PDA

View Full Version : BSB Round 1 - Brands Hatch

Jdubya
28-03-08, 08:51 PM
I'll be there on the saturday and sunday...

Anyone else?

trickywoos
29-03-08, 09:01 PM
WOOOHOOOO!! YESS!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the season to begin! Will be there prob both days, I'll be in druids a lot practicing my photography, now I've changed cameras!!!!

Jdubya
31-03-08, 12:38 PM
WOOOHOOOO!! YESS!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the season to begin! Will be there prob both days, I'll be in druids a lot practicing my photography, now I've changed cameras!!!!

Its the GP circuit so there are better opportunities around the back of the circuit...I'll be there saturday and sunday with my camera as well(mainly round the back of the circuit)

Alpinestarhero
31-03-08, 01:00 PM
Me and maria looking to be there on sunday; see my thread in Soho, or in the Rideouts section

:D

Matt

Wull
01-04-08, 11:59 AM
I will be there all weekend watching my nephew racing in Junior superstock.
Any photos would be appreciated.
No 17 Alex Gault. Astro Kawasaki ZX6R ;)

Thanks Wull

chutz
01-04-08, 10:02 PM
I'll be there on sunday all things being ok. Looking forward to it.:rave:

trickywoos
03-04-08, 07:54 PM
Its the GP circuit so there are better opportunities around the back of the circuit...I'll be there saturday and sunday with my camera as well(mainly round the back of the circuit)
Will try and find you then- I'm there both days. Piccie on profile.

lawson17
03-04-08, 07:58 PM
I Should be there for all three days, hopefully see some of you guys there.

Jdubya
03-04-08, 08:46 PM
Okay cool,
I'll be the bloke with the sex machine fuel tank wearing the brown leather hat, hawk kawasaki jacket, green camera bag and if its raining, the blue and white brolly...oh, and I'll have earphones in my ears listening to fred and scoop!

Looking forward to this weekend...although I seriously doubt that my pics will be anywhere near the calibre of the pic below...(Pic nicked off another forum)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Jdubyasv650/LR3A3788.jpg

rob13
03-04-08, 09:10 PM
Have a good un folks. Shame its not closer to home, would have loved to go.

SVTONYB
05-04-08, 11:27 PM
I will be there all weekend watching my nephew racing in Junior superstock.
Any photos would be appreciated.
No 17 Alex Gault. Astro Kawasaki ZX6R ;)

Thanks Wull

Wish I could be there but unfortunately no can do :(

Likewise folks would be gratefull for any decent photos of young Alex Gault on No 17 in the Superstock 600

Tony

RingDing
06-04-08, 09:50 AM
If you get a photo like that at Brands then something will have gone wrong big time! :wink:

RingDing
06-04-08, 09:58 AM
Just seen on www.crash.net (http://www.crash.net) that it looks like the racing might be canned due to snow! Hope not for the sake of all yo who have made the trip.

weazelz
06-04-08, 11:11 AM
Brands' website says racing is cancelled today:

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/news/article.asp?NewsID=3648

it will be resceduled for 10-11 May

trickywoos
06-04-08, 06:10 PM
Okay cool,
I'll be the bloke with the sex machine fuel tank wearing the brown leather hat, hawk kawasaki jacket, green camera bag and if its raining, the blue and white brolly...oh, and I'll have earphones in my ears listening to fred and scoop!

Argh if only I'd read this!! I was next to u!!! I was talking to my photographer friend! Sorry!! See u there in May and will talk to u!!

BLACKFIRE
08-04-08, 12:08 PM
It was definatly cancelled !!!
We woke up to nearly 2 foot of snow outside the tent :smt009 on race day !!!
Waited around for an announcment and found out by watching Eurosport WSB in the Bar !!!
Qualifying was great Shaky is going to kick some ass this year and Leon did not do to bad considering he has had hardly any testing on the Honda!!
Managed to pack the tent and stuff in the non stop snow and set off back up to Yorkshire it took us 5 bloody hours !! We had Rain, snow, hail, wind sunshine ..... the whole range of weather !!!
Was a bit cold by the time we got home ;)
Will be back down on the 11th though its only snow after all :smt030

trickywoos
08-04-08, 12:20 PM
Will be camping too! See you there!

Jdubya
08-04-08, 12:44 PM
Errmmm...no, I wont be camping...

Jdubya
07-05-08, 05:30 AM
Well, the rescheduled weekend is upon us...
I'll be down there on saturday and sunday again as with the original weekend.

I suppose all the fairweather racegoers will be there as well with the temperatures for saturday and sunday being forecast in the low to mid 20's.

Anyone else going to be there at all?

Alpinestarhero
07-05-08, 06:58 AM
Jdubya, I shall be there, with a 99% certainty that my fair-weather biking dad will also be coming too :D

I'm gonna go sit on the inside of druids for a bit and get some pictures, hopefully Ill learn a few things about action shots on sunday, along with watching some good racing :cool:

c'mon haslam...

Matt

Jdubya
08-05-08, 06:16 AM
Jdubya, I shall be there, with a 99% certainty that my fair-weather biking dad will also be coming too :D

I'm gonna go sit on the inside of druids for a bit and get some pictures, hopefully Ill learn a few things about action shots on sunday, along with watching some good racing :cool:

c'mon haslam...

Matt

Druids is a bad idea on raceday unless you get there early and stay there all day. With it being on the long circuit there are plenty more better opportunities for good photos with shorter lenses around the back of the circuit. Hawthorns, top of pilgrims, top of dingle dell and the entry to stirlings are good.

I'll keep an eye out for you. With the forecast being for warm and dry weather it should be good racing!

Alpinestarhero
08-05-08, 07:36 AM
Cool! I'll be wearing shorts (khaki knee length ones) while I wander about, alpinestars boots on, alpinestars jacket, GSXR T-shirt.

I should be able to squeeze in somewhere at druids, but I'm definatly gonna get round to sheene curve and to hawthorn; those places are great for pictures

Its gonna be waaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmm

Jdubya
08-05-08, 07:29 PM
Cool! I'll be wearing shorts (khaki knee length ones) while I wander about, alpinestars boots on, alpinestars jacket, GSXR T-shirt.

I should be able to squeeze in somewhere at druids, but I'm definatly gonna get round to sheene curve and to hawthorn; those places are great for pictures

Its gonna be waaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmm

Yep, I'll be wearing shorts as well...not too sure about the colour yet but I'll be wearing my brown leather hat and carrying a camera with a great big 500mm lens...

Jdubya
08-05-08, 09:51 PM
Argh if only I'd read this!! I was next to u!!! I was talking to my photographer friend! Sorry!! See u there in May and will talk to u!!

So will you be making an appearance at Brands then T?

pete m
09-05-08, 01:44 PM
Ill be there -mainly in the media centre or with Steve Mercer and Andy Weymouth....send in some pix or say hi :cool:

Alpinestarhero
09-05-08, 02:01 PM
Yep, I'll be wearing shorts as well...not too sure about the colour yet but I'll be wearing my brown leather hat and carrying a camera with a great big 500mm lens...

I might get a shy lense with yours being so big :cat:

Jdubya
09-05-08, 06:50 PM
I might get a shy lense with yours being so big :cat:

Naaaahhhhh...it aint that big...