PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler-Portugese MOTO GP-13.04.08

Pedrosa
11-04-08, 10:18 AM
A track that no one tested on in the winter so no tyre info apart from that available from last season's race.Incidentally the last race that Valentino won.

The following link allows you to monitor lap times as practise and qualifying profgresses...for FREE! Enjoy.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/motorsport/moto-gp/portuguese-gp/2008/free-practice-1.html?u=1207908822890

rob13
12-04-08, 11:19 PM
Lorenzo is just lightning at the moment, when you think someone is gonna keep pole, he just comes and wipes the floor with it. Yamaha have certainly got the edge this year.

trevlucky4
13-04-08, 08:53 AM
Lorenzo is lightning when qualifying, but I think he also is slowly getting better with each race. He is definitely the future.

What?s going wrong with Casey at the moment? How many times can he spit the dummy out!!!

My money is on Pedrosa today. I was at this Gp last year and he rode amazing on a far from perfect Honda. It was only a superb ride by Rossi that out shone him. This year the Hondas front end problems have disappeared.

What do you folks think?

gettin2dizzy
13-04-08, 10:56 AM
Toseland in 6th.... there's a surprise ;)

the_lone_wolf
13-04-08, 12:18 PM
quote of the race:

"something just fell off that ducati"

gettin2dizzy
13-04-08, 01:24 PM
Great race :) Looking forward to seeing Toseland on a familiar track

ThEGr33k
13-04-08, 01:46 PM
Toseland was 7th wasnt he?

Lorenzo
Pedrosa
Rossi
Edwards
Hopkins
Stoner
Toseland

Shame Toseland didnt manage to get Stoner at the end there. But considering the weather the new bike the new track and the lack of praccy WOW. 5th in the championship! Woot Woot.

Ill be getting me a new Toseland T-shirt... My Hannspree one is out of date now :(

ThEGr33k
13-04-08, 01:47 PM
Lorenzo is just lightning at the moment, when you think someone is gonna keep pole, he just comes and wipes the floor with it. Yamaha have certainly got the edge this year.

Im not sure those Honda's arn't slow!

Pedrosa
13-04-08, 03:31 PM
Pedrosa took 4 rookie season races before winning-Lorenzo has taken just 3.Impressive isn't he? No surprise for any Spain based fan of course. Great to see 2 Spanish riders leading the championship,(the first time ever this has happened I believe) although one is Catalan and the other Majorquin so a little ploitical there!

Dani commented that they altered something pre race which limited his bike in 6th gear,so feeling the extra he might have had on the straight was lost. That's racing I guess, pressure decisions made when setting your machine up.

Bridgestone will work much better on warmer tracks and good races will come from them,but Valentino must be cursing his knee jerk decision to break from a long and succesful partnership with Michelin due to one poor season?

That main straight at Estoril is 986metres long(pedant!) the 800cc bikes need 300 metres of it to brake for the first turn!

HRC will not test the pneumatic valve motor tomorrow and Tiesday,they will instead try out new chassis parts instead,(maybe they should drop a few of them in to the Ducati garage?)

Lovely for JT to be be given the boost of an extended contract so soon in to his start with Tech 3.He has thus far way exceeded their hopes for him.I hope it continues.

gettin2dizzy
13-04-08, 03:51 PM
I do think they should be able to choose whatever tyres suit them on the day. I don't like it how it can be used as an excuse.

MiniMatt
13-04-08, 04:28 PM
You know you're getting old when you suspect you might be older than the podium combined :D

Anyone know what the hell it was that fell off Stoner's bike? Looked like he tried to wedge it back in behind the fairing whilst cranked over at some ungodly speed :D

the_lone_wolf
13-04-08, 04:35 PM
Anyone know what the hell it was that fell off Stoner's bike? Looked like he tried to wedge it back in behind the fairing whilst cranked over at some ungodly speed :D
i like the way you could obviously tell as he held it in his hand, he was thinking "****, i hope this isn't important"

fizzwheel
13-04-08, 06:23 PM

According to the Eurosport commentators, it was the box of electrics that links the onboard cameras together and relays the pics back to where ever they get relayed to.

Pedrosa
14-04-08, 12:12 PM
Poor old Bradders Smith is getting upstaged by both Daniel Webb and and Scott Redding. Daniel most of all looks a very promising prospect indeed.

sinbad
14-04-08, 02:23 PM
Anyone else think Simoncelli should have been penalised for that?

I'd be livid if I were Kalio. There's no excuse.

MR UKI (1)
14-04-08, 09:24 PM
According to the Eurosport commentators, it was the box of electrics that links the onboard cameras together and relays the pics back to where ever they get relayed to.

It was camera equipment, details on here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/7346185.stm