PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP @ Donnington

Jackhammer
29-05-08, 02:15 PM
Anyone up for going to this :farao: 21/22 June

me and RedK1 (Andy) are thinking of heading up there - will there be any other Orgers going??

G
29-05-08, 02:36 PM
I should be there on the sunday :D, get back from holiday late saturday night :(

MR UKI (1)
29-05-08, 02:54 PM
Got me free ticket for organising tickets for work colleagues so i'm going on the Sunday :cool:

stewie
29-05-08, 03:02 PM
The wifes bought 4 tickets for me and her and the kids, so will be there, but in the cage Im afraid, hope its better than last years silverstone WSB, still shivering now ;)

MR UKI (1)
29-05-08, 03:19 PM
The wifes bought 4 tickets for me and her and the kids, so will be there, but in the cage Im afraid, hope its better than last years silverstone WSB, still shivering now ;)

It can't be any worse than last year. Chucked it down all day, was soaked! Luckily some nice people let Well Oiled, his lad and me stand under their huuuuge shelter and then they pitched us their beach shelter up.

plowsie
29-05-08, 03:26 PM
Will be up there on the Sunday too :)

plowsie
29-05-08, 03:27 PM
It can't be any worse than last year. Chucked it down all day, was soaked! Luckily some nice people let Well Oiled, his lad and me stand under their huuuuge shelter and then they pitched us their beach shelter up.
I went Donni three times last year, BSB, WSB and Moto GP and it was wet and wild for the GP i think!

stewie
29-05-08, 03:37 PM
Will be up there on the Sunday too :)

Ill see you there big fella :D

Jackhammer
30-05-08, 03:50 PM
Fantastic - sounds like some momentum is gathering - :-)

was planning on staying up there for the weekend is this worth doing ?!?!? Break out the tent and sleeping bag and all that stuff !!!

DoodleBug
30-05-08, 04:14 PM
I'll hopefully be there this year, in the cage most likely though.

SAMMY650
30-05-08, 04:28 PM
I'll be there on the Sunday:)

MR UKI (1)
30-05-08, 07:48 PM
Fantastic - sounds like some momentum is gathering - :-)

was planning on staying up there for the weekend is this worth doing ?!?!? Break out the tent and sleeping bag and all that stuff !!!

The camping facilities are 'basic' and the planes start landing/taking off from 3am onwards (the site is right under the flightpath and pretty much at the end of the runway). Not camped myself, but heard it ain't brilliant from that perspective.

You could try the Moto GP overload weekend that Lyle J was promoting, that looks ace. Do a search, there's a thread somewhere.

fizzwheel
01-06-08, 09:08 AM
Yes Friday, Saturday & Sunday for us, not camping as it sucks and my dad dont like it, so we've got a Hotel in Nottingham.

Fingers crossed for not another repeat of this weather :

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/fizzwheel/Donny%202007/CSC_0148.jpg

trickywoos
01-06-08, 10:15 PM
Camping Wed-Mon.

Yes I am a bit insane.

Can't wait!!!

MR UKI (1)
01-06-08, 10:30 PM
Camping Wed-Mon.

Yes I am a bit insane.

Can't wait!!!

Don't forget your earplugs ;) Should be good though, you lucky devil :D

Jackhammer
03-06-08, 12:39 PM
Camping Wed-Mon.

Yes I am a bit insane.

Can't wait!!!

Woo-Hoo more campers - Earplugs are a must anyway as Andy (Red K1) Snores .... a LOT... and would prob drown out the planes anyway LOL

gettin2dizzy
03-06-08, 03:21 PM
So is toseland going to show them how the British circuits are done? :thumbsup:

plowsie
03-06-08, 03:24 PM
He did in the first race of World Supers last year, but remember, it was their first year in Supers back at Donni.

I don't think he will :( Sorry James!

stewie
03-06-08, 03:26 PM
He did in the first race of World Supers last year, but remember, it was their first year in Supers back at Donni.

I don't think he will :( Sorry James!

Cant see him winning, he might sneak a podium though with any luck :riding:

gettin2dizzy
03-06-08, 03:51 PM
A GP podium would be awesome though. He picked up the pace last weekend pretty impressively :)

Rog
03-06-08, 08:02 PM
Ticket bought and going on the Sunday. Hoping toseland gets a podium or atleast top five to show he is progressing. I know the usual Rossi fan club will be there but I am hoping there will be lots of support for Toseland

Alpinestarhero
04-06-08, 07:46 AM
i was going, but a mix up of dates for my bikesafe day means i wont be going.

trickywoos
04-06-08, 01:22 PM
Ticket bought and going on the Sunday. Hoping toseland gets a podium or atleast top five to show he is progressing. I know the usual Rossi fan club will be there but I am hoping there will be lots of support for Toseland
We'll be there in force (www.forum.jamestoseland.com (http://www.forum.jamestoseland.com)) with lots of blue and yellow for our boy!!!!!

Jackhammer
04-06-08, 01:28 PM
yep - will be routing for Toseland - a bit o' homegrown talent in a very talented field is always good !!! Though i do like Rossi shhhh :cool:

charlie13
05-06-08, 11:21 AM
Me & the future mrs.charlie13 will be there on sunday. Are there any plans for a small gathering of the org at any point over the weekend?

fizzwheel
05-06-08, 11:28 AM
On Sunday forget it, its heaving and once you've found a space you dont want to move as you'll loose it.

glade
05-06-08, 11:50 AM
Camping with a mate Fri-Mon on site. ETA: Don't care about the planes... where's the drinking smiley!?

Will keep an eye on this thread to see if any orgers are planning to meet up.

plowsie
05-06-08, 03:34 PM
Fizz, you say that and the one place where there is never too many peeps is the bottom hairpin (the Melbourne Loop is it?) The esses are always packed and you can't get through for shizz but the hairpin is a good place to see. My fave is the hill by the Dunlop straight as you can see them hit, coppice(?) and then across, down the straight and through the esses. Best place if there was, for an org meetup, would be on the dunlop straight by the hills.

MR UKI (1)
05-06-08, 04:05 PM
Fizz, you say that and the one place where there is never too many peeps is the bottom hairpin (the Melbourne Loop is it?) The esses are always packed and you can't get through for shizz but the hairpin is a good place to see. My fave is the hill by the Dunlop straight as you can see them hit, coppice(?) and then across, down the straight and through the esses. Best place if there was, for an org meetup, would be on the dunlop straight by the hills.

I watched most of BSB practice at Melbourne Loop to see what it was like in prep for Moto GP and am planning on watching the GP there now. Nice grass banking and quality action!

fizzwheel
06-06-08, 08:12 AM

I find everywhere is packed on Sunday, I've never bothered trekking all the way down to the Melbourne loop as its just to much hassle to fight your way down there.

Yep Exit of Coppice is always good, especially with the 990's power sliding out of there. But again its packed on Sunday.

We've got Grandstand seats so we tend to mooch round everywhere on Friday and Saturday and then stay put on Sunday I cant be doing with battling my way through the crowds its just to much hassle.

plowsie
06-06-08, 08:24 AM
I watched most of BSB practice at Melbourne Loop to see what it was like in prep for Moto GP and am planning on watching the GP there now. Nice grass banking and quality action!
See you there :D

Jackhammer
06-06-08, 11:48 AM
I should be pretty easy to spot - assuming that no-one else in the SoHo Massive forum Crashes i will be wearing the yellow Crashy McGee T-Shirt in my avatar - so keep a beady eye out

PHEOBESMOVE
12-06-08, 03:21 PM
Me and the other half are riding up from sussex either fri or sat. Got tickets for override so see you guys there!

stewie
15-06-08, 01:52 PM
Me and the mrs and kids are goin on sunday only, whats a good time to arrive ? want to watch as much as poss and get a good spec.

trickywoos
15-06-08, 05:52 PM
Me and the mrs and kids are goin on sunday only, whats a good time to arrive ? want to watch as much as poss and get a good spec.
Before sunrise? Coz that's when campsite seems to get up for race day!!!
The earlier the better.

stewie
15-06-08, 06:42 PM
Check this out http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=112221

fizzwheel
15-06-08, 07:18 PM
The earlier the better.

+ 1 earlier the better, gates dont open till 7am, you wanna be parked and in the queue before then though, you'll avoid the worst of the traffic and then to. But there will still be a mad rush for places like the Foggy Esses, which always seems full no matter how early I've got there by on race day.

glade
15-06-08, 09:16 PM
It's dawned on me that it's next weekend. Started getting all my camping stuff out this afternoon!

Weather looks touch and go at the moment... (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/em_forecast_weather.html)

Can't wait though, got to check my mate hasn't jusdt bought a monster gas canister though!!

Jackhammer
20-06-08, 11:59 AM
so ... the weekend is upon us ... any tips from people that have been before ... never been to a MotoGP weekend - are there some tips and treats that folks could perhaps share ???

Also where will be the best place to watch the race from ??

stewie
20-06-08, 12:41 PM
Well the foggy esses are good but you need to be there early to get a good spec, Im heading for the craner curves myself.

plowsie
20-06-08, 01:28 PM
Might see you there ;)

stewie
20-06-08, 01:37 PM
Hope so, be nice to catch up mate :D

ThEGr33k
20-06-08, 03:04 PM
http://www.marshalspost.com/images/tmp/expl9775_15.jpg

Ill be around the Number 9, on the bank. Should be good there like... Normally is. Might try somewhere else though. We will see. :)

plowsie
20-06-08, 03:06 PM
What time from Greek, i will look out for you! I'll be at 27 or on the hill on starkeys straight after dunlop bridge.

Shellywoozle
20-06-08, 03:07 PM
ROFL at ThEGr33k, so in other words, No 9 could mark the spot but so could no 1- 39 he he he he
Bless ya mate :)

silent11
10-07-08, 01:02 PM
hey guys found a little update on the news for donni

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/7499078.stm

i am liking the 200mph sweeping curve idea :D

sinbad
10-07-08, 02:35 PM
hey guys found a little update on the news for donni

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/7499078.stm

i am liking the 200mph sweeping curve idea :D

Heh, I think that's 200mph, AND a new sweeping curve, not a 200mph sweeping curve :) (unfortunately)

Here's a pic from Autosport. Chicane may be removed.
http://danny87space.streamlinenettrial.co.uk/don.jpg

chasey
10-07-08, 05:16 PM
That's looking pretty good. They should keep foggy esses though.

Let's also hope they build some more bridges to walk over! Was knackered by the time I had walked to the Melbourne loop and back.