PDA

View Full Version : The (Un) Official Sat Night BBQ Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Gordon B
25-02-08, 10:16 AM
Hi all,

Anyone at last years AR will (hopefully) testify that despite slightly adverse weather conditions, and with the help of the brolly dollys, AND Viney and BBC would got the supplies in, myself and Saeed managed to cook up a storm.

Well I am volunteering my services again this year, only going to be slightly more organised!

I have managed to secure a decent size grill and want to offer the following...

So you don't have to worry about feeding yourselves on Saturday night I will cook for the group. For the princely sum of 5 of your english pounds you will get all the burgers, sausages etc you can eat.

I promise, no sending people out on midnight raiding runs to find more baps this year, there will be plenty to go round!

Don't worry Bear, we will try and accomodate any vegetarians as much as possible as well.

So, firstly I need to know if this is something you would be interested in. Please vote accordingly and if its something that the group would like I'll make the arrangements.

Anyone wondering about my credentials should hop over to Throttle Monkeys site. I cooked for their fest last year and they want me back again this year....

Oh, and any monies left over will go behind the bar so no profit making either.

Think that about covers it. If you have any questions fire away!

Devil Biccy has kind of agreed (in principle ie he doesnt know it yet!) to help cook so that side is covered!

Thanks

Gordon

Jester666
25-02-08, 10:18 AM
Don't worry about Bear!! He's now a confirmed meat eater!!

cuffy
25-02-08, 10:24 AM
I'm in for some of that, depending on the amount of mad apple i've drunk i might even offer to be a brolly dolly, no hot pants n crop top though [-X

dizzyblonde
25-02-08, 10:46 AM
So whos for a bit of venison....lol

Viper
25-02-08, 11:44 AM
Im in... FEEEED ME !!!!!!:smt026

neio79
25-02-08, 12:06 PM
I am in for sure.

Alpinestarhero
25-02-08, 01:04 PM
If i come, this is what I want. Although I have a thing about food being cooked well, so dont be offended if I come back and say "do mine a bit longer"

Still to decide on going to the AR, but its 80% likley

Matt

Ping
25-02-08, 04:23 PM
Ah... Hot meat that I've not had to prepare myself... Can never say no to that.

:smt047

I'm in.

:D

Lissa
25-02-08, 06:05 PM
Can my vote count for both Pete and myself, or does he need to vote too?:D

Frank
25-02-08, 06:36 PM
Im in,

GMS
25-02-08, 06:39 PM
Count me in for that Gordon :thumleft:
Graham

Balky001
25-02-08, 08:56 PM
more baps this year, there will be plenty to go round!

:smt040

BILLY
25-02-08, 09:44 PM
We're in:cool: How are you going to get the bbq there is your missus coming in the car??

Gordon B
25-02-08, 11:01 PM
We're in:cool: How are you going to get the bbq there is your missus coming in the car??

Being sourced from one of the organisers. Do need to talk to you about taking some kit though if possible. Could be lethal with my bbq tongs and knives strapped to the back of the sv..:-dd

diamond
26-02-08, 08:11 AM
I'm taking my big BBQ, so any one that wants to cook there own can use that if they want it will be up and running. If you need any thing else just shout cos Fizz and I only live 10 mins down the road.

ooger
26-02-08, 09:08 AM
Yes chef!

Gordon B
26-02-08, 09:12 AM
I'm taking my big BBQ, so any one that wants to cook there own can use that if they want it will be up and running. If you need any thing else just shout cos Fizz and I only live 10 mins down the road.

I think Fizz is bringing a grill as well as that's the one I will be using.

diamond
26-02-08, 09:44 AM
Will you, i think you'll find that it's my grill and he hasn't mentioned it to me yet.

diamond
26-02-08, 09:54 AM
Not that it's a problem but i will be using it as well.

Gordon B
26-02-08, 10:14 AM
Not that it's a problem but i will be using it as well.

Ah gotcha. I spoke to Viper and he said Fizz was organising a grill, just guessed it was his own.

Viper
26-02-08, 10:14 AM
Fizz did say we would be able to use it, but fear not i have a big BBQ i can bring as well so we will have enough cooking space for all of us :smt038

SoulKiss
26-02-08, 10:30 AM
Fizz did say we would be able to use it, but fear not i have a big BBQ i can bring as well so we will have enough cooking space for all of us :smt038

Big enough to roast a Hog ?????? :P

Viper
26-02-08, 10:38 AM
Slight misunderstanding on my part with Fizz about the bbq.
But one wil be available on the day.

diamond
26-02-08, 10:40 AM
Mine is available for communal use, i just didn't realise he had offered it for a big organised thing, wait till he gets home.:D I'll sort out all the charcoal and stuff if you like, make sure we have plenty for all and make sure we have all the tools and tongs.

Viper
26-02-08, 10:44 AM
Mine is available for communal use, i just didn't realise he had offered it for a big organised thing, wait till he gets home.:D I'll sort out all the charcoal and stuff if you like, make sure we have plenty for all and make sure we have all the tools and tongs.

He hadn't. I did :rolleyes: :toss:

Gordon B
26-02-08, 10:46 AM

Sounds like a plan on the charcoal front. Means we can buy more food from everyones ?5. Gonna bring my own tools for the (un) organised bbq. You know how it is, like to use your own kit and all that.

Partly my fault too but no matter. Viper, if you can sort us a grill for people who want to pay and not cook then I'm happy to cook for them.

diamond
26-02-08, 10:51 AM
You can use mine no problem at all, i'll just need a corner for mine and fat boy fizz's burgers.

Gordon B
26-02-08, 10:54 AM
You can use mine no problem at all, i'll just need a corner for mine and fat boy fizz's burgers.

OK cool. If we have 2 then thats better than none!

Don't worry I am fully trained, and won't pour petrol or anything on it! And I'll make sure it gets cleaned afterwards.:D

diamond
26-02-08, 11:00 AM
Don't worry about the cleaning Fizz is a domestic goddess, he's well used to a bit of cleaning.

Viper
26-02-08, 11:02 AM
OK cool. If we have 2 then thats better than none!

Don't worry I am fully trained, and won't pour petrol or anything on it! And I'll make sure it gets cleaned afterwards.:D
Sounds like a plan.

Jamaxx.
We will provide the BBQ's and Charcoal and will leave the rest to you.
We can point you in the direction of the local supermarkets etc so you can get all the supplies.
Good Luck and may the Flames be with you ;)

Viper
26-02-08, 11:04 AM
Don't worry about the cleaning Fizz is a domestic goddess, he's well used to a bit of cleaning.
Like your Duke. You ride it he cleans it :D

rictus01
26-02-08, 11:13 AM
As a matter of interest last year we reserved that big one from the site, anyone asked if they have one ?

Oh and On my part, as attendance, to early to say, but if I attend then I'd be more than happy to shell out for a saturday night BBQ.

Cheers Mark.

Viper
26-02-08, 11:16 AM
As a matter of interest last year we reserved that big one from the site, anyone asked if they have one ?

Cheers Mark.

I did ask, they have little one that they use personally, but it will be too small. I have quite a large one ;):smt045:rolleyes: and i will be bringing that so no probs.

rictus01
26-02-08, 11:18 AM
Cool, just a though was all, did you get the PM Rick ?

Cheers Mark.

SoulKiss
26-02-08, 11:19 AM

You saying hes a bit of a scrubber?

Viper
26-02-08, 11:19 AM
Cool, just a though was all, did you get the PM Rick ?

Cheers Mark.
I have cheers.
been a bit busy here as its my last week and fizz is away. We will be working on some stuff next week.
Thanks again Mark.
Its appreciated :D

Tara
26-02-08, 11:31 AM
Sounds like a plan.

Jamaxx.
We will provide the BBQ's and Charcoal and will leave the rest to you.
We can point you in the direction of the local supermarkets etc so you can get all the supplies.
Good Luck and may the Flames be with you ;)

i'll prob be in the car so i can help with getting stuff too if needs be

Viper
26-02-08, 01:28 PM
i'll prob be in the car so i can help with getting stuff too if needs be

Cheers T.
Pm Jamaxx and have a chat with him, Thanks for your offer :D

Bear
26-02-08, 03:40 PM
Yes, I'll be in, and I'm now a confirmed carcass-chewer, so no worries on the awkward bugger vegematarian front!

BILLY
26-02-08, 09:38 PM
Being sourced from one of the organisers. Do need to talk to you about taking some kit though if possible. Could be lethal with my bbq tongs and knives strapped to the back of the sv..:-dd

No probs I'm taking Grahams kit so we could meet up at yours en route!

kitkat
29-02-08, 06:14 PM
if i make it to the AR id like to join in the BBQ feeding frenzy

Devil Biccy
01-03-08, 10:56 AM
Hi all,

Devil Biccy has kind of agreed (in principle ie he doesnt know it yet!) to help cook so that side is covered!

eeerrrrrrr I'm In for the cooking:thumleft:

Gordon B
01-03-08, 11:51 AM
eeerrrrrrr I'm In for the cooking:thumleft:

Well 'volunteered' that man. :thumbsup:

Spiderman
01-03-08, 12:20 PM
I'll happily lend a hand with the cooking and i also am happy to bring my BBQ along if Mr Big Ape is happy to carry it in his van for me. I'll PM him and see what he says.
This is what my barbie looks like. http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/skins/popups/scene7.jsp?skuId=9701867 so ther is planty of room on it.

Sorry, not kept up wth this thread but if this is a good idea then let me know and i'll ask the Ape to squeeze it in. The legs come off etc so its actualy quite small in transit...erm about the size of half an oil barrel actually.

Gordon B
02-03-08, 09:55 AM
I'll happily lend a hand with the cooking and i also am happy to bring my BBQ along if Mr Big Ape is happy to carry it in his van for me. I'll PM him and see what he says.
This is what my barbie looks like. http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/skins/popups/scene7.jsp?skuId=9701867 so ther is planty of room on it.

Sorry, not kept up wth this thread but if this is a good idea then let me know and i'll ask the Ape to squeeze it in. The legs come off etc so its actualy quite small in transit...erm about the size of half an oil barrel actually.

Thanks for the offer Spidey, but I think we should have enough with the 2 grills being provided. No need for you to drag yours all the way from the smoke. Use the room for extra beer or something.

Cheers

Gordon

Spiderman
02-03-08, 07:52 PM
cool as long as we got it covered :D

Lissa
05-03-08, 06:54 AM
I presume you'll need payment up front for this to allow you to get the goodies?

Just let me know when and where to send the money and I'll get it to you.:D

pmapp
05-03-08, 02:22 PM
I presume you'll need payment up front for this to allow you to get the goodies?

+1

Gordon B
05-03-08, 02:51 PM

I'll be coming round on the Friday night so no need to send before hand.

Thanks

Gordon

Lissa
05-03-08, 06:31 PM
I'll be coming round on the Friday night so no need to send before hand.

Thanks

Gordon

Ah, we're not coming down until the saturday morning, so I'll have to send you ours.

Drew Carey
05-03-08, 06:42 PM
oooooooh.....bbq......yum yum......will be there friday to hand over the cash.

Gordon B
05-03-08, 06:59 PM
Ah, we're not coming down until the saturday morning, so I'll have to send you ours.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure I can sprout you a fiver until Saturday.:D

Gordon

monkey
06-03-08, 03:17 AM
Don't worry about Bear!! He's now a confirmed meat eater!!

I was going to say! Good man. He'd have to eat vegetables all day to suport that manly frame.

I'm right up for a barbeque! Lovely.
:smt118

Is there going to be an official BBQ thread for numbers etc?

Lissa
06-03-08, 09:05 PM
Don't worry about it. I'm sure I can sprout you a fiver until Saturday.:D

Gordon

Ah, but there's two of us.............that's a tenner!:D

Gordon B
17-03-08, 07:44 PM
Anyone else who wants food Saturday night please vote to give me an idea of numbers.

Thanks

Gordon

rictus01
17-03-08, 08:35 PM
voted, but I must admit it's more hopefull at this stage than a sure bet.

Cheers Mark.

Warthog
27-03-08, 08:50 PM
Coun't me in, so long as I get to play with the fire :D

TEL
28-03-08, 06:52 PM
:smt041 Count me in x2 (Mrs Tel)

Gordon B
14-04-08, 11:25 PM
Bumping this again.

Tara
16-04-08, 06:26 AM
Count Falc and I in too

if you need a hand with anything shout i'll have the car with me

Gordon B
16-04-08, 05:26 PM
Thanks Tara, I'm pretty sure I got it covered but I'll keep you in mind....

ALL - if you have replied in this thread but not voted please vote so I can get a more accurate idea of numbers

Gordon B
06-05-08, 01:15 PM
OK, I am going to cater for about 50 to allow for stragglers.

My plan is to do the shopping online before I leave home and have it delivered to the site on the day. This means I will be shelling the money myself first.

A bit of a risk I know but I won't have time for shopping and the ride out on Saturday.

Besides anyone who doesn't pay can expect a visit during the evening from a close personal friend of mine...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:w6mIimR20Pn-rM:http://simpsonspedia.net/images/thumb/a/aa/William_Williams.png/500px-William_Williams.png

If you have any special dietary requirements, nows the time to shout. I'm planning a basic bbq menu, from experience people don't want loads of fiddly stuff they just want simple grub and lots of it and thats what I intend to deliver.

I can do some veggie stuff if enough people request it, but it will be things like quorn burgers and they will all be cooked using the same utensils and on the same grill as the meat.

Thanks

Gordon

pmapp
06-05-08, 05:02 PM
Burgers, burgers, and burgers please. Possible a bit of cheese on the side.

That's me sorted :-)

fizzwheel
06-05-08, 06:42 PM
Umh... delivery to the campsite could be tricky if theres nobody there to receive it.

Mate, theres a 24hr Tescos literally 10 minutes from the campsite why not go and get it from there when we get back or alternatively ask somebody with a car who isnt going on the rideout to get it for you during the day ??

Just an idea...

Gordon B
06-05-08, 08:00 PM
Umh... delivery to the campsite could be tricky if theres nobody there to receive it.

Mate, theres a 24hr Tescos literally 10 minutes from the campsite why not go and get it from there when we get back or alternatively ask somebody with a car who isnt going on the rideout to get it for you during the day ??

Just an idea...

Thats works. Didnt realise there was one that close. OK I'll get as much moola collected on Friday night and I can get either Billy, or Tara as she offered, to drive me up when we get back from the ride out.

Only problem is if its a nice weekend they will be cleaned out. Hmm, perhaps I'll drag someone up there early Saturday instead.

Any volunteers for an early run Sat am?:chef:

Thanks for the info btw mate.

fizzwheel
06-05-08, 08:05 PM
If Tesco are out of stock, then theres also a Morrisons 2 minutes from Tesco's or theres an Asda about 5 minutes away from Tesco's so if Tescos are out you can nip to one of the others to get what you need.

I cant imagine you're going to be the only one with shopping requirements I expect somebody will want to do a beer run as well.

Just come and find me on friday / Sat morning and I'll give you directions its easy to find. its one of the reasons we picked that campsite as the shops are not far away...

Tara
07-05-08, 05:55 AM
i'll be about if you want to get it delivered or i can always run you over to the supermarket whichever is easiest

Gordon B
08-05-08, 08:46 AM
i'll be about if you want to get it delivered or i can always run you over to the supermarket whichever is easiest

Hi Tara,

Appreciate the offer. I think a dawn raid would be best so I hope you are an early riser!

Tara
08-05-08, 09:32 AM
Hi Tara,

Appreciate the offer. I think a dawn raid would be best so I hope you are an early riser!

Falc works shifts and is up for work at 5am early enough for you?

Gordon B
08-05-08, 09:46 AM
Falc works shifts and is up for work at 5am early enough for you?

Maybe a tad ambitious....lets say about 8. I'll buy the teas...:thumbsup:

Tara
08-05-08, 02:54 PM
Maybe a tad ambitious....lets say about 8. I'll buy the teas...:thumbsup:

sounds good to me

Ed
10-05-08, 08:54 PM
Please add one more. My godson Fran (15) is coming.

Lissa
13-05-08, 05:48 AM
As Pete and I won't be arriving until the Saturday morning, if you pm me your address I'll send you our money in the post:thumbsup:

Gordon B
13-05-08, 09:40 AM
As Pete and I won't be arriving until the Saturday morning, if you pm me your address I'll send you our money in the post:thumbsup:

pm sent.

Anyone else wishing to pay beforehand let me know!

I will start a list of paids on this post of this thread, so please ensure you put your username in with any payment.

Thanks

Gordon

PAID

ED +1
JAMAXX
LISSA +1

chris8886
13-05-08, 04:09 PM
just voted. only just spotted the thread :rolleyes:

Coun't me in, so long as I get to play with the fire :D

plus 1. playing with fire gooooood:smt074

pencil shavings
15-05-08, 10:29 AM
sounds good to me too!! :)

Gordon B
30-05-08, 12:58 PM
Payment received today from Lissa.

Thanks

Gordon

ChrisCaveman
30-05-08, 02:42 PM
Sounds good, I'm in!
Beats the cr4ppy hexi stove I was going to bring & noodles :D

Lissa
30-05-08, 04:12 PM
Payment received today from Lissa.

Thanks

Gordon

Glad it's arrived safely.

We both really appreciate you going to all this effort:chef:

Gordon B
14-06-08, 11:42 AM
mac608 paid now also.

Can't edit my paid thread anymore for some reason?

rictus01
14-06-08, 12:10 PM
mac608 paid now also.

Can't edit my paid thread anymore for some reason?

Hi Gordon, haven't looked at this thread in a while, thought you wanted the cash when we got there (friday night), or am I wrong :smt102

Cheers Mark.

MR UKI (1)
14-06-08, 09:54 PM
Hi Gordon, haven't looked at this thread in a while, thought you wanted the cash when we got there (friday night), or am I wrong :smt102

Cheers Mark.

Think it' still Friday night for money Mark (post from Gordon yesterdayy see thread below). Pete & Lissa paid in advance cos they won't be there until Sat morning and a couple of others followed suit.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=111997

rictus01
14-06-08, 10:25 PM
Cool thanks, didn't really want to go through all the thread to find out.

Cheers Mark.

MR UKI (1)
14-06-08, 10:42 PM
Cool thanks, didn't really want to go through all the thread to find out.

Cheers Mark.

No problem matey.

Gordon B
15-06-08, 01:31 PM
Hi mate,

Yeah, Friday night is fine.

Cheers

Gordon

kitkat
17-06-08, 04:42 PM
ill be there with the car so can do any supermarket trips on saturday while everyone is out having fun on the bike. Tara Im sure will offer me some assistance too.

fizzwheel
17-06-08, 05:08 PM
ill be there with the car so can do any supermarket trips on saturday while everyone is out having fun on the bike. Tara Im sure will offer me some assistance too.

Tara also knows where the supermarkets are in Yeovil as her and Falc came to stay with me a liz a while ago. Mind you will she get lost between the campsite and Yeovil, I mean its only 4 miles away ;):D

BBC also knows where Morrisons is.

I'll run off a few multimaps that we can give out with all the useful places in Yeovil itself and I'll make sure that I have a few to hand for those that need them.

Gordon B
17-06-08, 06:02 PM

Thanks for the offer. As it stands me and Tara were off about 8am on Saturday for all the supplies.

But with the ride now due to start at 10 it will probably be easier if you could go during the day so I'm not rushing around in the morning.

Hope you won't be offended if I write you a list as I kind of know in my head what I need but won't know quantities until everyone ante's up on the Friday night.

G

kitkat
18-06-08, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the offer. As it stands me and Tara were off about 8am on Saturday for all the supplies.

But with the ride now due to start at 10 it will probably be easier if you could go during the day so I'm not rushing around in the morning.

Hope you won't be offended if I write you a list as I kind of know in my head what I need but won't know quantities until everyone ante's up on the Friday night.

G

no problem mate. tara and me can go to shops once the ride has gone, it will pass the time for us too. draw up a list and hopefully cash up front or it will be one burger between 10 lol.

Gordon B
18-06-08, 06:11 PM
no problem mate. tara and me can go to shops once the ride has gone, it will pass the time for us too. draw up a list and hopefully cash up front or it will be one burger between 10 lol.

Cool.

Don't worry, everyone will have to ante before being allowed to ride off into the sun on Saturday am.

Tara
19-06-08, 05:21 AM
Tara also knows where the supermarkets are in Yeovil as her and Falc came to stay with me a liz a while ago. Mind you will she get lost between the campsite and Yeovil, I mean its only 4 miles away ;):D

BBC also knows where Morrisons is.

I'll run off a few multimaps that we can give out with all the useful places in Yeovil itself and I'll make sure that I have a few to hand for those that need them.
your very right Fizz but i have my secret weapon tom tom although last week i managed to drain the battery and had to negotiate my way from ben nevis to scafell in the dark (which i managed i realised i can map read)

anyway
yes me and KK can go shopping saturday morning all sorted :D can't wait now really excited about seeing everyone again meeting some new people

Gordon B
19-06-08, 09:16 AM
and had to negotiate my way from ben nevis to scafell in the dark

Perhaps if you had turned your headlights on it would have been a bit easier...

ahem.

TAXI!!

Cazza
21-06-08, 07:51 AM
Great idea - thanks for going to the effort of organising it.

I am very happy to offer my brolly-holding services again this year; although I'm reeeeally hoping that they won't be needed.

21-06-08, 04:44 PM
can you add kitten and I to the BBq list please gordon as the poll is closed...

Thank you..

Gordon B
22-06-08, 01:51 PM
can you add kitten and I to the BBq list please gordon as the poll is closed...

Thank you..

No problemo, just come and find me Friday night and I'll add you to the list and get some cash too.

mrsgid
22-06-08, 06:03 PM
Im in,
knew you would be there love your belly will explode if not careful love you

mrsgid
22-06-08, 06:04 PM
No problemo, just come and find me Friday night and I'll add you to the list and get some cash too.
can you add me and gids kids as he forgot to mention us as well

Alpinestarhero
24-06-08, 11:35 AM
Will ther be enough food for me and maria?

Gordon B
24-06-08, 01:29 PM
Will ther be enough food for me and maria?

As previously stated, anyone not on the list can come and find me on the Friday night and get added.

No food is being bought until Saturday so we will have plenty for everyone who wants it.

Tara
24-06-08, 01:47 PM
As previously stated, anyone not on the list can come and find me on the Friday night and get added.

No food is being bought until Saturday so we will have plenty for everyone who wants it.

you will prob get ours saturday morning when we go for the food unless falc has money on him (unlikely) as i prob won't get there til later on friday evening