PDA

View Full Version : Icon Hooligan Denim Pants

rayuk81
30-03-08, 12:07 AM
what do you think of these jeans for the summer? does anyone know if they are any good, I like the casual look of them but dont fancy any more road rash in the future. Is it better to be hot in leather or comfortable with less protection? take a look at the photos they are priced at around ?70-?100 but may find some cheeper on ebay.

rictus01
30-03-08, 12:32 AM
Hmmmm, not sure how these work as my Voto jeans have the yellow kevlar weave visible inside, as well as armour pockets on hip and knee, I can't see that in the pictures, and a bit "gay" in the style department for my tastes.

But each to there own, wasn't a great fan of these sort of things, but then they are better than just normal jeans, so short around town stuff I can see the point.

Cheers Mark.

MiniMatt
31-03-08, 10:51 AM
I've got a pair of Hood denim jeans, definitely not as flashy as those Icon ones but the same idea. If they're as well made as the Hood ones then I'd not have any worries in the safety department, I wrote up a mini review of the Hood ones at http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=88828 - since then I've had one 30mph-ish slide down the tarmac and one rather more embarrasing 0mph falling over; they've stood up extremely well and the hip armour worked perfectly as touched down there on both occasions.

EDIT:
Just to add, I would probably skip them if you can't get any armour in there, hip and knee armour probably won't save you from broken bones but it definitely saves a hell of a lot of bruising and pain.

SoulKiss
31-03-08, 10:56 AM
I have the "normal" looking Icon Jeans - and am pretty happy with them.

Prefer my Draggin ones tho - more Kevlar/Aramid in them.