PDA

View Full Version : Mr Suzuki's UK website new 2008 Colours are up

Wayluya
28-02-08, 08:19 PM
Was looking at Mr Suzuki's UK website (killing time till delivery day!) and see that the new 2008 Colours are now up.

This is the black one :smt031.

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/uploads/sv650_sport_bk_red.jpg

Still not sure about that red seat though.........

And this is the Dark grey one.............:smt031

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/uploads/sv650_sport_grey.jpg

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bike/sv650sport/k6/

I looked at the website before I bought, the only thing that makes their Website look good is in comparison to the p#ss poor 2008 brochure (for the range).

Honda have better online stuff for their mopeds! (yeah, I nearly bought one :safe:)

Lozzo
28-02-08, 08:28 PM
Black one needs black wheels and silver decals, and junk the awful seat colour.

FG1
28-02-08, 08:31 PM
That dark grey is 'kin luverleeeee

chazzyb
28-02-08, 08:32 PM

Each to their own - I like it. But I am renowned for my odd tastes. ;-)

admin
28-02-08, 09:03 PM
Yep the red seat is awful

ThEGr33k
28-02-08, 09:08 PM
When are they going to put the USD forks nice swinger and radial brakes on as standard... as well as an even bigger exhaust?

Stu
28-02-08, 09:42 PM
Where's the white one? :???:
And I can't find the 2008 bikes at all? edit - just need to fix your link to K8

I'm_a_Newbie
28-02-08, 09:50 PM
Sunlight will kill that Red seat in no time if its parked outside regularly.

Tim

Grinch
28-02-08, 11:01 PM
When are they going to put the USD forks nice swinger and radial brakes on as standard... as well as an even bigger exhaust?

I think I'd rather have the cheap RWU then even cheaper and nasty USD's, only takes about 80 quid to make them half decent. And I don't think you will get Radial brakes on a bike this cheap... If you want it your better off modding it yourself as you will save cash and get better components.

rob13
28-02-08, 11:12 PM
Havent had a decent set of colours since 2003 ;)

Black one looks good but would definitely change that seat straight away (for a black gel one)

ThEGr33k
28-02-08, 11:52 PM
I think I'd rather have the cheap RWU then even cheaper and nasty USD's, only takes about 80 quid to make them half decent. And I don't think you will get Radial brakes on a bike this cheap... If you want it your better off modding it yourself as you will save cash and get better components.

Got another bike instead. :cool:

Stu
29-02-08, 10:29 AM
You all have no style - that red seat is 8)

plowsie
29-02-08, 10:34 AM
That grey is sweet duuuuude!

Ceri JC
29-02-08, 10:40 AM
+1 for the dark gray. I like aesthetics of slate coloured bikes almost as much as black, plus I think it makes the bike look (physically) very light.

T0mm0
29-02-08, 01:05 PM
Both would look so much better if they had silver frame and wheels.
I hope they re-introduce it in 2009.

TOY40
29-02-08, 01:13 PM

So has the black one grey wheels and the grey one black wheels.Think thats the wrong way round for starters.So is the blue and white one's not coming to the UK.Where are they for the U.S? Other than the seat and wheels is that it!:confused:

hovis
29-02-08, 01:21 PM
both look good............. for pointys

Wayluya
29-02-08, 06:40 PM
That red seat doesn't get better :rendeer:Where's photoshop?!!

Still, "things" sometimes look a lot better in the flesh than on the page (or internet:smt110).........so I will hold off final judgement until delivery. But a new seat is easy enough to sort.

I luv black bikes :cool: and the dark grey wheels look good to me (kinda like me old EXUP).

Their is a (silver) 2007 (?) fully faired SV 650 that parks near me, was having another close looksee recently and love how narrow it is - without being 125cc sized. Grrrrrrreat for filtering / lane splitting :cool:

Upside down forks? Suspension Mods? Not for me, if I wanted "Better" bits like this I would have bought a bike with better OE stuff.

I am hoping that 70hp / 120mph will keep me busy enuf - I am kinda taking on faith (& 2nd hand reports) that the SV650 is a well enuf balanced package straight from the crate to be able to go as fast as I am comfortable with - without always feeling (being tempted?!) the need to travel at Mach 2 ("I'm a Plane, I'm a Train..........I'm a Rocket to the Moon" :cool:)....................from past experiances the limiting factor on bikes used on the road is often "How much of a tw#t one wants to be" rather than the bike's inherent limitations - want to go quicker? use the throttle more and take more risks :D

kwak zzr
29-02-08, 06:50 PM
i saw the red seat model in streetbike and yes it does look horrid.

talasker
29-02-08, 06:59 PM
i have the black with red seat i think it looks great but each to their own :)

hovis
29-02-08, 07:03 PM
That red seat doesn't get better :rendeer:Where's photoshop?!!

:D

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k295/hovi5/blacklklk.jpg

HTH

kwak zzr
29-02-08, 07:26 PM
i have the black with red seat i think it looks great but each to their own :)

its looks great really :pale:

Wayluya
29-02-08, 07:40 PM
HTH

I thought I was being a bit unsubtle :)

Cheers :cool:

Girth
29-02-08, 07:59 PM
Oooh black fork legs on the grey! bout bloody time!

Dangerous Dave
29-02-08, 09:45 PM
Thats something thats always baffled me, they updated the SV by painting the frame and swingarm black but the forks have remained silver!!! I know that whatever colour they use is going to be crap in a winters time but it has always baffled me. They have had the money to paint surplus frames and swingarms black why not the forks??? The Vstorm 650 has the same fork lowers but they are black!!!

admin
29-02-08, 11:21 PM
Both would look so much better if they had silver frame and wheels.
I hope they re-introduce it in 2009.

Amen to that. The frame is a major feature of the bike. Slapping black paint all over it is a major styling cockup. I don't think the japanese really understand styling, although they get it right occasionally. In fact I bet it's the marketing men that screw it up by dictating that changes have to be made every year regardless and the styling guys just look around and say 'oh the R1 has a black frame, lets copy that' regardless of whether it suits their bike or not.

my 2p

Blue Flame
01-03-08, 12:22 AM
Apologies if mentioned already. Did you spot the SV1000 Classic that is being released (149 bikes only)

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bikes/detail.php?ref=sv1000classic&y=k7

yorkie_chris
01-03-08, 03:29 AM

+1

Keep the bike cheap and give beginners something half decent, then people can modify it to their tastes and learn a little about what actually affects ahndling and such

thebluelion
01-03-08, 09:45 AM
What! Shame, no candy blue

wheelnut
01-03-08, 09:52 AM
I like the red seat. It reminds me of an Austin Cambridge or MG Magnette.

I do agree with the paint thing though although I prefer Black, why has my SV got black wheels and swingarm but uses silver forks and footpegs?

Wayluya
01-03-08, 10:09 AM
Keep the bike cheap and give beginners something half decent, then people can modify it to their tastes and learn a little about what actually affects ahndling and such

I do agree that it is important that beginners (who also tend to be young and without oodles of cash to splash) have access to NEW bikes that have not been priced out of their reach simply by being loaded with all the goodies.

IME it is not how much kit yer have on the bike (or how "good" the bike actually is) that determines how much fun you have with it.

bornagain
23-03-08, 10:49 AM
Printing Error In 2008 Suzuki Catalogue - SV650 Colours

New 2008 SV650S in "Dark Candy Blue".

Visited main dealer in grantham near nottingham - dealer conformed this is a 2008 colour and told me suzuki's catalogue for 2008 has been printed wrong! Appears there are several mistakes in the catalogue with regards to colour choices, also poined out gsxr750 colours are wrong

Have been advised there are three new colours for 2008 on the sv650s; black with red seat, grey with black seat and Dark Candy Blue Sv650s (http://www.bikeinfo.co.uk/suzuki_sv650s_sk8_2008_model_uk.htm) with black seat.

Asked about the sport model - confirmed so far for 2008 only available in black with red seat .

With regards to the white colour scheme, it seems this colour option is on the "customer wish list" at Suzuki Customer Services in the UK. Sounds as if they are awaiting customer response as to whether to bring it to the UK or not.

Anyone else want a white sv? Call them with your request on: 0500 011959

* Just checked Suzuki GB website - looks like they have updated the naked and sport colour options but not the "S" model yet.

http://images.bikes.portfolio-europe.net/getimg.asp?PIC_ID=15601323&WIDTH=320&HEIGHT=240&BGCOLOR=FFFFFF