PDA

View Full Version : Got My First Podium!

Sideshow#36
26-05-08, 09:30 PM
Well, it has only taken me 4 rounds but at Silverstone on Sunday I managed to bring the bike home for a 3rd in the Rookie Minitwins!! 13th overall. The conditions were awful. But I seem to do better in the wet anyway!

I'm over the moon! :smt026:smt026:smt026

lukemillar
26-05-08, 09:49 PM
cool - I was wondering what had happened to all the mini twin racers. after the first round at brands, everything went quiet. even your website hasn't been updated!

Sideshow#36
26-05-08, 09:52 PM
Yeah, Ive been on so many courses with the RAF that I am usually never near my PC. I got back from silvertone last night and I back on another course tomorrow for the next two weeks. Great!

But when I get back I will be typing up the reports from Snett, Cadwell and Silverstone. And adding a few more pics.

RGV250ads
27-05-08, 11:09 AM
congrats mate !
I was there spannering for my Bro in the Minitwins, Peter Molloy.
I'm entering the series myself in July from the snetterton Round and can't wait, bike is almost ready just needs suitable Ohlins fork springs for my featherweight and a final fuel map and tune up. The conditions were horrid on Sunday saw several fall at copse, peeps loosing the back, front, everything !

Alpinestarhero
27-05-08, 11:18 AM
well done sideshow!!!!

:smt038

AJB Racing
27-05-08, 02:44 PM
Hey Pal,
It's Andrew Bright here, #50. Congrats on your first podium mate. I heard you had a really good ride. Unfortunatly i crashed out on lap two along with Ed, suspected broken foot so on crutches until it can bare my weight.
Should still be good for France as it was only a back brake foot which i don't use anyway. Hopefully see you there?

AJB Racing
27-05-08, 02:47 PM
congrats mate !
I was there spannering for my Bro in the Minitwins, Peter Molloy.
I'm entering the series myself in July from the snetterton Round and can't wait, bike is almost ready just needs suitable Ohlins fork springs for my featherweight and a final fuel map and tune up. The conditions were horrid on Sunday saw several fall at copse, peeps loosing the back, front, everything !

Hey Mate, Congrats to Peter had a great week end. Just thought i'd let you know i'd have been one of the guys you saw go down. I was the one who couldn't walk lol but still rode my bike back to the bits. You going France?

RGV250ads
27-05-08, 03:26 PM
Nah i'm not going to france but Pete is. I've got a trackday at snett on June 23rd, this'll be my first outing on the SV, then i've got the test day before the snett meeting, then the races themselves the sat/sun.

hopefully the weather will be better for everyone at croix ! :smt119

metalmonkey
27-05-08, 07:06 PM
Hey well done Chris, must be the most awesome feeling!

plowsie
27-05-08, 07:08 PM
How did you do in Belgium Chris?

Grinny
27-05-08, 08:33 PM
Top stuff Chris, well done mate!

Sideshow#36
28-05-08, 11:40 AM
Cheers everyone.

I heard you had crashed out Andy. I didnt realise it was that bad though.

I was quite lucky because I seemed to get to the front quite quick and all the guys falling off seemed to be behind me.

I wont be in France unfortunately. The mrs. Isnt back from Afghan in time so It would be way to hard for me to do it on my own. Gutted! So I wont be out until Snett in July.