PDA

View Full Version : lessons learned from AR08 - :D

kitten
06-07-08, 08:20 PM
well here are mine!

1) you really are a lovely bunch of coconuts
2) I want a dog! thanks to ll those ho brought their beautiful canine friends!
3) never play pool against an orger - although it might be worth losing for a dry hump - if you like that kind of thing!
4) don't pull your trousers up without looking around to look 4 people taking pictures :D
5) I want my license even more
6) waterproof gear is brilliant!
7) burgers taste brill in the rain :D
8 ) yeovil and surrounding areas are a lovely part of the world
9) gel seat or not - 5 hours on a ducati will mean a sore ****!
10) cheap tents can be waterproof - but the airbed was an investment that was well worth it!

so ok what were yours???...

MR UKI (1)
06-07-08, 08:24 PM
Don't miss AR09 :)

21QUEST
06-07-08, 08:26 PM
Same as last year......you never use 95% of the cr*p you bring along :rolleyes: :smt003

Ben

Jester666
06-07-08, 08:27 PM
1. Always do something to your hair to make you stand out in photos (Attention Wh0re? Me? Never!!)
2. Ignore all weather advice/TV reporters/websites.
3. Make sure the first timers do the rideout.
4. Don't get too pi55ed on the Friday night!! (Although I failed to remember this from last years experience!)
5. Get decent waterproofs
6. Have an amazing weekend with loads of fantastic people.

I'm sure there's more!! :lol:

BILLY
06-07-08, 08:29 PM
Well even though I brought your tent and didn't take it away I still left with more than I came with;)

BILLY
06-07-08, 08:30 PM
I need to buy a new tent! Mine leaked and was full of snails:rolleyes:

kitten
06-07-08, 08:33 PM
oouuuuccchhhhh
I'm sorry to hear that Billy - how poop!
:cat:

21QUEST
06-07-08, 08:34 PM
Well even though I brought your tent and didn't take it away I still left with more than I came with;)
:cool: ;)

Errr how would a new tent have kept the snails away? :rolleyes: :p

Ben

BILLY
06-07-08, 08:37 PM
oouuuuccchhhhh
I'm sorry to hear that Billy - how poop!
It adds to the fun;) Well listening to the missus moan that all her clothes are wet!

dizzyblonde
06-07-08, 08:37 PM
How to get your bloke out of the tent in the morning??

Let the air out of the airbed\\:D/

Never try to bungee stuff on your bike as your man starts up the Raptor...my ears are still ringing from having the exhaust right next to them!:smt067

BILLY
06-07-08, 08:38 PM
:cool: ;)

Errr how would a new tent have kept the snails away? :rolleyes: :p

Ben
I had fun chucking them at your tent:cool:

Spikenipple
06-07-08, 10:12 PM
1) Make sure your 'waterproof' textiles are actually waterproof before deciding to go on a long ride wearing them
2) Only put on your dry clothes once everything wet has been removed
3) Remember that lots of beer is most definitely a solution to rain, and as such i should choose that option instead of bottling like a poof and going home to my dry and warm bed...no, seriously :takeabow:

Samnooshka
06-07-08, 10:17 PM
1. dogs in kennels... go on bike!!!

nuff said for me really :D can't wait until next year!!

Quiff Wichard
06-07-08, 10:45 PM
Once an orger aways an orger

melody
07-07-08, 05:56 AM
1.Weather forecasts are rubbish.

2. Don't miss AR09.

3. B&B again.:)

cuffy
07-07-08, 06:15 AM
Remember to zip your tent flap whilst the ensuing monsoon is on it's way, wet clothes, buggered phone, damp sleeping bag was the outcome of over indulgence on the mad apple front :drink:
Apart from that a bloody goofd time was had :D

Alpinestarhero
07-07-08, 07:35 AM
Lessons I learnt:

1) me and maria can fit comfortably in our little tent.

2) my restricted engine is actually very capable and loves to rev quite hard. Shame I only really discovered this now, 5 days before derestriction

3) my dads advice of pushing on the inside handlebar if running wide works all the ruddy time. Although that wasnt so much as a lesson, more revision

4) I learnt that I learnt alot from bikesafe about road positioning, and I think that helped loads with keeping up.

5) I learnt that when there are dogs like Lupo and Mina, I actualy really love dogs. Its only the dogs that are scary and agressive and bit toooo playfull that put me off

6) I learnt that everyone is even more brilliant in the real world than they are on the internet forum world :D

Matt

Alpinestarhero
07-07-08, 07:36 AM
1. dogs in kennels... go on bike!!!

nuff said for me really :D can't wait until next year!!

NOOOOOO you have to bring lupo and mina next year

BernardBikerchick
07-07-08, 09:04 AM
1. Always do something to your hair to make you stand out in photos (Attention Wh0re? Me? Never!!)
2. Ignore all weather advice/TV reporters/websites.
3. Make sure the first timers do the rideout.
4. Don't get too pi55ed on the Friday night!! (Although I failed to remember this from last years experience!)
5. Get decent waterproofs
6. Have an amazing weekend with loads of fantastic people.

I'm sure there's more!! :lol:

as the pink tops and red hair seem to be a winning combo maybe next year i should colour my hair PINK too !!!!!!!!!!!

Wideboy
07-07-08, 09:11 AM
don't get absolutely trollied as you miss out on all the fun #-o

neio79
07-07-08, 10:40 AM
1. you dont have to ride like a tw*t all the time to enjoy it. I wish i had slowed down and appriciated the views and the whole group thing a bit more.

2. Stay in a B&B, rain is not fun nor are no showers.

3. You cant get around and speak to all the people you wanted to properly, so many people i wanted to chat to properly but never got the chance to.

4. My bike can actually handle in the wet.

Ed
07-07-08, 10:46 AM
don't get absolutely trollied as you miss out on all the fun #-o

You did look a bit the worse for wear:D

I disagree with Neio. No B&B, camping in the rain IS fun.

neio79
07-07-08, 10:50 AM

well sometimes it is yes, but the no showers bit made it fel like a training exersice that i could do what i wanted on LOL. The novilty of camping in the Rain wore off a long time ago for me. ;)

fizzwheel
07-07-08, 10:54 AM
2. Stay in a B&B, rain is not fun nor are no showers.

That for me was the only thing that went wrong with the weekend. I think Viper and I had a niggly feeling that the woman that owns the campsite was going to go back on what she had agreed on us using the showers.

If she'd have told us a couple of weeks before that she had changed her mind we could have sorted something else out.

by the time we got to site on Friday and found out it was to late to sort anything else out. The landlord of the pub who she is married to was absoloutly fuming he was really cross that she'd let us all down.

Stu
07-07-08, 11:07 AM
No big deal fizz

hovis
07-07-08, 11:14 AM
1) i cant handle my drink

2) girls dont like being called slags and they dont take too kindly to the term "wench";)

neio79
07-07-08, 11:16 AM
No big deal fizz

yeah no worries Fizz, i am a Pongo any how, so a night with out a showere is nothing new, i could still clean my teeh so i was happy LOL .

It was not your fault mate.

Warthog
07-07-08, 11:33 AM
I thought there were showers!? I certainly remember returning to my tent soaking wet so I assumed I had just had one :-P

BernardBikerchick
07-07-08, 12:03 PM
You did look a bit the worse for wear:D

me too coz the snogs get sloppier :D:D:D:D:D

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 12:19 PM
1) Keep your bum to the wall when Bear is around!!
2) Buy a better quality tent
3) Never play Quiff at pool!!
4) Neio is a speed demon!!
5) Grinch has the most body hair i have ever seen!
6) Hovis needs to spend some time in my rehab
7) I like everyone even more having met them.
8) I LOVE RIDING

Grinch
07-07-08, 12:52 PM
5) Grinch has the most body hair i have ever seen!

pmsl... my Grandad is hairier than me...

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 12:52 PM
pmsl... my Grandad is hairier than me...

Is he human??!!

Grinch
07-07-08, 12:58 PM
Points to remember...

1. Extreme hair is good.
2. Amaretto and a hip flash is good.
3. Pitching a tent in the middle of the field is bad.
4. Driving rain and wind will get in your tent and soak your dry clothes.
5. Yeovil Range hill roads bumps will throw you out of your seat.
6. When at the sunny beach you should take your shirt off.
7. The Ape Cafe was a long walk back to my tent.
8. With out Ping or Kim there to egg me on I was surprisingly over dressed for the AR.

Grinch
07-07-08, 01:01 PM
Is he human??!!

We do wonder, plus he has a tendency to get naked at family events.

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 01:05 PM
We do wonder, plus he has a tendency to get naked at family events.

So thats where you get it from then!!

Grinch
07-07-08, 01:39 PM
So thats where you get it from then!!

I'm thought of as the quiet one in my family.

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 01:42 PM
I'm thought of as the quiet one in my family.

But it's the quiet ones you have to look out for!

Grinch
07-07-08, 01:43 PM
Oh and another point... most of important of them all.

Always stand up for a lady when being harassed by a Angry man in a 4x4...

(regardless of how a bit scared you are really...)

hovis
07-07-08, 01:44 PM

what was all that about?

i came round the corner and he was just getting back into his jeep?

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 01:44 PM

+1, well done you :smt021 to the mean old man who shouts at woman

kitten
07-07-08, 01:45 PM

oohhhh what happened there then??? dare I ask?!

07-07-08, 02:00 PM
my lessons learnt..

1.) Sport touring bikes are not comfortable
2.) although they can cruise at fantastic speeds fully loaded..
3.) Camping in the rain is as fun as I remember.. ( and i feel like a right smug ******* as i wrapped all our clothes in bags and none got wet)
4.) Nickwax waterproofing spray works.. all the time
5.) You are all really lloverly people
6.) be more involved in next years AR so feel more a part of it..
7.) Help kitten get licence so we can take 2 bikes and increase our carbon footprint...
8.) you do not need to take much with you as you can always buy what you need where your going...
9.) my fuel tank is italian.. the first half lasts 100 miles.. the second half only 50... (go figure)
10.) I forgot how much I love adventuring and MUST do it more... right.. BMW GS1200 anyone?

missyburd
07-07-08, 02:07 PM
I must get absolutely trollied so we don't miss out on all the fun #-o

:lol:

+1000 :D

1) i cant handle my drink I have photographic evidence/video footage of this fact :smt077

2) girls dont like being called slags and they dont take too kindly to the term "wench";)
No they DON'T sooooo SHUT IT YOU SLAAAAAAAAAAG!! :p:p:p

My lessons learnt...

1) Do not, under any circumstances camp next to/in the same field as Mr BlueFlame :smt021

2) Do invest in a good tent like we did :cool: so it REMAINS pitched at alll times!

3) Definitely attend AR09 :thumleft:

4) Always carry camera with you for maximum evidence of drunken stupidity ;)

5) Remember to pack things-to-cover-up-evidence-of-unwashed-hair just in case world disasters such as a lack of showering facilities should occur #-o :rolleyes:

6) Bring a torch, phone lights are just not good enough :-s

neio79
07-07-08, 02:10 PM

Some bloke got out his 4x4 at a junction and confronted Messie i think it was about something, banged her bike and had a go at her, this is shortly before he realised there was about an other 50 bikes starting to form up behind him, then surprisingly got back in his big 4x4 sharpish. at there time there was only a few of us around so he probably though he was the big man.

We should have all just pulled up got off and between us lifted his car into a field!

neio79
07-07-08, 02:13 PM

+1000 :D

you just like disagreeing with me :p

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 02:13 PM
We should have all just pulled up got off and between us lifted his car into a field!

You mean you couldn't have done this by yourself!! wimp!

missyburd
07-07-08, 02:15 PM
you just like disagreeing with me :p

Perhaps... :D

neio79
07-07-08, 02:20 PM
You mean you couldn't have done this by yourself!! wimp!

unfortunalty i am no super human!!

Perhaps... :D

:smt019:smt019

Viney
07-07-08, 03:33 PM
Hmm, things i have learned

1) Sv's do fly at 110mph
2) When it starts spitting, put your waterproof trousers on (Goes for both me and Verna)
3) We either have too much food or not enough at the BBQ
4) The overall age of the org is younger than i thought
5) E.d is one of the unsung heros of the AR (If it wasnt for her we would have hada wet BBQ)
6) Im either shy or anti social, probably both! I never seem to speak to people at these events other than the ones i know.
7) YZF125's look pretty damn cool
8.) People actually TRAILER thier bikes to meets that only live half hour down the road
9) Scoobs wasnt there
10) I always take too much stuff!
11) That you are all a nice bunch of people and that in the words of Admin " Kevin (The late founder of the 'org') wouldnt believe that what he started as a hobby has grown into this, he would be amazed" And that i agree with 100%

You done him all proud.

Lissa
07-07-08, 03:33 PM
Only one lesson learned from this AR...................they are not to be missed:D

Stu
07-07-08, 04:13 PM
My Lesson learned*
Be at the start point in plenty of time.
2 ARs for me now and I haven't heard one briefing yet - Did I do it right? :smt102

*Please remind me of this before the next one

dizzyblonde
07-07-08, 04:20 PM
1) Do not, under any circumstances camp next to/in the same field as Mr BlueFlame :smt021

6) Bring a torch, phone lights are just not good enough :-s

Grant( Blueflame) was heard next door but 2.....even then we were blamed by Rictus for snoring.....I have a sneaky suspicion that it was him....he was sooooo damn loud:smt021

Always a wind up torch, as it has some odd satisfaction winding it up infront of people, perhaps it winds them up hearing it:tongue:

rictus01
07-07-08, 04:28 PM
Lessons from this year...

1. I am as old as I feel,
2. cripples can put up and take down their own tents (quite proud of that),
3. you can never have to many torches (gave away four)
4. even meeting people you've only seen at last years makes them feel like old friends,
5. not a chance of meeting all those I'd have liked to,
6. Jo ( Mrs Ape) was an angel and kept me in tea and bacon butties,
7. SV1000's make great gazbo anchors,
8. no one is awake after 3am :shock:
9. painful knees an camping aren't the best bedfellows

Cheers Mark.

falc
07-07-08, 05:54 PM
1. Its bloody loud when its raining in the tent.
2. Attempting to cover DD's car in mud isn't a good idea.
3. The gsxr performed well in all conditions despite running on abuse and neglect. (lives a pampered life really)
4. You can never have enough cups of tea, never.
5. Must make more time to see everyone.
6. Everyone was jolly nice and it was great to be around everyone and soak up the great atmosphere. It really was an excellent weekend and was glad to meet everyone and hope to see everyone soon.

Gordon B
07-07-08, 06:06 PM
Still warm Dorset Apple and Ginger cake is the BEST cake ever.

Westons is just overpriced alcoholic slush puppie

Seeing nothing but bikes in front of me, then looking in my mirror and seeing nothing but bikes as far as the eye can see behind as well really is a sight to behold

Hovis. Legend of the org, legend in the flesh. His Blade at max chat was a noise to behold, and he muttered something incoherent to me on Sunday morning on his way back to his tent...

Never, ever get your switch card out in the pub....

Grinch
07-07-08, 06:18 PM

This is what I know...

I was marking a junction and moved up so I didn't block it, Messie pulled up and was a bit distressed. She explained to me that some bloke in a 4x4 tried to run her off the road when she overtook him. I noticed the 4x4 drive up the junction and asked Messie if it was the one, Messie was not to happy to see it.

He pulled up looking miffed and blocked the junction, and I walked over. He got out and went to have a go at Messie, but I blocked his path and in a calm fashion told him he wasn't going to shout at her.

He announced to me that he was a DAS instructor and that she had carved him up, to which I said I didn't know or see what had happened, but shouting at people would not help and I wasn't going to let him over there to have a go at her. He was still getting ars?y and going on about stuff and I just said as a DAS instructor he should know better than to shout at people as it doesn't help and he was distressing her.

At this point I decided to take my helmet off as I might seem a little faceless with it on, and it would not help. Suddenly the conversation seemed to fizzle off, which I didn't think about till later but I imagine that my hair made me seem a bit of a nutter!

He asked who we were and I told him we were from sv650.org and he went back to his car going on about getting 'representation' (Idiot). I told him my name and he just said he didn't care about that.

Then he went...

Now I don't feel like a hero, just someone who did the right thing, so thanks for your kind words Messie and I would do the same for all of you. Even though when truth be told, I was a little scared to face someone up, but I kept my cool and at no point tried to give him any provocation.

I think that explains it all and that its all clear before it all gets mixed up and turns into strange Chinese whispers. Or you can believe that I splayed his ars? kung-fu panda style. :D

BILLY
07-07-08, 06:20 PM
Westons is just overpriced alcoholic slush puppie
So true and it made me forget how I got back to my tent:rolleyes:

Never, ever get your switch card out in the pub....
Dan caught on to this idea as well!! FOOL;)

Messie
07-07-08, 06:26 PM
1. Don't annoy stroppy people in 4 x 4's
2. Take Grinch with me everywhere I go when I might annoy people in 4 x 4's
3. You can get at least 10 people in a 4 man tent
4. Don't allow 10 people into your tent until you've tidied up, specially the knickers
5. Red wine is best consumed in smaller quantities
6. Take my own torch
7. Take my own pump
8. Put the bung in after pumping up airbed
9. Take my own waterproofs
10. Don't annoy stroppy people in 4 x 4's
12. If no-one has a shower for 3 days no-one smells
11. .orgers are the best friends in the world to ride with and sleep in a muddy field with

xx

timwilky
07-07-08, 06:41 PM
+1, well done you :smt021 to the mean old man who shouts at woman

Oi, this mean old man wasn't even there. I was too busy shouting at a woman or two up here.

(And being beaten up by one at stupid O'Clock)

Stig
07-07-08, 07:30 PM
If she'd have told us a couple of weeks before that she had changed her mind we could have sorted something else out.

I wasn't worried. I had no intention of using them anyway. Camping is an excuse to be a minger :wink: And it makes the bath when you get home all the more nicer. :lol:

Lessons learnt :?:

When you have the DVD and fridge on, run the engine more frequently. :oops:

When you know your bike has starting issues, sort them before you leave and don't stall at junctions :oops:

Stig
07-07-08, 07:41 PM
You can get at least 10 people in a 4 man tent

Just what was going on with 10 people in MY tent. It smells wierd.

Messie
07-07-08, 08:02 PM
I blame the Bear

kitten
07-07-08, 09:29 PM
well I'm glad messie was not hurt by the 4 x 4 menace, hmmm it was the hair maybe I can get numbers to do summat wierd with his!
nice one Grinch- knight in shining bike gear etc!

northwind
07-07-08, 10:41 PM
I learned-

1) when you have waterproof luggage, don't put your camera in the only bit which isn't waterproof.
2) Don't put your disco glass down for a second, or you'll never see it again
3) All rideouts should visit the seaside

I learned most of the other key lessons last year-

1) have a tent which isn't s***. Camping in the rain is a lot more fun when you have a dry bed and enough space to keep all your stuff.
2) The benefits of stupid headgear often outweigh the downsides.
3) Don't be last to bed, when you have to ride in about 4 hours.

Stu
07-07-08, 10:48 PM
That disco glass was in the communal tent Sunday morning, I couldn't remember whose it was - don't know what happened to it after that :(

hovis
07-07-08, 10:49 PM
2) Don't put your disco glass down for a second, or you'll never see it again

it was in the mess tent sunday morning

edit opps too slow

northwind
07-07-08, 10:50 PM
Was it still going :D That was a top buy!

hovis
07-07-08, 10:52 PM
Was it still going :D That was a top buy!

dunno?

it was moving and changing colour.

but that might have somthing to do with my hangover:smt100

Stu
07-07-08, 10:56 PM
Was it still going !Er.... no hence my lack of enthusiasm for returning it it to rightfull owner :)

diamond
08-07-08, 05:54 AM
2) Don't put your disco glass down for a second, or you'll never see it again.

It is currently in a box of stuff we found when packing away the communal tent after everyone left. I'll get fizz to bring it up with him when he comes up to your rideout.

We also have at least one mug thats not ours and a camping chair, if any one wants to claim items just drop a pm.

petevtwin650
08-07-08, 08:19 AM
I learned that even a weekend is not enough to meet everybody and check out all the bikes:smt103

Also to wear my waterproofs on the next one cos as soon as we did the rain stopped and when I took em off it pee'd down again.:smt089

northwind
08-07-08, 12:35 PM
Naaaaah, don't worry e.d., it was just a bit of fun, no point in hauling it up

fizzwheel
08-07-08, 12:51 PM
Naaaaah, don't worry e.d., it was just a bit of fun, no point in hauling it up

You sure its not hassle to tuck it under the pillion seat.

Maybe I'll take it to AR09 and leave it behind so it gets passed around the .org :D

BernardBikerchick
08-07-08, 12:56 PM
i learnt that i am ALWAYS feckin cold in a tent no matter what ! had me best bridget jones trolleys on, socks, hoody, boob warmer (aka viney);) and was still flipping cold !

And also I still cannot turn right of left out of junctions without making a plum of myself ! and i CAN'T DO GRAVEL !!! lol thanks to all the strapping men who came to my aid pushing my bike to a normal surface !!

I learnt it was fab to not have a HUGE hangover but felt i missed out a little by bedding it too early, although bear has promised he'll make it up to me :smt103:smt103:D:D

bbc

Luckypants
08-07-08, 01:06 PM
i learnt that i am ALWAYS feckin cold in a tent no matter what ! had me best bridget jones trolleys on, socks, hoody, boob warmer (aka viney);) and was still flipping cold !

Try a sleeping bag next time hun, so much less hassle and a lot warmer too! :kiss:

Spiderman
08-07-08, 01:22 PM
1. I love everyone from this mad place
2. Make time to speak to peeps i dont know / have never met
3. get up and go for a walk, even if it is raining at 4am cos its lovely at that time
4. Take Viney with me to talk to new and interesting people. that way if they are dull we can both say "it aint us...its them"
5. Take some more pics when you have a camera in your pocket
6. Dont loose you summer gloves on the only hot day of the weekend
7. Be gratfull you didnt loose your mid searon waterproof gloves tho.
8. Bring on AR09!!!!!!
9. Being a marker is a huge responsibility only outdont by what fun it is.
10. i love you all.
11. Having choclate hidden in your tent makes you lots of friends :D

Jester666
08-07-08, 02:37 PM
1. .Orgers who appear to be idiots online can be really nice in real life.
2. Take more photos (I took 4, 2 of which were blurred!)
3. Get decent waterproofs.... and wear them!!
4. Dont get too pi55ed on Friday night! (Not learned from last year!)
5. Rain is still wet.
6. Wearing a markers bib allows you to ride like an (safe) idiot.
7. SVs do get airborn!
8. I actually do use the back brake even though it wasn't there!
9. BBC is still as much of a loon as ever. Not even a year has mellowed her!!
10. Messies boobage makes for a very comfortable pillow.
11. Chris8886 is very funny when pi55ed.
12. Get the 1st timers to do the rideout. (Well done Matt & Maria)
13. Grinch & Bear don't need to get naked to have fun.
14. Ping, Anna, Coolgirl, KrazyKim and Devil Biccy were all missed but not forgotten.
15. Foxyinleather is a very apt name!!

neio79
08-07-08, 03:08 PM
15. Foxyinleather is a very apt name!!

even though she was in textiles this time

Jester666
08-07-08, 03:24 PM
True but still foxy!! :lol:

_Stretchie_
08-07-08, 04:27 PM
1 - Don't crash anytime soon before the AR
2 - If you do crash, get replacement bike more than 24 hours before you leave for the AR
3 - Riding on the roof of your car across a wet field when your missus is driving can be hazardous to your health.... Especially if she is a smart R's :silent:

4. Don't get too pi55ed on the Friday night!!

That's one I DID learn

Warthog
08-07-08, 05:06 PM
He asked who we were and I told him we were from sv650.org and he went back to his car

Should have said Bandit owners club :lol:

6) Im either shy or anti social, probably both! I never seem to speak to people at these events other than the ones i know.

I put my tent up next to you, figured out who you were, then kind of smiled to introduce myself but you just looked incredibly hard so I backed off! Sorry, I will say hi next time :)

Stu
08-07-08, 05:13 PM
3 - Riding on the roof of your car across a wet field when your missus is driving can be hazardous to your health.... Especially if she is a smart R's :silent:

Oh what happened? I saw Fizz's photos but obviously not the end? Did she hit the brakes? can't imagine she could stop suddenly in that wet field? Or did she just carry on non stop all the way home ? 8-[

kitten
08-07-08, 05:20 PM
ok well I just wanted to say:

HELLOOOO!

to everybody that I saw and recognised but was too shy to actually say hi to, this was a lot of people!!
next year I will be less shy and more bold! (ggrrrooowwwll)

dizzyblonde
08-07-08, 05:25 PM
ok well I just wanted to say:

HELLOOOO!

to everybody that I saw and recognised but was too shy to actually say hi to, this was a lot of people!!
next year I will be less shy and more bold! (ggrrrooowwwll)

yes its amazing, I have some of them as friends on facebook, and there was soooo many I wanted to get to say hello to, and just didn't get chance, they musta thought i was sooooo rude:(

Lissa
08-07-08, 05:32 PM
yes its amazing, I have some of them as friends on facebook, and there was soooo many I wanted to get to say hello to, and just didn't get chance, they musta thought i was sooooo rude:(

Same here. I tried to catch up with the people I didn't know, but spent so much time catching up with the people I do know, I ran out of time to meet everyone:(

Stig
08-07-08, 10:05 PM
Oh what happened? I saw Fizz's photos but obviously not the end? Did she hit the brakes? can't imagine she could stop suddenly in that wet field? Or did she just carry on non stop all the way home ? 8-[

It was more the antics of Stretchie trying to get on in the first place that was the most funny bit.

Oh and Stretchie, thanks for the assistance but I think it was definitely a case of "we need a bigger car". :lol:

northwind
08-07-08, 11:00 PM
That was brilliant, I was up in the car park talking to one of the old boys with the radio controlled boats...

Him: "Hmm, there's someone on the roof of that car. That's not very clever"
Me: "Don't know who that could be"
Him: "Oh no, it's OK, he's fallen off now"

Alpinestarhero
09-07-08, 07:14 AM
Him: "Oh no, it's OK, he's fallen off now"

:drink: :jocolor:

As long as its ok that he's fallen off, never mind if he hurt himself or anything, the main thing is, he fell off and is no longer on the car :D

petevtwin650
09-07-08, 07:46 AM
:drink: :jocolor:

As long as its ok that he's fallen off, never mind if he hurt himself or anything, the main thing is, he fell off and is no longer on the car :D

Well it was only Stretchie and he was wearing his jacket of invincibility.:D:D

Grinch
09-07-08, 08:29 AM
Well it was only Stretchie and he was wearing his jacket of invincibility.:D:D

I though it was his Jacket of stupidity?

Stu
09-07-08, 10:11 AM
What no photos!

dizzyblonde
09-07-08, 10:14 AM
another lesson

Friday night, Do not attmept to use 'rear wheel drive' on a bike in a muddy field, it almost ended in 'epic fail', in front of people

Sunday morning, laden it up and give it your bloke to ride up even muddier field and warn him of issue. Do not attempt 'rear wheel drive' on Raptor with big tyres, its worse!!

rictus01
09-07-08, 10:23 AM
another lesson

Friday night, Do not attmept to use 'rear wheel drive' on a bike in a muddy field, it almost ended in 'epic fail', in front of people

Sunday morning, laden it up and give it your bloke to ride up even muddier field and warn him of issue. Do not attempt 'rear wheel drive' on Raptor with big tyres, its worse!!

Or of course move bike to hard standing before everyone else ploughs up the field :D

petevtwin650
09-07-08, 10:39 AM
What no photos!

Somewhere in the AR photos Stu. Should find them no problem;):D

Stu
09-07-08, 11:12 AM
Somewhere in the AR photos Stu. Should find them no problem;):D
But I think they stop short of him falling off ;)

Stig
09-07-08, 11:52 AM
Lesson learnt.

Do not park your bike at the other end of a totally muddy field when your bike doesn't start and you are not going to be able to bump start it.

phil24_7
09-07-08, 07:00 PM
Or of course move bike to hard standing before everyone else ploughs up the field :D

+1!

gruntygiggles
10-07-08, 05:32 PM
Hi guys, only just had time to get on t'interweb.
Firstly, sorry if I didn't get round to introducing myself/chatting to you....so many people, so little time. For those I did meet, I agree with everyone else that's posted.....what a fab bunch of misfits!!!

I'll be on a bike myself next year, although the dogs loved it, so who knows??

If you are wondering where the pics of Stretchie falling off the car are, I did that to him at the bottom of the field before the pics were taken. I wish I could say he just messes around like that in company but he doesn't.....he does it all the time....and I mean ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

NO>>>>me and Stretchie did not get engaged.......yes he asked me and I did say yes, but it was nothing more than messing around. I'm not that desperate yet!

Right, off to catch up on other threads, but thanks all for a fantastic weekend and I can't wait for next year!

Cheryl xxx

Bear
12-07-08, 11:02 AM
Bringing "little Bear" out to play was a genius idea: thanks Teresa!
There's not quite enough Bear to go around. I may need to deputize some perverts next year
You're all great
I'm great
You're my best mate you are
I love you man!

phil24_7
12-07-08, 03:35 PM
I'll consider myself deputized then!!