PDA

View Full Version : Pillion ride might be needed

Ed
06-05-08, 06:07 PM
I haven't yet told my 15yo godson about the AR. But when he finds out - and he surely will - I'm sure that he will want to come with. I'd be happy to take him on the back - BUT the rear perch on a 675 isn't exactly comfortable, not least cos there's nothing to hold on to and also cos the zorst is right underneath. I didn't buy the bike with a pillion in mind.

So - if he wants to come, would anyone be willing to take him on the back?? I've got a set of leathers for him, and boots gloves and a lid, so kit isn't an issue. He's a big lad for 15 - I mean tall (6 feet) rather than broad (beanpole), but he's very good on the bike and knows how to behave.

Luckypants
07-05-08, 08:57 AM
How does he intend carrying his kit / clobber?

Ed
07-05-08, 12:07 PM
How does he intend carrying his kit / clobber?
Er I'm cheating. He lives in Bristol. Idea is that Mrs is going to drive down to see his mother, and drop us off at the campsite on a short [cough] detour and all our kit will be in the car.

Luckypants
07-05-08, 12:41 PM
Ahhh OK. so he just after a pillion seat for the actual AR ride, not down to the event and back?

I'm sure there'll be plenty of offers, but FWIW I think the Viffer rear seat is free.

darylB
08-05-08, 07:01 AM
Ed, if he's stuck my pillion is free, i might even bring the intercom.

Daryl.