PDA

View Full Version : AR08 Fuel.

SoulKiss
26-06-08, 03:08 PM
Have spoken to Fizz, he suggested that I post this here as he is a little busy to handle it himself.....

At a guess there will be at least 60 bikes at the AR.

Assuming each rider will need to put an average of 20 liters of fuel their bike to get there and for the ride-out thats rather a lot of fuel - 1200 litres.

Does any of the locals (as in local to the AR site) feel like seeing if, based on an anticipated spend of £1500 over the weekend, they can sort out some discounted fuel?

My figures are deliberately conservative - personally I am guessing more like 30 liters for the weekend, and I am sure there will be more than 60 bikes.

While I wouldn't go arranging anything based on promises of the amount of fuel that will be needed, I think mentioning that there will be 60+ bikers wanting to fill up may be the way to go.

Just an idea.

rigor
26-06-08, 03:09 PM
AR07 - Fool!

SoulKiss
26-06-08, 03:13 PM
AR07 - Fool!

I was trying to imply that we could try and get AR07 prices.....

MOD!!!!!! Please change ....................

rigor
26-06-08, 03:15 PM
I was trying to imply that we could try and get AR07 prices.....

Nice try :D

It's a good idea though.

SoulKiss
26-06-08, 03:17 PM
Nice try :D

It's a good idea though.

BTW - what were you referring to in your 1st reply to this thread?

:)

hovis
26-06-08, 03:18 PM
Just an idea.

and a good one at that,

but only the smaller private ones will be able to do this, and then they will probaly only reduce it to what the supermarkets charge (if at all)

but you dont get if you dont ask.

Alpinestarhero
26-06-08, 04:21 PM
where are the petrol stations near the campsite?

fizzwheel
26-06-08, 05:16 PM
where are the petrol stations near the campsite?

Theres a Q8 at Podimore, and also a BP at Cartgate where the rideout starts. I dont reckon theres any chance of getting a discount from them.

There is also this place in Ilchester

http://www.autocapozzoli.co.uk/9268/capozzoli.htm

They used to do fuel as well, but not sure if they do anymore.

Again I wouldnt hold out much hope though.

I filled up yesterday unleaded was £1.15 a litre. But that was from the Asda filling station in Yeovil. Thats probably the closest supermarket to the campsite.