PDA

View Full Version : name badge

Frank
15-03-08, 12:18 PM
I have been told that I have to wear a badge with "virgin" on it on the NW3 rideout and it got me thinking....Can everyone pls wear a badge on AR08 with their name clearly printed so us virgins know who everyone is.Designs would be welcome.I of course would not have to wear one because it would be obvious ,from the lack of said badge,who I was.:rolleyes:

BILLY
15-03-08, 09:57 PM
Most peeps had a name badge last year!

dizzyblonde
15-03-08, 10:38 PM
I don't mind wearing a badge again, so long as the mods on here change my other halfs user name from carnivore to Im Indoors!! otherwise he may need to wear two!

fizzwheel
16-03-08, 08:47 AM
Its being sorted, roll of sticky labels and a marker pen sort yourselves out when you arrive on site if you want to.

Bear
16-03-08, 02:58 PM
You only have to wear the virgin badge until you spend 5 minutes in a field with me...

FG1
16-03-08, 04:22 PM
You're taking into account foreplay aswell then Jamie.......;)

Razor
16-03-08, 04:34 PM
You only have to wear the virgin badge until you spend 5 minutes in a field with me...

Does your badge say "cherry buster" ?

Bear
16-03-08, 04:45 PM
No, but dammit, I want my name to say that rather than mega poster now!

diamond
16-03-08, 06:45 PM
Why badges? we are all adults can we not just ask when we find some one we don't recognise, it's a great way of starting a conversation with some one you don't know.

mattSV
16-03-08, 06:52 PM
Why badges? we are all adults can we not just ask when we find some one we don't recognise, it's a great way of starting a conversation with some one you don't know.

Everyone wearing name badges is a great way of avoiding people you don't want to talk to ;)

Razor
16-03-08, 06:53 PM
No, but dammit, I want my name to say that rather than mega poster now!

Go on, I dares ya!

diamond
16-03-08, 06:58 PM
Everyone wearing name badges is a great way of avoiding people you don't want to talk to ;)
I did think that as i was posting. If only Fizz had worn a name badge i would have been able to avoid him, now i have to put up with him.

Drew Carey
16-03-08, 08:57 PM

Can I recommend a buddy system for all Virgins when strolling alone at night.....Plus, will there be a "Beware of the bear" induction??? :D

on yer bike
17-03-08, 12:33 AM

I liked the name badges last year. I came knowing hardly anyone, and being one of the youngest there at only 20, I was terrified of speaking to folk. I found the name badges a great way of finding out who was who on the forum. Theres some folk you just disagree with on the forum and some folk that you get on with although you've not met them yet.

If you introduce yourself to people you have similar views with, they introduce you to other people they know... By the second night when you are trapped under a gazebo in the p*ssing rain with no breathing space, you're gonna know everyone more than you'd like to. But would I do it again?
Hell yeah! :D

Alpinestarhero
17-03-08, 10:56 AM
Is the "virgin" thing part of a service bear is offering?

plowsie
17-03-08, 11:14 AM
I'm just gonna wear me gay high vis vest!

Jester666
17-03-08, 11:38 AM
And I'm gonna wear my nice .Org T-shirt!! :lol:

cuffy
17-03-08, 12:43 PM
And I'm gonna wear my nice .Org T-shirt!! :lol:+1, also any other of my t-shirts with cuffy emblazoned across the back :D

Drew Carey
17-03-08, 01:21 PM
And I'm gonna wear my nice .Org T-shirt!! :lol:

Is it still possible to get hold of Org T-Shirts? Just that I would rather have a T-Shirt over my leathers than a sticker so people can also see who I am when riding.

Ping
19-03-08, 09:43 AM
I don't mind wearing a name badge (Did so last year) though I think this year a straight jacket might also be an idea to keep me out of trouble... :lol:

Jester666
19-03-08, 10:03 AM
Is it still possible to get hold of Org T-Shirts? Just that I would rather have a T-Shirt over my leathers than a sticker so people can also see who I am when riding.

I'm not sure.

I don't mind wearing a name badge (Did so last year) though I think this year a straight jacket might also be an idea to keep me out of trouble... :lol:

Is there a straight jacket strong enough to contain you? :lol:

Ping
19-03-08, 03:20 PM
Is there a straight jacket strong enough to contain you? :lol:
Something tells me I SHOULD feel ashamed or insulted... but I can't help but be pleased with this comment...

:lol:

Ah well, I keep telling myself its the fruitloops that make the world more interesting...

northwind
21-03-08, 05:38 PM
Last year I put my name badge on my tshirt... Then I put my leathers on over it... And then my waterproofs over those... And then at some point, or points, I fell over in the field and added a fine layer of mud on top of the waterproofs. I think it's a good idea though ;)

21QUEST
22-03-08, 12:04 AM
No name badge here.....I'll be the Laurence Fisbourne look alike :confused: .

If you happen to miss that, I'll be the one wearing a T-shirt that reads "Open Throttle, Facking Poosey" :p

Yep, there is a story to the slogan...just ask Northy ;) but you can think of it as motivational slogan for those that ride like errr snails(?)....that'll be me then :D

Ben

BILLY
22-03-08, 05:47 PM
No name badge here.....I'll be the Laurence Fisbourne look alike :confused: .

If you happen to miss that, I'll be the one wearing a T-shirt that reads "Open Throttle, Facking Poosey" :p

Yep, there is a story to the slogan...just ask Northy ;) but you can think of it as motivational slogan for those that ride like errr snails(?)....that'll be me then :D

Ben

The snail bit is that the oil leaking from you rattly old bike;)

21QUEST
23-03-08, 12:38 PM
The snail bit is that the oil leaking from you rattly old bike;)

:eek:.... you don't want a ride on the rattly old thing then ;)

...it's cos, I is slomo :(

Ben

BILLY
23-03-08, 12:50 PM
:eek:.... you don't want a ride on the rattly old thing then ;)

...it's cos, I is slomo :(

Ben

On the Thou:cool:

21QUEST
23-03-08, 12:55 PM
On the Thou:cool:

Not sure yet.......more than likely 650 as my crappy riding is better masked by it :smt003 .

Ben

Warthog
27-03-08, 08:48 PM
I will be... recognisable... ;)

Jester666
27-03-08, 08:50 PM
Are you that "unique" then? :lol:

Warthog
27-03-08, 08:51 PM
Ever seen a man with one eye and three legs?

Me neither :lol:

Jester666
27-03-08, 08:51 PM
:lol: So I just need to look for the big sausage wearing a white boot then? :lol:

Ed
02-04-08, 12:53 PM
I got a badge now, Lissa made some for NW3. Dead cool it is too even if the string that goes round your neck isn't long enough:cool:

Frank
02-04-08, 02:36 PM
I got a badge now, Lissa made some for NW3. Dead cool it is too even if the string that goes round your neck isn't long enough:cool:
+ 1,cant wear it now because it says virgin on it

Lissa
02-04-08, 08:38 PM

You must have a big head cos of all those brains Ed. If I explain that Pete used his own head as a measurement, you'll understand why the string was too short:p

I'll be wearing mine:D

Lissa
02-04-08, 08:39 PM
+ 1,cant wear it now because it says virgin on it

I'll make you a new one with 'Old Pro' on it:D

Drew Carey
02-04-08, 08:41 PM
Can you make me a new one on with whatever you feel is appropriate but will make me laugh.....:D

(Know I'm opening a can of worms there!!!!)

Lissa
02-04-08, 08:47 PM
Can you make me a new one on with whatever you feel is appropriate but will make me laugh.....:D

(Know I'm opening a can of worms there!!!!)

You'll be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D

Drew Carey
02-04-08, 08:53 PM
Its all in good spirit.......where is the fun if you don't all have people to take the micky out of?

Plus I live with Lily and am therefore used to it!!!)

Spiderman
03-04-08, 01:31 PM
i'll be the man with 8 legs so i should be easy enough to spot without a badge. or i'll wear a Spidey T shirt :D
Easy eh?

monkey
15-04-08, 01:18 AM
For the second time, I bring to you.....

http://www.personalsecurityonline.com/images/products/BR-9.jpg

I think the name badges are a good idea. I don't want to miss anyone I want to meet, nor do I want to meet someone I want to miss!