PDA

View Full Version : Bike Parking near Glasgow Central

Yog-Sothoth
04-04-08, 09:49 AM
I'll be up home in a few weeks on a wee visit, attending a course being held in Renfield St. Any bike spaces close by?

SVTONYB
04-04-08, 10:26 AM
I'll be up home in a few weeks on a wee visit, attending a course being held in Renfield St. Any bike spaces close by?

George Street at George Square, Maitland Street at Stewart Street, West Campbell street at several places to name a few

Yog-Sothoth
04-04-08, 10:31 AM
Cheers.

:smt023

ScottishRawker
04-04-08, 01:18 PM
umm go into glasgow central car park, then slip past the barrier on the way out!

Dry and secure and i've not had anything to tell me off for doing it!

just get a ticket on the way in cause if you get stuck at a train ticket barrier they sometimes are arses bout you going back to your car!

TheShadow
04-04-08, 02:54 PM
That is a nice tip about glasgow central.

Never been in that car park is it easy enough to get passed the barrier?

ScottishRawker
04-04-08, 04:32 PM
on the way in get yourself a ticket and it will raise the barrier, then when leaving there is a nice gap to the left of it where you ride thru.

ScottishRawker
04-04-08, 04:33 PM
Ohh yeah and make sure your baffle is out when going to that car park as

a) you get morrons run infront of you to get trains :(

b) your bike sounds amazing going thru the tunnel into it and then again on the way out, you will want to just ride in and out a few times (umm i did once lol went thru it 3 times)

Tiger 55
04-04-08, 04:39 PM
you get morrons run infront of you to get trains
Bloody morons.

So how come you're prepared to get done for dodging the barrier when all the parking Tony mentioned is free anyway? ;)

ScottishRawker
04-04-08, 04:41 PM
no ones ever seemed to care about dodging it and there is a bike sized gap missing from the end of the barrier so i guess its free :S

also cause its inside and you get to make lots of noise!!!!!

thumper21
04-04-08, 05:03 PM
Dont forget the one in Jamaca street, just outside mcsorleys the pub accross the road from richer sounds;)

Yog-Sothoth
04-04-08, 05:48 PM
Some good recommendations there - thanks guys.

TheShadow
04-04-08, 05:55 PM
Extreme nube question here but hopw does parking on a bike work in say for instance Glasgow.

Is parking in motorcycle bays free of charge through the city?

Do you have to pay for parking in standard pay at the meter car bays?

I have not had my bike in the city yet.

thumper21
04-04-08, 05:58 PM
Extreme nube question here but hopw does parking on a bike work in say for instance Glasgow.

Is parking in motorcycle bays free of charge through the city?

Do you have to pay for parking in standard pay at the meter car bays?

I have not had my bike in the city yet.

If you are in a bike bay it is free, and as far as I know as soon as you take a car park space that you would pay for a in a car you need to pay for the bike.

Bluewolf
07-04-08, 07:20 AM
http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/GettingAround/Parking/onstreetsparking/motorcycleparking.htm