PDA

View Full Version : removal of ignition switch mod for pointy?

flymo
02-03-08, 08:00 PM
Anybody done the ignition switch removal for the pointy K3 onwards?

If so, any tips. wiring diagram or sketch would be useful.

Sideshow#36
02-03-08, 09:10 PM
I never bothered removing it to be honest. Seemed like more hasle than it was worth. I just found a way to override the sidestand switch and the clutch switch. Easy enough to do. As for leckie diagrams I'd say that your best bet would eb a haynes manual. Really detailed, not overcomplicated and easy to read.

flymo
02-03-08, 09:48 PM
I never bothered removing it to be honest. Seemed like more hasle than it was worth. I just found a way to override the sidestand switch and the clutch switch. Easy enough to do. As for leckie diagrams I'd say that your best bet would eb a haynes manual. Really detailed, not overcomplicated and easy to read.

I do have the full wiring diagram but I meant a diagram of a modification ;)

I can certainly leave as is but just worth asking. I've removed side stand and clutch safety's also.

sv650k4
02-03-08, 10:13 PM
i also still have mine on at the min and i dont really have any plans of doing away with it so it will probley stay on for a bit.

tranx
02-03-08, 10:19 PM
I'm running a curvy with the ignition switch removed and ignition wired to the cut off switch. While there is less wiring and some weight saved the main problem I have had is accidentally turning the ignition on when loading or working on the bike in the garage. I've run the battery flat twice now doing this.

On the plus side I don't have to try and remember a key at all.

sv650k4
02-03-08, 10:31 PM
aye ive done the same thing on other bike's i have which are wired 2 the switch lol.

on the for getting the key side of things i never really have the key out of my bike at all so touch wood i have never/and hope i never for get it 2 save some hassel lol.:D

pipey
16-03-08, 10:06 PM
Its easyier to remove all the excess wiring and then if anything goes wrong you don`t have much to look at.:p and ultimately less weight.
But don`t forget there is a resistor in the ignition switch which is required in the circuit otherwise the bike will not start.
Have a chat with SDC performance they should be able to knock you one up if you do not want to do it yourself. They also do a battery box which relocates the battery under the rad to the right of the front cylinder. Worth a look.

tranx
16-03-08, 10:36 PM
You might have some trouble contacting SDC Performance these days if the rumours are true.

pipey
17-03-08, 12:19 AM
The buisness is changing hands but other than that it apears to be buisness as usual.