PDA

View Full Version : BSB Donnington 24th - 26th May

phil24_7
15-05-08, 10:58 PM
Anyone from here going?

I got weekend tickets (thanks to the lovely girlfriend) and a hotel in the village ten mins away, also go grandstand seats (again,thanks to Mrs24_7).

Would be good to meet some new faces if anyone was gonna be there.

Regards

MR UKI (1)
16-05-08, 08:28 PM
Isn;t it British Superbikes at Donington that weekend?

phil24_7
17-05-08, 09:30 AM
Oops, typo!!!

trickywoos
17-05-08, 09:36 AM
Phew, I thought it wasn't WSBK til Sept!

LOL< I really want to go, but not sure yet-

phil24_7
17-05-08, 03:58 PM
Well if you do, let me know, be good to put a face to the pants!!!

phil24_7
17-05-08, 03:59 PM
Oops,that sounds quite rude!!!

carty
19-05-08, 09:19 AM
I should be going, sounds wussy but I'm waiting to see what the weather's going to be doing! The wife has got in to watching MotoGP and was going to come to Donington for it this year but she's got something else on so she said she'd come to BSB instead - but she doesn't want to if it's raining! :rolleyes::p

Therefore, we are now waiting til Thursday / Friday to get the 5 day forecast and then book. Luckily it seems you can now book tickets and print them on the computer immediately which cuts out postage hassles, pretty good feature I think.

I quite fancy going on Sat or Sun to see sidecar races etc 'cos I've never seen them but I fear I will be roped in to doing 'other stuff' if we're at Donny all day Monday.

Will keep this thread posted! Where abouts are you staying Phil? Do you know the A444 not far from Doninogton? Good road if you get some time to ride it :)

ging6996
19-05-08, 08:07 PM
me the mrs n some mates are gona go on monday just for the race. if the wether is good (bin rained on to many times) way to many times.
only live in hilton just a few mins away.
not goin GP they are robbin *******s.
graham

phil24_7
19-05-08, 09:23 PM
Staying at the ? manor hotel in the village right by Donnington. Going up in a van on Sat as I gotta pick up a table on the way back from the G/F mum's. Leaving her there for the weekend and going to the BSB's with my mate!

Kate Moss
20-05-08, 12:54 PM
Staying at the ? manor hotel in the village right by Donnington. Going up in a van on Sat as I gotta pick up a table on the way back from the G/F mum's. Leaving her there for the weekend and going to the BSB's with my mate!

You make me sound like a pet!!

Hope you have fun anyway, and take me next time!!! xxx

Scoobs
20-05-08, 01:51 PM
Hope you have fun anyway, and take me next time!!! xxx

How's he gonna ogle the pit girls with you in tow?

Kate Moss
20-05-08, 01:53 PM
How's he gonna ogle the pit girls with you in tow?

Haha I am used to his oggling so it wouldn't stop him!

Alpinestarhero
20-05-08, 02:59 PM
im hoping for a tom sykes double on my birthday!!!

Biker Biggles
20-05-08, 04:59 PM
Wot you mean he blows up in both races?:rolleyes:

phil24_7
20-05-08, 08:10 PM
Pit girls????? What you all talking about? I've never seen any girls at the BSB's before, guess I must've been glued to the racing!!!:-dd

trickywoos
20-05-08, 08:21 PM
LOL yeah, and I've never seen any cute men either! LOL!

As I only did Brands the other day, it's unlikely, but I may just have to turn up- will see! :D

MR UKI (1)
24-05-08, 08:56 PM
I should be going, sounds wussy but I'm waiting to see what the weather's going to be doing! The wife has got in to watching MotoGP and was going to come to Donington for it this year but she's got something else on so she said she'd come to BSB instead - but she doesn't want to if it's raining! :rolleyes::p

Therefore, we are now waiting til Thursday / Friday to get the 5 day forecast and then book. Luckily it seems you can now book tickets and print them on the computer immediately which cuts out postage hassles, pretty good feature I think.

I quite fancy going on Sat or Sun to see sidecar races etc 'cos I've never seen them but I fear I will be roped in to doing 'other stuff' if we're at Donny all day Monday.

Will keep this thread posted! Where abouts are you staying Phil? Do you know the A444 not far from Doninogton? Good road if you get some time to ride it :)

Just got back from practice day and the sidecars are awesome!

phil24_7
24-05-08, 09:58 PM
Looking forward to the sidecars myself!

MR UKI (1)
24-05-08, 10:13 PM
Looking forward to the sidecars myself!

If you get the chance watch them at the Melbourne hairpin. Sideways and everything. The speed they throw them around there was ace. Timetable for one of the competitors (Tim Reeves and his passenger) is cool too:

Thursday - Isle of Man
Friday - Isle of Man
Today (AM) - Flight to Coventry Airport and then Donington for qualifying
Today (PM) - Flight to Isle of Man for practice session this evening
Tomorrow - Flight to East Midlands for race at Donington and then back to Isle of Man for more practice and racing :o

phil24_7
24-05-08, 10:22 PM
That's nuts!

Blue_SV650S
25-05-08, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know when it is going to be on telly and on what channel??

NOTE: I only have terrestrial and free-view ... so no British Eurosport (I can see it is on there).

MR UKI (1)
25-05-08, 10:11 AM
Does anyone know when it is going to be on telly and on what channel??

NOTE: I only have terrestrial and free-view ... so no British Eurosport (I can see it is on there).

Channel 4 have highlights. Normally the Tuesday night/Wednesday morning the week following the race. It's normally on about 12.30am though. Sometimes it's repeated about 7.30am the following Sunday, again on C4.

Blue_SV650S
25-05-08, 10:35 AM
Channel 4 have highlights. Normally the Tuesday night/Wednesday morning the week following the race. It's normally on about 12.30am though. Sometimes it's repeated about 7.30am the following Sunday, again on C4.

Cheers :)

Oh and Doh!! :D

phil24_7
25-05-08, 07:08 PM
Good day today, though a little windy and wet, had to buy an over priced brolly and coat to protect we from the adverse weather conditions. Some of the racing was interesting in the wet!