PDA

View Full Version : BSB - Thruxton 20-4-08 *May Contain Spoiler*

fizzwheel
18-04-08, 01:56 PM
Off we go

Jdubya
18-04-08, 06:12 PM
Lets hope the weather holds up for this one...

Timings for friday free practice can be found here. (http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major&season=2008&series=BSB&event=races&source=bsb2006&eventid=81604&table=81604fp2sbk&round=thruxton.gif&tabletype=gif)

Jdubya
19-04-08, 05:59 PM
Grids for raceday here. (http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major&season=2008&series=BSB&event=races&source=bsb2006&eventid=81604)

Live coverage starts on eurosport 2 at 12h30 tomorrow.

That is all.

fizzwheel
20-04-08, 07:16 PM
Great racing, not so good for my Fantasy Road Racing team..

Bet Karl Harris has a headache in the morning, he took the GSXR right in his head.

andyb
20-04-08, 07:33 PM
Just got back, thanks for the tips on where to stand. Guess what happened right in front of me!!! :) He took a while to get to his feet and had to be helped into the ambulance but seemed OK!!! Tom Sykes was pretty hacked off and seemed to think it was Haslam's fault!!!

fizzwheel
20-04-08, 07:45 PM
Thats why we sit there when we go, always plenty of action and overtaking :cool:

Saw the crash on the TV looked nasty. Looked to me like Sykes ran into the back of Haslams bike. Mind you Haslam nearly put Harris into the barriers a lap or so on the entrace to the chicane. Sykes saw it all happen so you can see why he thinks it was Haslams fault.

andyb
20-04-08, 07:52 PM
I've just read that Haslam pulled back online to take the right-hander and wacked Sykes' front wheel. It didn't look like that to me but I am a bit of a Haslam fan! Anyone know where I can watch a replay??? Karl was on the ground for a fair few minutes before the medics got him to his feet, the ambulance that had him in stopped around the back of the circuit with doors open and medics running in and out so I'm not sure if something happened on way to medical centre?

fizzwheel
20-04-08, 08:04 PM
It looked to me like Sykes got a better drive off the corner and then when Haslam came to setup himself up for the next corner, sykes just rode straight into the back of him.

I thought it was dirty riding by Haslam at the time, but now I'm not so sure. They showed the replay on Eurosport a few times and I'd agree with what Ron Haslam said on the TV racing accident.

The move into the chicane before by Haslam was a dirty move though IMHO.

Have you got Eurosport ? They'll be repeating the races at some point.

Poor Karl Harris, what a sh*tty weekend, he looked on the pace as well and thats really knobbled my fantasy road racing team :(

Dont know where you can watch it online though

andyb
20-04-08, 08:09 PM
Nope not got Sky, never mind. I didn't get to see the incident into the chicane...someone told me to sit on the other side of the track ;) !!!!!!!!!!!! Just heard the commentators screaming whilst it was going on.

fizzwheel
20-04-08, 08:12 PM
And your glad I did now are'nt you :p

Haslam tried to put his bike down the inside of Harris and then they bashed fairings and a bit of elbow session and they both missed the chicance completely Harris ran right out wide across the track into the grass and gravel.

DanDare
21-04-08, 08:04 AM
What was that all about with the 2 Buells that went round the track a few times? Oh and I love those Audi's as safety cars!

fizzwheel
21-04-08, 08:35 PM
Found this vid on another forum.

Shows Haslam putting Harris onto the grass and then Sykes' bike taking Harris out.

http://www.trackdayriders.co.uk/video/KarlHarris.wmv

DanDare
22-04-08, 07:49 AM
Holy Poo! Thats gonna sting in the morning!

BLACKFIRE
22-04-08, 10:15 AM
Holy moly ... ouch :(
We managed to get down there on sunday just as they were lining up for first race, but not been to that track before so we were just on the pit straight :confused:

So the replay on Euro sport but didnt show it in that much detail !!
Bring on Oulton :smt026
I love BSB got 9 of the races booked already.
Haslam was out of order me thinks, i sooo want Sykes to win his first race but good for Cal, he definatly deserved his first win :)

andyb
22-04-08, 11:20 AM
Cheers Fizz, will have to watch it when I get home :( I think the two Buells were road bikes by the looks of things for VIP laps or something along those lines. Thoses Audi's sounded V nice but I preferred the estate cars they had before.

Jdubya
22-04-08, 10:09 PM
Cheers Fizz, will have to watch it when I get home :( I think the two Buells were road bikes by the looks of things for VIP laps or something along those lines. Thoses Audi's sounded V nice but I preferred the RS4's they used last year.

Now corrected;)