PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Emotions

Lissa
01-07-08, 05:43 AM
Well, having finally caught up with the WSB round from Misano, I'm struggling with mixed emotions today. Sheer delight that my favourite crasher Ruben Xaus won race 2, combined with horror that he's moving to BMW next season. Xaus not on a Ducati...........unbelievable:(

Sideshow#36
01-07-08, 09:20 PM
I know i'm exaxctly the same. Love watching Ruben. Such a showman and always on the limit. Plus I look like him when I race..... not as fast admitedly but just as gangly.

I still think i'll follow him regardless of what he is on and I do think its good that some new manufacturers are entering the sport. I cant wait for Aprilia to be back too!

St0rmer66
02-07-08, 11:41 PM
Are Aprilia not going to make it for 2009 with the RSV4? More manufacturers is going to be great! Its been good watching Triumph in Supersport.

Alpinestarhero
03-07-08, 08:18 AM
BMW in wsbk - the first racing machines to come with panniers and topboxes as official tuning parts, and fitted with heated grips right from the onset :D

at least, thats what I like to think.

BMW obviously need someone to test the durability of their machines! Here's hoping Corser dosn't move to BMW, he needs another year on that R1. Shame Xaus is leaving ducati, he really seems to gel with dukes.

Matt

plowsie
03-07-08, 08:21 AM
Another one who loves to see the big figure of Ruben on the Duke. He is a big bloke you know, I saw him once last year at Donni in the pits, big old boy I tell ya.

That BMW is looking very nice, but looks are nothing in racing, lets see how it performs with a good rider on it.

Alpinestarhero
03-07-08, 08:32 AM
When i was last at brands hatch WSBK (last year, infact, funny that), me and my dad sat at druids for one of the practice sessions. We sat right where ruben was downshifting; every time he blipped the throttle of the 999 duke it was like a shotgun going off!! He was all over the shape, great to watch.

Also, we enjoyed watching him a few years ago when brands hatch was covered in water, he was visibly the quickest guy, and - strangley enough - the smoothest. He was the only rider not to be caught out by a huge puddle on the exit of surtee's going onto the back straight.

Xaus and Ducati go together like tea and biscuts

Matt

Jdubya
03-07-08, 12:40 PM
Xaus walking past me back to the pits after his crash at stirlings
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Jdubyasv650/Xaus01.jpg

I took this last year as he was walking back to the pits at Brands after crashing out at stirlings corner...