
Max for champ...give him the No 1 now to stop wasting our time.

Xaus will not be champ...his riding style is just crazed and he is bound to fall off. he just is.

Not saying he no good but I just can't see him finishing every race.

tocrank
28-02-08, 05:18 PM
Max for champ...give him the No 1 now to stop wasting our time.

Xaus will not be champ...his riding style is just crazed and he is bound to fall off. he just is.

Not saying he no good but I just can't see him finishing every race.

Max who? Neukirchner?

sinbad
01-03-08, 01:20 PM
Some good moments, not a great circuit though. Shame to see Lavilla and Kiyo nowhere near the front too.

Also big ouch for the Hannspree bikes in Supersport.

The Basket
02-03-08, 09:54 AM
Biaggi had a huge off in the second race.
God...that gonna hurt in the morning.
What a nightmare weekend for the Future WSB champ.

Good to see Carlos Checa show his class.