PDA

View Full Version : BSB Tv coverage sucks

muzikill
05-03-08, 07:39 PM
http://www.britishsuperbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9655

written in disgust at the deal announced.
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/news/article.asp?NewsID=3533

Jdubya
05-03-08, 07:49 PM
Better than the **** poor package ITV had last year and the year before...and it means I dont have to renew my sky sports package for the summer!

sinbad
06-03-08, 11:12 PM
Fine by me, I love Eurosport coverage of motor racing.

rob13
11-03-08, 07:24 PM
Im a bit disappointed to be honest. It would have been great had it had coverage on ITV & Eurosport. ITV tends to be a bit more commercial in that it has access to paddocks, people on the ground and the likes whereas Eurosport is kinda like watching it from the trackside whilst listening to radio commentary. They tend to cut a lot of the atmospheric noise out of their stuff.

What happens when BSB clashes with WSB? What happens when WSB clashes with MotoGP as Eurosport now has all 3?

coombest
28-03-08, 10:13 AM
Im a bit disappointed to be honest. It would have been great had it had coverage on ITV & Eurosport. ITV tends to be a bit more commercial in that it has access to paddocks, people on the ground and the likes whereas Eurosport is kinda like watching it from the trackside whilst listening to radio commentary. They tend to cut a lot of the atmospheric noise out of their stuff.

What happens when BSB clashes with WSB? What happens when WSB clashes with MotoGP as Eurosport now has all 3?

I don't exactly see how you think that Eurosport has any less access or anything than ITV!!?? The commentators are still going to be the same! Jamie Whitham will be there and I believe it's Jack Burnicle again... The same people ITV had last year and were due to be their commentators this year...
They are in a room at the circuits, watching the action and interviewing riders, etc. at each round... At least it will be live!!

Apparrently, when there's a WSB & BSB race on the same weekend, the first WSB race will be shown, then the first BSB, then the second WSB and the second BSB race (or something similar!). I can't remember if there's any weekends where BSB clashes with the GP - I don't think there are but I would imagine that would make things a bit difficult!

BSB is going to be shown live on Eurosport 2 any way - not Eurosport, so this gives them a little more flexibility!

That's all the 'insider knowledge' that I've obtained from the paddock so far!

Got the opportunity to take the p*ss out of Jamie Whitham at Snett, when he was ballsing up his piece to camera in pitlane over & over again!!

johnnyrod
28-03-08, 10:27 AM
This is arguably the best race series on telly, and it's even in this country, why the ! can't we just watch it unmolested on normal telly instead of having to fork out for the extra channels? I can't get WSB either.

rob13
29-03-08, 12:42 AM
Luckily I get Eurosport, and uncle Jack & Whitham are commentating as per ITV last year however it just seems that ITV pull out the stops for interviews/paddock access etc whereas Eurosport coverage seems to be from afar.

At the end of the day as long as I can watch it ill be happy. Hoping to see the WSS this year though

Scoobylou
19-04-08, 11:09 PM
I am so glad I have the channels.. last years coverage was PANTS... Oh and hi btw.

rob13
20-04-08, 07:44 AM
welcome

TSM
20-04-08, 11:53 AM
why in the modern era is BSB still broadcast n 4:3, grrr

Jdubya
20-04-08, 05:08 PM
why in the modern era is BSB still broadcast n 4:3, grrr

I know...the colours were out, you could hear the background chat, and that Tony Carter deserves to be sent to play in the traffic!

sinbad
20-04-08, 05:24 PM
I know...the colours were out, you could hear the background chat, and that Tony Carter deserves to be sent to play in the traffic!

He the one that is usually in the studio for WSBK?
He asks some awful, almost embarrassing questions. Really is cringeworthy stuff sometimes, and you can tell the rider/team-manager/whoever knows it. If they weren't all so media savvy they'd just give a one word answer to some of them.

Kept saying it was Adam Jenkinson that got taken out by the flying Rizla in race 2 also.

muzikill
20-04-08, 05:50 PM
It was in 16:9 when bbc and itv covered it, im just hacked off as i do not have a sky dish or cable and they did not stream it on the web like all the adverts said!

Sideshow#36
20-04-08, 06:26 PM
I dont see what all the fuss is all about. I have loved Eurosport coverage for ages now, weather it be, MotoGP, WSB or BSB. Yes the new WSB comentators on WSB are a bit dull but Jack and Jamie are just superb. I found ITV last year to be awful and Sky Sports were just as bad. Sorry but if you dont like it... tough. For every one person who whinges about coverage I bet there will be alteast 20 who are more than happy with it.

fizzwheel
20-04-08, 07:12 PM
I have to say compared to the ITV coverage, the BSB coverage is far superior on Eurosport. I thought they did a damn good job.

I cant stand Suzi "Look at me" Perry. I havent watched bike racing on the beeb since we got sky, Eurosport coverage of WSB was one of the primary reasons for getting it.

TSM
20-04-08, 08:47 PM
It was in 16:9 when bbc and itv covered it, im just hacked off as i do not have a sky dish or cable and they did not stream it on the web like all the adverts said!

was it proper 16:9 or stretched 4:3 to 16:9 or trimmed 4:3 to 16:9, my plasma goes into a Super Zoom mode and stretches a 4:3 to 16:9, but its odd as the edges of the screen are stretched more than the centre, makes it odd seeing bikes get smaller and larger again.

TSM
20-04-08, 08:51 PM

I think that was in part to the cloudy day, on some pan shots, it would go from dull to vivid when the bikes got into the sun. Still fairly poor. MotoGP is generally always good.

rob13
20-04-08, 09:05 PM
Thought it was good today, much more in depth than some of the stuff ive previously seen on Eurosport

sinbad
21-04-08, 07:08 AM
Best part was the onboard cameras which have been sorely lacking in BSB coverage for the last several years.

Jdubya
22-04-08, 10:07 PM
Best part was the onboard cameras which have been sorely lacking in BSB coverage for the last several years.
ITV have had 'em for the last two years though...;)

weazelz
24-04-08, 08:12 AM
no more James Cracknell :cheers:

Jdubya
05-05-08, 09:42 AM
Will be interesting to see if they continue with that ginger prat in the pitlane at Oulton today...

markmoto
05-05-08, 01:07 PM
Wet race ace! great battle between shakey and leon great seeing the chunks of rubber flying off towards the end :-) shakeys tyre was quite second hand at the end :cool:

Dangerous Dave
14-05-08, 01:23 PM
What makes it worse is that idiot Jack Burnicle keeps showing up for work!