PDA

View Full Version : Avon Storms not available until mid-June

Hank
01-06-08, 08:31 PM
I tried to get a pair of Avon Storms at the end of last week but both places that I tried (in Bagshot and Slough) said that their suppliers told them these tyres were on back order. Avon will apparently produce their next batch within the next couple of weeks (so mid-June). So likely to be very few about until then (at least in Berkshire)!

My Dunlop 220s that were on the bike when I bought it second hand have now done nearly 8,500 miles and are threadbare! With a 60 mile a day commute I have had to book the bike in for a pair of Bridgestone 021s on Tuesday. Cost Pounds 225 fitted, balanced etc! No treats for the wife or kids this week then!

Now expect a ream of replies telling me that the Avon Storms are available everwhere and for a lot less........!!:rolleyes:

Woz
01-06-08, 09:44 PM
I was told exactly the same thing in Bolton 2 weeks ago. So I got some Vipers instead.

Luckypants
01-06-08, 09:46 PM
Hope this is not a general problem, i NEED a new rear ready for my euro trip! Best get phoning tomorrow!

yorkie_chris
10-07-08, 10:39 PM
round and black on ebay... good folk

Stu
10-07-08, 11:09 PM
round and black on ebay... good folkThread dredger :reaper:

yorkie_chris
10-07-08, 11:12 PM
It's late. I'm bored.

Luckypants
11-07-08, 09:43 AM
Hope this is not a general problem, i NEED a new rear ready for my euro trip! Best get phoning tomorrow!

As it happened I had no trouble getting a new rear.