PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a bit nervous ?

Pages : [1] 2

stewie
25-06-08, 05:25 AM
I know its a bit stupid cos Ive met loads of you and liked all the ones Ive met and look forward to meeting a few mates who so far have just been ORG buddies, but I cant help feeling nervous about next week, and I suspect I may not be alone, wierd huh ? anyone else feeling the same ?

Lissa
25-06-08, 05:46 AM
No.

Then again, I'm not sleeping in a tent on the same campsite as Bear!

:D:D:D:D:D

Drew Carey
25-06-08, 07:39 AM
Lol......not nervous.....just excited. Met a few peeps already and can't wait to meet more.

Dan
25-06-08, 08:02 AM
I know its a bit stupid cos Ive met loads of you and liked all the ones Ive met and look forward to meeting a few mates who so far have just been ORG buddies, but I cant help feeling nervous about next week, and I suspect I may not be alone, wierd huh ? anyone else feeling the same ?

The only thing I'm nervous about is there not being any pucks on hand when I turn up. I can't bloody find mine.

Samnooshka
25-06-08, 08:07 AM
The only thing I'm nervous about is there not being any pucks on hand when I turn up. I can't bloody find mine.

Squash a drinks can ;) and use that

I'm not nervous, more apprehensive... I have the dogs to think about so hoping they will be on their best behaviours for the weekend!!

plowsie
25-06-08, 08:27 AM
Sam I'm not joking, please keep the dogs away from me, I will be fussing them all weekend, I really want them, they are huskies right?

Samnooshka
25-06-08, 08:38 AM
lol close!! LOL they are Alaskan Malamutes... about anothe 10-20 kg Bigger than huskies!! But not as bouncy or hyper! They do love to be fussed, but i will be watching them all weekend.

For anyone scared of big dogs please be assured i will not be letting them out of my site and they will be caged at night, and during the day they will be staked out with chains so they can't get loose. I will also make sure they are in their cages if i can't keep an eye on them for any reason. They will also be put away when there is food about. Lupo is used to being chained out as we do this at races in the winter... This is all new to Mina and she needs to get used to being staked out.

The reason for using chains... well they can both chew through a normal line, and also Lupo can pull 1 ton without really thinking about it... (he competes in weight pull competitions as well as racing during the winter) you should see the size of the stake we are using for him!!! (will bring his harness so if anyone gets stuck in mud he can help pull you out LOL!!!)

I want to have a fun weekend, where i can both enjoy the company of the .org and also have people enjoy the company of my dogs. I don't want to take any risks which could scare people or scare my dogs... This is also Mina's first experience with a lot of bikes but i'm hoping Lupo will teach her that they are ok as he LURVES bikes!! :D:D

plowsie
25-06-08, 08:44 AM
lol close!! LOL they are Alaskan Malamutes... about anothe 10-20 kg Bigger than huskies!! But not as bouncy or hyper! They do love to be fussed, but i will be watching them all weekend.

For anyone scared of big dogs please be assured i will not be letting them out of my site and they will be caged at night, and during the day they will be staked out with chains so they can't get loose. I will also make sure they are in their cages if i can't keep an eye on them for any reason. They will also be put away when there is food about. Lupo is used to being chained out as we do this at races in the winter... This is all new to Mina and she needs to get used to being staked out.

The reason for using chains... well they can both chew through a normal line, and also Lupo can pull 1 ton without really thinking about it... (he competes in weight pull competitions as well as racing during the winter) you should see the size of the stake we are using for him!!! (will bring his harness so if anyone gets stuck in mud he can help pull you out LOL!!!)

I want to have a fun weekend, where i can both enjoy the company of the .org and also have people enjoy the company of my dogs. I don't want to take any risks which could scare people or scare my dogs... This is also Mina's first experience with a lot of bikes but i'm hoping Lupo will teach her that they are ok as he LURVES bikes!! :D:D
Not bothered, big cuddly dogs, I love them.

Ohh wow you have just given me the greatest idea ever!!!!!! If it is wet, dog, rope, ar$e, gooooooooo!

hovis
25-06-08, 08:48 AM
dogs?

oh dear.

you better not tell alpinestarshero

mrsgid
25-06-08, 09:17 AM

are they good with kids as i have three monsters who love dogs well the baby mainly and she will try and get to them but she loves them

hovis
25-06-08, 09:19 AM
Ohh wow you have just given me the greatest idea ever!!!!!! If it is wet, dog, rope, ar$e, gooooooooo!

kinky?:confused:

startrek.steve
25-06-08, 09:38 AM
Darn! Wish I was going!
but no tent and two kids put a damper on it, sure arent going in car...
steve

hovis
25-06-08, 10:03 AM
Darn! Wish I was going!
steve

there will be spare tents......... but no babysitters/childminders:(

Mr Toad
25-06-08, 10:11 AM
Darn! Wish I was going!
steve

why not

you can pick up a cheap tent from halfords or argos
come down in the car, bring the kids - other people are bringing theirs. While we're out trundling round the countryside, there's plenty to do nearby to keep the kids happy

SoulKiss
25-06-08, 10:17 AM
Darn! Wish I was going!
steve

I have a 3-man tent spare, and even can chuck some sleeping bags with it if you want to borrow them - might be fun getting them there, but not THAT much hassle

Samnooshka
25-06-08, 10:29 AM
are they good with kids as i have three monsters who love dogs well the baby mainly and she will try and get to them but she loves them

Mine love kids. lupo spends his time on his back waiting for belly rubs, of course common sense comes into it and not letting them run up to the dogs when they are staked out and asking me if its ok to stroke them first :). I'll let them say hello to the little one she is a real softy!!

Dan
25-06-08, 11:46 AM
Squash a drinks can ;) and use that

I'm not nervous, more apprehensive... I have the dogs to think about so hoping they will be on their best behaviours for the weekend!!

I'm not sure a drinks can will support the colossal weight of my hulking great shed... and it's just so passé... plastic pucks are where it's at this season

Warthog
25-06-08, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure a drinks can will support the colossal weight of my hulking great shed... and it's just so passé... plastic pucks are where it's at this season

I just use a tin can or a rock, there's always something around to use!

dizzyblonde
25-06-08, 01:29 PM
when you've got such an upright sidestand a tin can still ain't much use....for those of you that wondered why im Indoors planted the raptor next to a telegraph pole last year......well thats your answer...its always threatening to fall over

Stu
25-06-08, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure a drinks can will support the colossal weight of my hulking great shed... and it's just so pass?... plastic pucks are where it's at this season
If you pm me your address I'll send you one. Seemed to pick up quite a few from the shows.
Us '7's can stick together - even if I hope to be on my SV :D

Dan
25-06-08, 02:39 PM
If you pm me your address I'll send you one. Seemed to pick up quite a few from the shows.
Us '7's can stick together - even if I hope to be on my SV :D

You're a star... PM on its way mate.

Stu
25-06-08, 02:56 PM
You're a star... PM on its way mate.
Puck off ....

;)

Dan
25-06-08, 02:58 PM
Puck off ....

;)

Cheers Stu. I know I had some I picked up at the NEC but buggered if I can find the carrier bag now... I think my wife's 'tidied' it away.

Frank
25-06-08, 08:04 PM
no not nervous about meeting people.I have just added it up and I recon I have met over 50 people from the Org.
I am nervous about all the revenge that you might want to throw at me lol

dizzyblonde
25-06-08, 08:07 PM
I'm a nervous person...honest I really am, its why I talk so much!!!!!

So far I've never met a horrid org member and there has been no one that has ever annoyed me

Quiff Wichard
25-06-08, 09:05 PM
I for one am VERY nervous about meeting you all.. :(

carnivore
25-06-08, 09:31 PM
Don't worry i'll get Bear to give you a cuddle.

Dan
25-06-08, 09:31 PM
I for one am VERY nervous about meeting you all.. :(

Water under the bridge... we all still love ya

Quiff Wichard
25-06-08, 09:37 PM
Water under the bridge... we all still love ya

Dan you northern numpty I was jokiiinngg !!! when am I ever serious-

I dont give a fook what anyone thinks.. I am back (a bit) - ha

looking forward to seeing you- to see if marriage has calmed you down any ...

Alpinestarhero
26-06-08, 07:24 AM
I'm mostly excited, somewhat nervous. I would be more nervous if i was coming without maria. We know a few of the soho lot so that's ok, and it would be good to put some faces and voices to some of the other .orgers I got on MSN and have had chats with on here.

I'm very excited about meeting hovis

hovis
26-06-08, 09:14 AM
I'm mostly excited, somewhat nervous. I would be more nervous if i was coming without maria. We know a few of the soho lot so that's ok, and it would be good to put some faces and voices to some of the other .orgers I got on MSN and have had chats with on here.

I'm very excited about meeting hovis

what about the big dogs that are coming?

dont worry, i will protect you:hockey:

Alpinestarhero
26-06-08, 09:42 AM
there's dogs?

hmm

might be hiding all weekend then

dizzyblonde
26-06-08, 09:48 AM
its cleverly disguised as a giant teddy!!!!

hovis
26-06-08, 09:49 AM
there's dogs?

hmm

might be hiding all weekend then

yup......... big ones, with big sharp pointy teeth, and 3 or 4 of them.

they will be looking for your pizza

Samnooshka
26-06-08, 10:02 AM
yup......... big ones, with big sharp pointy teeth, and 3 or 4 of them.

they will be looking for your pizza

Behave!!! Matt if you want to say hello to the dogs you can meet Mina she's only 18 weeks old at the moment (will be 20 weeks when you see her) she is increadibly submissive and loves cuddles!! :D Just ignore the big one, he's a softy really, just a rather big and noisy softy LOL!!

Quiff Wichard
26-06-08, 10:05 AM
I am scared to death of dogs- . so a tent miles away please- (no offence)

plowsie
26-06-08, 10:06 AM
I remember that from last years AR Quiff, when we were walking back to camp and that dog came barking, see you didn't like it.

Alpinestarhero
26-06-08, 10:22 AM
I am scared to death of dogs- . so a tent miles away please- (no offence)

come pitch up by me then quiff. maria will protect us both...:pirat:

SoulKiss
26-06-08, 10:36 AM
Quiff and ASH

I have met Lupo, and hes even softer than you are Quiff.

So nothing to worry about folks

Samnooshka
26-06-08, 10:54 AM
Mina
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/2558384731_bb761062f3.jpg

Lupo
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3042/2559209212_e0f12db1f0.jpg

Drew Carey
26-06-08, 11:14 AM
Hehe, they look lovely. Can't wait to see them.

Warthog
26-06-08, 11:58 AM
Woo, I am not nervous, looking forward to it! Copious beer and whisky will help! :lol:

Warthog
26-06-08, 11:58 AM
no not nervous about meeting people.I have just added it up and I recon I have met over 50 people from the Org.
I am nervous about all the revenge that you might want to throw at me lol

Oh silly Gid, it's all a wind up, you won't be going swimming ;)

(probably :lol:)

Alpinestarhero
26-06-08, 12:02 PM
Mina

Lupo

Given Sam knows i have a thing about dogs, I think she'll be a bit more respectful of the fact im scared they'll eat me.

Quiff, we shall go meet them together. We shall conquer our fears, hand in hand, side by side.

Or we'll run off back to the tents

hovis
26-06-08, 12:07 PM
Mina

Lupo

awwwwwwwww they look very freindly.

Samnooshka
26-06-08, 12:39 PM
Ball is in your court Matt and Quiff :) just come and get me if you want to meet the dogs, the little one is very very friendly and loves giving cuddles, we can work up to the big one ;)

Put the pictures up so you know what they look like :) very daft dogs indeed :)

hovis
26-06-08, 12:47 PM
Ball is in your court Matt and Quiff :) just come and get me if you want to meet the dogs, the little one is very very friendly and loves giving cuddles, we can work up to the big one ;)

Put the pictures up so you know what they look like :) very daft dogs indeed :)

when you say little one......... i would expect somthing the size of a jack russel:D

Samnooshka
26-06-08, 01:03 PM
when you say little one......... i would expect somthing the size of a jack russel:D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! she was when she was about 10 weeks old!!! LOL!!!

don't know what to compare her to except to say she's not as big as Lupo LOL!!! She is smaller than a German Shepherd Dog though.

Alpinestarhero
26-06-08, 01:08 PM
Sam, me and maria will come over and say hellooo

or you can come and find us

hovis
26-06-08, 01:15 PM
or you can come and find us

the dogs will find you.......... they will smell your fear:smt045

Samnooshka
26-06-08, 01:19 PM
Stop winding him up!! You're such a meanie!! :p

stewie
26-06-08, 01:20 PM
Im really looking forward to meeting everyone, human and canine :D

Stu
26-06-08, 01:35 PM
What big ears they have .... etc. etc. :twisted:

Alpinestarhero
26-06-08, 01:42 PM
I'm not looking forward to meeting hovis now, he;s a meanie :(

no pizza for you sir

SoulKiss
26-06-08, 01:46 PM
I'm not looking forward to meeting hovis now, he;s a meanie :(

no pizza for you sir

We could lock him in Mina's cage :) (not Lupo's, cos thats where Gid will be, listening to Sick Ghastly)

Alpinestarhero
26-06-08, 01:49 PM
We could lock him in Mina's cage :) (not Lupo's, cos thats where Gid will be, listening to Sick Ghastly)

sounds like a plan, Mina and lupo get their tents to sleep in, all comfy

Samnooshka
26-06-08, 02:11 PM
sounds like a plan, Mina and lupo get their tents to sleep in, all comfy

LOL... you should see their cages!! They're more comfy than a tent!

they have big comfy beds in them a warm waterproof cover over the top of the cage... and the fact that they themselves have thick fur coats LOL!!

Frank
26-06-08, 03:51 PM

I am very excited about meeting Hovis
never meet your hero mate,its always a flop and a let down.

stewie
26-06-08, 03:56 PM
never meet your hero mate,its always a flop and a let down.
Yes, thats very true that is, imagine my dissapointment on meeting gid ;)

Gordon B
26-06-08, 03:57 PM
the dogs will find you.......... they will smell your fear:smt045

And turn into this....

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:WbvQJLGgqzqSBM:http://www.wolvesgonewild.com/images/photo-ScaryWolf2.jpg

:-dd

Frank
26-06-08, 03:59 PM
Yes, thats very true that is, imagine my dissapointment on meeting gid ;)
thanks for the brake lever matey

MR UKI (1)
26-06-08, 06:44 PM
I'm very nervous about putting my tent up, had a go in the garden and it took nearly 2 hours (only supposed to be 15mins max). Don't wont to look a fool :(

Bear
26-06-08, 07:04 PM
I'm nervous. What if anyone sexually molests me? I won't know what to do...

hovis
26-06-08, 07:08 PM
I'm very nervous about putting my tent up, had a go in the garden and it took nearly 2 hours (only supposed to be 15mins max). Don't wont to look a fool :(
there will be plenty of peeps willing to help with the eretion
I'm nervous. What if anyone sexually molests me? I won't know what to do... just sit back and enjoy the ride

Frank
26-06-08, 07:09 PM
I'm nervous. What if anyone doesnt sexually molest me? I won't know what to do...
try harder

northwind
26-06-08, 11:54 PM
If you're feeling nervous, emulate Rock- she just appeared out of nowhere by herself on her little SV400, I don't think she'd ever met any of us before. Cool as **** :cool:

stewie
27-06-08, 05:34 AM
thanks for the brake lever matey
;) you,re very welcome Gid :smt058

mrsgid
27-06-08, 11:28 AM
Mine love kids. lupo spends his time on his back waiting for belly rubs, of course common sense comes into it and not letting them run up to the dogs when they are staked out and asking me if its ok to stroke them first :). I'll let them say hello to the little one she is a real softy!!
cheers it's just my son is dyspraxic and has with autistic tendencies so i will alwayh him near the dogs but the little one should be ok

Stu
27-06-08, 02:02 PM
i will alwayh him near
wonder where he gets it from :-dd

8-[

tinpants
27-06-08, 11:44 PM
wonder where he gets it from :-dd

8-[

Er, she said "dyspraxic".

Not " dyslexic". There is a difference.

Stu
28-06-08, 02:32 PM
Er, she said "dyspraxic".

Not " dyslexic". There is a difference.
Bah never let the truth stand in the way of a goo....er poor joke :)

petevtwin650
30-06-08, 02:00 PM
Me, I'm not looknig forward to meeting so many of you all at once.

I do have a terrible memory for names and details so although I've met quite a few of you before I'm bound to act as if it's the first time :confused:. And that trend will continue all weekend.:(

So my apologies now to you all now. :oops:

Spiderman
30-06-08, 03:17 PM
If you're feeling nervous, emulate Rock- she just appeared out of nowhere by herself on her little SV400, I don't think she'd ever met any of us before. Cool as **** :cool:

Yup she was excellent and i'm sad she dont seem to post on here much at all anymore.
She was kewl.

For those of you that are feeling nervous let me just say that i have a way with the Bear so dont worry too much about him.
And if you're worried about meeting so many peeps at once and forgetting names then dont. Most peeps will be in the same boat so dont feel no way asking peoples names again....and again.....and again.
I know i will be :lol:

Alpinestarhero
30-06-08, 03:26 PM
Yup she was excellent and i'm sad she dont seem to post on here much at all anymore.
She was kewl.

For those of you that are feeling nervous let me just say that i have a way with the Bear so dont worry too much about him.
And if you're worried about meeting so many peeps at once and forgetting names then dont. Most peeps will be in the same boat so dont feel no way asking peoples names again....and again.....and again.
I know i will be :lol:

who are you again? :plod:

Ed
30-06-08, 09:28 PM
I'm nervous about the Severn Bridge. I hate high bridges. And I hate motorways. Put em together - aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh:shaking::shaking::shaking:

MR UKI (1)
30-06-08, 09:39 PM
I'm nervous about the Severn Bridge. I hate high bridges. And I hate motorways. Put em together - aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh:shaking::shaking::shaking:

Ed, is the route the Border Patrol 4 are taking along with yourself taking us over the new or old bridge? I wanna do the new one :cool:

Ed
30-06-08, 09:47 PM
Ed, is the route the Border Patrol 4 are taking along with yourself taking us over the new or old bridge? I wanna do the new one :cool:

The old 'un... it's quite long enough, thank you very much!! You do the new one if you want, just a shame there isn't a ferry:D

MR UKI (1)
30-06-08, 09:51 PM
The old 'un... it's quite long enough, thank you very much!! You do the new one if you want, just a shame there isn't a ferry:D

The higher one then, cool :D

Frank
30-06-08, 09:53 PM
The higher one then, cool :D
dont forget the Wind

MR UKI (1)
30-06-08, 09:58 PM
Just for you Ed

http://www.severnbridge.co.uk/history_picture_show.shtml?sb_15.jpg

;)

Ed
30-06-08, 10:01 PM
dont forget the Wind

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Ed
30-06-08, 10:03 PM
http://www.severnbridge.co.uk/pictures/sb_15.jpg

I think I'll stop 'ome

neio79
01-07-08, 12:08 PM
the only thing i am nervous of is messing up the racing start on the green light , or not being able to hit 150 cos i am held up by a lorry or something!;):p

dizzyblonde
01-07-08, 12:14 PM
the only thing i am nervous of is messing up the racing start on the green light , or not being able to hit 150 cos i am held up by a lorry or something!;):p
oh shut up:-$......... has anyone told you its not a race!!!!

First to the hedgerow will be Neio??:smt017

diamond
01-07-08, 12:21 PM
PMSL:smt081

TEL
01-07-08, 12:28 PM
the only thing i am nervous of is messing up the racing start on the green light ........

i think they're installing these on the A303 as we speak......:p :p :p

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa34/Telsv650/355946_f1_start_lights_three_quarte.jpg

Stu
01-07-08, 01:10 PM
Just remember Rossi last weekend & JT before ;)

SoulKiss
01-07-08, 01:18 PM

Or Lewis Hamilton when he failed to see a red light......

Alpinestarhero
01-07-08, 01:28 PM
Or Lewis Hamilton when he failed to see a red light......

and coupled with his dad, who...just couldnt drive

metalmonkey
01-07-08, 01:47 PM
Well for one I'm excited about the entire w/end I have 16 hours left at work this week, not that I'm counting at all.....

Its gonna be awesome, oh if you wanna see photos of me look on my facebook, hehe there are some funny ones on there!

It will great to meet everyone, but don't expect me remember all your names.

dizzyblonde
01-07-08, 02:05 PM
and coupled with his dad, who...just couldnt drive
showoff always lands up in a hedgerow, Mr Hamilton did
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00676/hamiltons-porsche-4_676404c.jpg

fizzwheel
01-07-08, 02:22 PM

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa34/Telsv650/355946_f1_start_lights_three_quarte.jpg

*Says in a Murray Walker style*

GO GO GO GO !!!

neio79
01-07-08, 03:13 PM
oh shut up:-$......... has anyone told you its not a race!!!!

First to the hedgerow will be Neio??:smt017

I know it aint a race i am being a cheeky monkey again!!:twisted:

Cool baggsy first go!!

yeah but i am better than those two amatures LOL ;)

Sid Squid
01-07-08, 03:32 PM
Stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it!

No-one is allowed to be nervous, I hereby command everyone to be full of self worth, happiness and frivolity.

Enjoyment of the AR is compulsory. Resistance is futile.

carnivore
01-07-08, 04:52 PM

Think your speedo must be stuck in KPH again.:smt110

neio79
01-07-08, 05:12 PM
Think your speedo must be stuck in KPH again.:smt110
nope trust me its not and easliy capable of getting there as well, the 6 does a datalogged genuine 162MPH:cool:;)

Alpinestarhero
02-07-08, 09:43 AM
Stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it!

No-one is allowed to be nervous, I hereby command everyone to be full of self worth, happiness and frivolity.

Enjoyment of the AR is compulsory. Resistance is futile.

yes sir

stewie
02-07-08, 03:37 PM
Well, just set the bike up and took her for a shakedown run with me panniers on, luvvly jubbly, see you all down there :D

Speedy Claire
02-07-08, 10:08 PM
I`m ashamed to say I abandoned my bike last Wednesday when I got home from hols and apart from a quick wash sort of left her to the elements... tonight I started her up to let someone listen to the exhaust and OMG she wouldn`t start!!!! I was frantic :( after about an hour of trying and frantic phone calls she eventually started and I`m just hoping and keeping fingers crossed that it was nothing major and she`ll be ok come Friday :smt120

If I hadn`t tried to start her tonight (which I`d actually had no intention of) I would have left things til Friday morning and doubt I`d have made the AR.

21QUEST
02-07-08, 10:29 PM
Never be nervous on a first date.....you only end not doing it right....right?

On the second date, what's there to be nervous about....you already know where the curves lead to...

;)

Ben