PDA

View Full Version : Ego Minding Service

fizzwheel
10-06-08, 07:18 PM
Right. Not directed at anybody at all, just a general comment.

This is the place or thread to leave your riding ego, your tales of daring do, or wave your willy about how fast you ride and how you stuffed it to Valentino Rossi the other week on your favourite set of twisties.

I dont wanna here anymore about, how I'm going to "Whizz through the pack" or "I'm going to get bored" or "the pace is to slow"

blah blah blah blah

THE AR IS NOT THE PLACE FOR RACING OR RIDING LIKE A TW*T

If you wanna do this I humbly suggest that you just dont take part in the rideout and go and do a track day or if you are really that good you oughta be on the next moto GP grid.

I live in the local area, I want to be able to go out on my own after the AR and not have to worry about being hunted down by the coppers who are on the look out for hooligan riders after every local village in the vicinity has been buzzed by us lot. We're a big group, alot of us have race cans and small plates, we dont need to draw extra attention to ourselves by ragging the cack out of our bikes just to show off.

Its beautiful part of the world, relax and enjoy the countryside and the company.

That is all.

Ego's not collected will be subject to a £1 per day storage fee, any ego's not collected after 30 days will be disposed off.

K
10-06-08, 07:31 PM
Class post that man.

Can we raffle off any Egos that are uncollected? Or can we each bid to have Blue's as our slave for the week or something. :twisted:
The proceeds can go to charity.;)

caz650s
10-06-08, 07:48 PM
Well said Fizz ...

You always say it as it is ..

and the majority of the orgers will agree with you

See you there ..
Caz.

SoulKiss
10-06-08, 07:54 PM
I believe I already said that Fizz :)

But thanks for repeating me anyway :)

LOL

Frank
10-06-08, 07:58 PM
well said that man

neio79
10-06-08, 08:20 PM
ill leave my ego at the enterance to the campsite as we leave then shall i, Blatantly aimed at my post the other day.

blueto
10-06-08, 08:21 PM
Whats an ego?

neio79
10-06-08, 08:23 PM
Whats an ego?

apparantly it is when you mention you like to rid a bit fast now and then, and mention it to others that you would like to have a bit of fun with the fast boys and girls on the AR!! :rolleyes:, all be it you ride safely and are not the fastest there by a long shot!!

caz650s
10-06-08, 08:36 PM
apparantly it is when you mention you like to rid a bit fast now and then, and mention it to others that you would like to have a bit of fun with the fast boys and girls on the AR!! :rolleyes:, all be it you ride safely and are not the fastest there by a long shot!!

I don't think its aimed at you Neio ...

I think it's just that everyone wants the event to run smoothly and without any mishaps ...

I have been riding bikes for 32 years now and I got 'buzzed' a few times on AR06 and it made me jump a bit ...to a novice rider it could give them a right ol fright !!

Please don't take it personaly .. See you at the Plymouth megaride on Sunday :)

neio79
10-06-08, 08:40 PM
I don't think its aimed at you Neio ...

I think it's just that everyone wants the event to run smoothly and without any mishaps ...

I have been riding bikes for 32 years now and I got 'buzzed' a few times on AR06 and it made me jump a bit ...to a novice rider it could give them a right ol fright !!

Please don't take it personaly .. See you at the Plymouth megaride on Sunday :)

I dont take it personally, as yes i like to ride fast at times, but i also do it with concideration to others and safely. I would never worry or buzz less confident riders.

Fizz is right its meant to be fun for all, and i want to see it pass off with no hicups and smoothly for all involved. so i am not going to argue about it :cool:.

Grinch
10-06-08, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure you have storage big enough for me??? ;-)

Frank
10-06-08, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure you have storage big enough for me??? ;-)
use Hovies Lid

neio79
10-06-08, 09:22 PM
use Hovies Lid
:smt082

Demonz
10-06-08, 09:47 PM
If you wanna do this I humbly suggest that you just dont take part in the rideout and go and do a track day ....

:stupid: Rockingham on the 5th of July - £149. Booked and confirmed :safe: ;)

hovis
10-06-08, 09:49 PM
use Hovies Lid

your just gutted you cant keep up

dizzyblonde
10-06-08, 10:08 PM
i ride my bike so fast that i will be doing the rideout and getting back to the campsite faster than the leader of the fastest group...in fact it will be so fast that i will have got a suntan, tanked up and had a good feed at the pub before you all get back. :D

They call me.......THE STIG:p

Frank
10-06-08, 10:24 PM
i ride my bike so fast that i will be doing the rideout and getting back to the campsite faster than the leader of the fastest group...in fact it will be so fast that i will have got a suntan, tanked up and had a good feed at the pub before you all get back. :D

They call me.......THE STIG:p
on your own then?

dizzyblonde
10-06-08, 11:07 PM
nope....because I will be there with the stigs mates..;-)

plowsie
10-06-08, 11:22 PM
I will be flashing a huge beacon if I want to make an overtake on someone as it will take me an hour to get alongside someone, let alone pass them. Ahh, the huge grunt of a 33bhp IL4 :lol:

Seriously though, last year was fun, we overtook each other and at most times were able to ride at a nice pace :D The start off's for groups were a little staggered so you got chance to play catch up if that was your thing. I just stared at and listened to Carlos's TL for as long as I could until he fooked off into second gear :lol:

fizzwheel
11-06-08, 08:23 AM
last year was fun

And thats what I would think everybody wants this years to be like to :cool:

dizzyblonde
11-06-08, 08:32 AM
its all about fun.........I'm not too sure why people are massaging their ego with .....I am so fast I will get bored and am betterer than you( which is why I wrote my bash at it in a Clarksonesque manner)
It was fun last year, and if I decide to change my mind about doing the rideout this year it will be just that. BUT...I need to spend time with my other half as he won't be doing it, as he won't just have major hangover this time...he has a valid wonky limb excuse

Besides if he actually did it.......you will all be blown away by the M4s on the raptor...literally......you'll be hard pushed to keep your helmet on with the force of those cans;-)

Warthog
11-06-08, 10:29 AM
I need to spend time with my other half as he won't be doing it, and look after all your tents while you are away

Why thank you Dizzy :).

+1 to Fizz

timwilky
11-06-08, 10:42 AM
I have an Ego, but not let it out to play lately.

If I was to come all the way down to Fizzies back yard. Could somebody please massage my ego, and try not to bruise it whilst it is their care. Or do I have to leave it at home, all alone and pining for me

Drew Carey
11-06-08, 10:46 AM
My ego sits on the back of the bike.......I soon get a slap round the lid when I do something silly and when I'm riding like a grandpa I can occasionaly here singing from behind me. lol :D

neio79
11-06-08, 10:55 AM
when I'm riding like a grandpa I can occasionaly here singing from behind me. lol :D
an everyday occurance then!! ;)

timwilky
11-06-08, 10:56 AM
Oi, I am a grandpa. I resent the insinuation that my ego has not got balls.

hovis
11-06-08, 10:59 AM
an everyday occurance then!! ;)

:smt043

i was going to overtake him......... but i could not be bothered changing out of 1st

:smt101

Drew Carey
11-06-08, 10:59 AM
I apologise to your ego.lol.

Neio - To quote your good self when we came down the mountain to Aber "Was I holding you guys up?" If that be the case then your ego is also a grandpa....lol....cause she was singing all the way down (maybe screaming...not sure).

neio79
11-06-08, 11:16 AM
I apologise to your ego.lol.

Neio - To quote your good self when we came down the mountain to Aber "Was I holding you guys up?" If that be the case then your ego is also a grandpa....lol....cause she was singing all the way down (maybe screaming...not sure).

:confused: oh yeah LOL. I done that road the other way at the wekend with my mate in the hot dry conditions, my ego was not a grandpa then!! LOL

dizzyblonde
11-06-08, 11:25 AM
I like riding like a grandma.....at least then I hae chance of living old enough to be one!

And warthog...there will be plenty of us to watch over the tents I should imagine.

Jester666
11-06-08, 11:27 AM
This is looking good! With all the Grannies and Grandpas out there the rideout will be a festival of overtakes for me!! :lol:

Lets keep it real peeps, ride safe and have fun. :cool:

hovis
11-06-08, 11:29 AM
when I'm riding like a grandpa I can occasionaly here singing from behind me. lol :D

poor lilly

she must have a sore throught with all that singing

Stu
11-06-08, 11:32 AM
Lets keep it real peeps, keep it on one wheel
Oh, was that not what you were going to say ;)

Jester666
11-06-08, 11:47 AM
Says the man with the yellow t shirt!! :lol:

neio79
11-06-08, 01:04 PM
This is looking good! With all the Grannies and Grandpas out there the rideout will be a festival of overtakes for me!! :lol:

. :cool:

now now that kind of talk will get you told off!! ;)

chris8886
11-06-08, 02:13 PM
Says the man with the yellow t shirt!! :lol:

pot and kettle come to mind here :rolleyes: :p :twisted:

Frank
11-06-08, 05:15 PM
My ego sits on the back of the bike.......I soon get a slap round the lid when I do something silly and when I'm riding like a grandpa I can occasionaly here singing from behind me. lol :D
join the grandpa clan mate

Jester666
11-06-08, 06:43 PM
pot and kettle come to mind here :rolleyes: :p :twisted:

I belive you have fallen off more recently than me young man!! Lydden? :lol:

chris8886
11-06-08, 11:26 PM
I belive you have fallen off more recently than me young man!! Lydden? :lol:

track day and in your own words "doesn't count" :smt019 ;)

cuffy
12-06-08, 11:00 AM
poor lilly

she must have a sore throught with all that singing
A sore what?
Trough? drinking vessel for animals.
Trout? A freshwater fish.
:confused:

Grinch
12-06-08, 11:21 AM
Wow, this has really gone off on a tangent now...

Drew Carey
12-06-08, 11:29 AM
A sore what?
Trough? drinking vessel for animals.
Trout? A freshwater fish.
:confused:

lol. Me and Lily were wandering that yesterday.

hovis
12-06-08, 11:32 AM
throat

Stu
12-06-08, 11:37 AM
Wow, this has really gone off on a tangent now...
Which is probably a good thing. I think it's job is done & now it's nice to be lighthearted about it.

And I think you were the first culprit :lol:

plowsie
12-06-08, 11:43 AM
lol. Me and Lily were wondering that yesterday.
:smt117

chris8886
12-06-08, 01:52 PM
throat
dunno why, but i PMSL at that!!

Which is probably a good thing. I think it's job is done & now it's nice to be lighthearted about it.

And I think you were the first culprit :lol:

bullseye!!

Stu
12-06-08, 05:22 PM
dunno why, but i PMSL at that!!

Why, were you deep in thought? ;)

Do you think we can get one of Fizz's threads locked?