PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend

Pages : [1] 2

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 10:18 AM
Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome at AR. It was so nice to finally meet some people from the org. i have my favourites but i wont name and shame!!

Think I got away quite lightly with Bear after the initial greeting! so I am greatful for that!!

After this weekend, I have no doubts about learning to ride. It has given me such encouragement and insentive to keep practising on my 125 and get onto the SV as soon as possible. So AR09 look out, il be over taking you all!!!

Thank you to the organisers, you did a superb job, you even manage to get the sun to come out for the majority of the ride.

Thank you also to those who rescued our flimsy tent while Phil and I were off site!

Quiff, il beat you next time at Pool!

And finally - Thanks Phil for riding so well with me on the back. Only feared fro my life once or twice!!

THANK YOU

XXXXXXX

Stu
07-07-08, 10:30 AM
Thanks for raising the visual attractiveness level around the campsite :D
Seriously, glad you had great fun, and are inspired to carry on with your own riding :thumbsup:

Ed
07-07-08, 10:43 AM
It was a great weekend, so much fun. Back at work, I feel completely unmotivated. Reriding those ace roads in my mind. The one just after lunch - where we passed the church fete on the way to the A31 - was fantastic:cool: Oh yeah, the one round Corfe Castle was fantastic too.

Alpinestarhero
07-07-08, 10:50 AM
Only feared fro my life once or twice!!

Pah, he wasn't trying hard enough!

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 11:21 AM
Pah, he wasn't trying hard enough!

Well i was supposed to give him a break and go pillion with Neio for a while so Phil could play with the fast boys but I didn't fancy going 145mph on Neios beast of a bike !!!

I think Phil was trying to loose me off the back of the bike!!

Did you see me stood by the side of the road at one point?? I thought he was going to leave me there!!

Warthog
07-07-08, 11:31 AM
Urgh talk about lack of work motivation! I have just been sitting here all day, browsing photos and reliving memories!

Stu
07-07-08, 11:55 AM
Did you see me stood by the side of the road at one point?? I thought he was going to leave me there!!
Someone did say they saw someone kitted up with helmet on etc. & no bike in sight.

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 12:00 PM
Someone did say they saw someone kitted up with helmet on etc. & no bike in sight.

yep that would have been me!!!

BernardBikerchick
07-07-08, 12:04 PM
Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome at AR. It was so nice to finally meet some people from the org. i have my favourites but i wont name and shame!!

Think I got away quite lightly with Bear after the initial greeting! so I am greatful for that!!

After this weekend, I have no doubts about learning to ride. It has given me such encouragement and insentive to keep practising on my 125 and get onto the SV as soon as possible. So AR09 look out, il be over taking you all!!!

Thank you to the organisers, you did a superb job, you even manage to get the sun to come out for the majority of the ride.

Thank you also to those who rescued our flimsy tent while Phil and I were off site!

And finally - Thanks Phil for riding so well with me on the back. Only feared fro my life once or twice!!

THANK YOU

XXXXXXX

go get an sv !!

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 12:09 PM
go get an sv !!

got one, just haven't got the licence yet!!

Quiff Wichard
07-07-08, 12:25 PM

THANK YOU

XXXXXXX

YOU MADAM- CAN BEAT ME ANYTIME

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 12:26 PM
YOU MADAM- CAN BEAT ME ANYTIME

Il remember that! Going to start saving my 50p's from now on!!

Stu
07-07-08, 01:41 PM
yep that would have been me!!!Shame it wasn't me that saw you, I would have given you a lift :D

joshmac
07-07-08, 02:02 PM
Yeah I saw you on the pavement. Would've given you a lift, but wasn't sure it was the best time, having only passed my test a month ago and never taken a pillion before!!
Was good to meet you at the AR, had a :smt042

Josh

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 02:04 PM
Yeah I saw you on the pavement. Would've given you a lift, but wasn't sure it was the best time, having only passed my test a month ago and never taken a pillion before!!
Was good to meet you at the AR, had a :smt042

Josh

hmm prob not the best time to take a pillion but thank you for the offer. Thankfully Phil remembered me and came back for me!!!

Was great to meet you too! Thanks for your pool advise, much more practise needed though!!!

Did you have a good ride home? I was exhausted but kept myself awake in the car by singing along to some tunes!!!

Managed to de-tangle my matted hair after about an hour of brushing and half a bottle of conditioner!! hehe

Hope to see you again

missyburd
07-07-08, 02:14 PM
Good post Kate, was indeed a fantastic weekend! Shame we missed the rideout but we'll deffo be on the next one!

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 02:16 PM
Good post Kate, was indeed a fantastic weekend! Shame we missed the rideout but we'll deffo be on the next one!

Yeah was great to meet you and Mr YC! We were thinking of you having to travel all that way but glad you are back safe n sound!

You'l be on your own bike next time and you and I can pootle along together xx

missyburd
07-07-08, 02:19 PM
Yeah was great to meet you and Mr YC! We were thinking of you having to travel all that way but glad you are back safe n sound!

Hehe, maybe. Would be nice!

You going to Scotland?

joshmac
07-07-08, 02:20 PM
That's true Maria.. next year it wont matter if Chris is a little tired *awwww bless :smt042*
And he calls us "Southern Softies" :rolleyes:

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 02:20 PM
Hehe, maybe. Would be nice!

You going to Scotland?

well that be a very long way for us to go!!! what are the details?

Tara
07-07-08, 02:21 PM
That's true Maria.. next year it wont matter if Chris is a little tired *awwww bless :smt042*
And he calls us "Southern Softies" :rolleyes:

She's Kate

joshmac
07-07-08, 02:22 PM
She's Kate
Yeah I know that, but miss_YC is Maria

missyburd
07-07-08, 02:26 PM
well that be a very long way for us to go!!! what are the details?

Tis about the same distance for us to travel up there as it was to get down to Somerset so if we can do it two-up on a bike, you two can definitely do it with bike and car :p

Have a look here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=106414

Tara
07-07-08, 02:27 PM
Yeah I know that, but miss_YC is Maria

yeah but you qouted Kate

never mind carry on

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 02:31 PM
yeah but you qouted Kate

never mind carry on

you been drinking again T??!!!

Tara
07-07-08, 02:35 PM
you been drinking again T??!!!

Nope not a drop :D

i'm just being an idiot

joshmac
07-07-08, 02:36 PM
yeah but you qouted Kate

never mind carry on
Yeah, but I was quoting what Kate said to Maria about the possibility of Maria being on her own bike for AR09.
So I couldn't quote Maria on something she never said! ;)

Tara
07-07-08, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but I was quoting what Kate said to Maria about the possibility of Maria being on her own bike for AR09.

oh god i can't keep up i'm off

joshmac
07-07-08, 02:38 PM
oh god i can't keep up i'm off
That what intentionally made to be confusing so that I'd win the debate (i do that a lot :D)
So no need to go!!

missyburd
07-07-08, 02:38 PM
Ok we get the gist...gees men just don't admit when they're wrong do they? #runs#

Tara
07-07-08, 02:40 PM
Ok we get the gist...gees men just don't admit when they're wrong do they? #runs#

no never and don't go

joshmac
07-07-08, 02:40 PM
Ok we get the gist...gees men just don't accept defeat when they, and everybody else, knows they're right (unless it's their girlfriend of course) do they? #runs#
Yeah keep going :p
corrected it for ya ;)

Wideboy
07-07-08, 02:50 PM
ooowww.........arrrhh...... this i bloomin heavy :mad:

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 02:52 PM
Miss Yc your so funny!

missyburd
07-07-08, 02:54 PM
Miss Yc your so funny!

Who me? Aww ta :p

joshmac
07-07-08, 02:55 PM
Who me? Aww ta :p
Hmmm, I feel slightly outnumbered here

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 02:59 PM
So nice to be able to put faces to the names now!

Wideboy, didn't see you there, were drunk and slumped in a corner somewhere?

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:05 PM
So nice to be able to put faces to the names now!

Wideboy, didn't see you there, were drunk and slumped in a corner somewhere?
:smt043Understatement of the year goes to.... *drumroll*....Kate:thumright:

missyburd
07-07-08, 03:07 PM

what about Hovis and Drew, they were much worse I'd say!

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:07 PM

oi, i didn't see him so i didn't know!!

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:09 PM
True they were completely smashed, you have the evidence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTHNwcoYxgo :p
Well for Hovis at least

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:12 PM
Pmsl!!!!

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:17 PM
oi, i didn't see him so i didn't know!!
Wasn't havin' a go!

Viney
07-07-08, 03:18 PM
Tis about the same distance for us to travel up there as it was to get down to Somerset so if we can do it two-up on a bike, you two can definitely do it with bike and car :p

Have a look here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=106414Yes but that would mean that they would have to do TWICE the distance in the 1st place.

missyburd
07-07-08, 03:20 PM
Yes but that would mean that they would have to do TWICE the distance in the 1st place.

what there and back you mean? :confused:

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:20 PM
Yes but that would mean that they would have to do TWICE the distance in the 1st place.
So true.. That would be like you and Chris riding down to Yeovil, arriving, forgeting something, riding home, riding back, and then finally riding home again
ish

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:21 PM
what there and back you mean? :confused:
no Plymouth to Scotland is twice the distance from Halifax to Yeovil

missyburd
07-07-08, 03:23 PM
A very good point, sorry Viney and Josh I'm having a terribly blonde day, must still be tired from the weekend :rolleyes:

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:24 PM
Il fly up!!!

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:25 PM
A very good point, sorry Viney and Josh I'm having a terribly blonde day, must still be tired from the weekend :rolleyes:
That's OK, it's expected...your a girl :p *runs very very fast*

missyburd
07-07-08, 03:28 PM
That's OK, it's expected...your a girl :p *runs very very fast*
Oi! :smt021 I've got pictures of you too you know!

Wideboy
07-07-08, 03:29 PM
ooooww there are pics of me here and there

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:29 PM
Hmmm this josh guy needs tobe taught a lesson me thinks!

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:31 PM
Oi! :smt021 I've got pictures of you too you know!
#-o:eek:....go on then, can't think that there are any embarrassing ones :confused:

Doesn't matter tho....by the time you've uploaded them it'll be AR09 :p

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:32 PM
Hmmm this josh guy needs tobe taught a lesson me thinks!
Wideboy mate you've gotta stick with me here!!

Wideboy
07-07-08, 03:33 PM
Wideboy mate you've gotta stick with me here!!

my memory for the past few days is a blur mate, i can barely remember the journey home :confused:

no joke

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:34 PM
#-o:eek:....go on then, can't think that there are any embarrassing ones :confused:

Doesn't matter tho....by the time you've uploaded them it'll be AR09 :p

Oh dear Lord you are asking for an Ar5e kicking!!!

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:35 PM
Oh dear Lord you are asking for an Ar5e kicking!!!
Who?!?! Me?????? :eek:

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:36 PM
my memory for the past few days is a blur mate, i can't even remember the journey home :confused:

no joke
That doesn't matter, I think I've started WW3!!
Need more Man power

hovis
07-07-08, 03:37 PM
That doesn't matter, I think I've started WW3!!
Need more Man power

then.. may i offer some suport?

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:38 PM
Yes!!!!
Roll in the troops :p

Wideboy
i say this be taken to the MT before we get slapped for thread spamming

Kate Moss
was gunna say, you got to Wideboy for man power haha funniest thing i've heard!!! lol

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:40 PM
was gunna say, you got to Wideboy for man power haha funniest thing i've heard!!! lol
OK:nomore::offtopic:
Sorry guys

Although this doesn't mean I'm accepting defeat!!

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:41 PM

Judging by your pic we should all be very afraid!

Wideboy
07-07-08, 03:41 PM
i dont get it

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:43 PM
i dont get it

sssshhhh, don't worry your pretty little head!!

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:43 PM
i dont get it
I think she is saying she's got nothing to worry about, if Hovis going over the springy thing is anything to go by

By the way, what is the MT? :confused:

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:44 PM
Sorry guys

MWOA HA HA HAAAA, VICTORY IS MINE!!!

Bow in my presence you peasant!

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:45 PM
sssshhhh, don't worry your pretty little head!!
Meh, take it as a compliment (despite the patronising tone)

Wideboy
07-07-08, 03:46 PM
MT = megathread

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:46 PM
Sorry guys

Typical...can't even read :p:lol:

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:47 PM
I can read, but men can easily be ignored and they are liars!!!

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:48 PM
I can read, but men can easily be ignored and they are liars!!!
Ah, so when I say how intelligent woman are I'm lying.
All makes sense now

Kate Moss
07-07-08, 03:50 PM
Ah, so when I say how intelligent woman are I'm lying.
All makes sense now

well no, thats not a lie is it!

lily
07-07-08, 03:51 PM

We now have that sign in the lounge of our house?! :rolleyes:

He is so pleased with it...... please upload any embrassing pictures you may have of drew...

O pretty please ;):D

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:52 PM
well no, thats not a lie is it!
Make you mind up....
Men are liars
followed by something that a bloke said>>>>>>
that's not a lie

joshmac
07-07-08, 03:54 PM
I have to go to a drum lesson now, but I'll continue this later
Mwuhahahaha

missyburd
07-07-08, 03:55 PM

He is so pleased with it...... please upload any embrassing pictures you may have of drew...

I'm getting there, there's soooo many!

hovis
07-07-08, 03:55 PM

i nicked a sign too

falc
07-07-08, 06:22 PM
What was this thread about again? ;)

joshmac
07-07-08, 07:24 PM
What was this thread about again? ;)
I have absolutely no idea!! 8-[

phil24_7
07-07-08, 07:38 PM
Yet again, a thread that my girlfriend is in veers massively off topic!!

*MODS - I think Kate should be locked out of all posts unless they're in the megathread!*

joshmac
07-07-08, 07:40 PM
Yet again, a thread that my girlfriend is in veers massively off topic!!

*MODS - I think Kate should be locked out of all posts unless they're in the megathread!*
I think that's fair :razz:
(only joking kate)

phil24_7
07-07-08, 09:12 PM
got one, just haven't got the licence yet!!

Think you'll find that I have 2 SV's until I give you Ebony!

joshmac
07-07-08, 09:13 PM
Now that's just harsh :thumbsup:

northwind
07-07-08, 11:01 PM

Yup, we did pretty much that ride yesterday and it's a big bash in one go- but it doesn't have to be one go, I think a lot of people are planning to stop over on the way up, like we did on the way down to the AR. If you do it that way you can make the ride a bit more fun, instead of grinding the M6 from end to end. Personally if it was me, I'd make a longer weekend of it, that's what we planned for the AR originally.

Another option is bike hire, of course- fly and ride. It'd probably be cheaper than petrol :thumbsup: I'll be looking into this a bit more over the next couple of days

Pop into the Glencoe Massacre thread (see my sig) or drop me a line if you're thinking about it, or even wondering if it's doable. It's definately a big ride but it should be a great weekend.

joshmac
07-07-08, 11:33 PM
Yup, we did pretty much that ride yesterday and it's a big bash in one go- but it doesn't have to be one go, I think a lot of people are planning to stop over on the way up, like we did on the way down to the AR. If you do it that way you can make the ride a bit more fun, instead of grinding the M6 from end to end. Personally if it was me, I'd make a longer weekend of it, that's what we planned for the AR originally.

Another option is bike hire, of course- fly and ride. It'd probably be cheaper than petrol :thumbsup: I'll be looking into this a bit more over the next couple of days

Pop into the Glencoe Massacre thread (see my sig) or drop me a line if you're thinking about it, or even wondering if it's doable. It's definately a big ride but it should be a great weekend.
Awwww, just realised that I'm in portugal on the 16th :(/:)
Would've been tempted as I had such a good time at the AR08, although 8+ hours saddle time doesn't sound too appealing. Bike hire wouldn't have been an option as I'm only 17 and on a restricted license.
Oh well :roll:

Kate Moss
08-07-08, 08:04 AM

Well hurry up and give it to me then.

xx

joshmac
08-07-08, 11:44 AM

xx
Why would he do that :p, it would take away all his power!! ;)

Kate Moss
08-07-08, 11:49 AM
Why would he do that :p, it would take away all his power!! ;)

look, i wear the trousers in our relationship! he never has ALL the power!!!

joshmac
08-07-08, 11:52 AM
look, i wear the trousers in our relationship! he never has ALL the power!!!
:) So you have most of the power no? So when he gives you your bike, he will lose what little power he has left!!
He won't stand a chance :smt103;)

Kate Moss
08-07-08, 11:54 AM
:) So you have most of the power no? So when he gives you your bike, he will lose what little power he has left!!
He won't stand a chance :smt103;)

Come on, you met him on the weekend, who do you think holds the power in our relationship really??!!
What does he need to sv's for anyway!

joshmac
08-07-08, 11:55 AM
Come on, you met him on the weekend, who do you think holds the power in our relationship really??!!
What does he need to sv's for anyway!
True

falc
08-07-08, 01:22 PM
who do you think holds the power in our relationship really??!!

The cat (or household pet)

This thread has gone a bit off topic mind

joshmac
08-07-08, 01:29 PM
Come on, you met him on the weekend.....

Still sort of related to the weekend though, no? :p

(I'll get my coat)

missyburd
08-07-08, 03:10 PM

xx

thought this was a u-rated site? :p

joshmac
08-07-08, 03:13 PM
:smt046
Doesn't say you can't twist people's words to make you hear what you want to hear ;) (dirty mind you)

phil24_7
08-07-08, 05:18 PM
look, i iron the trousers in our relationship! he has ALL the power!!!

What does he need two sv's for anyway!

The cat (or household pet)

Hey, it's Kates thread so surely it can go wherever she chooses, and besides, any thread she gets involved in turns into megathread material!!!

Tis U-rated but inuendo and double entandre is ok!!

joshmac
08-07-08, 05:22 PM
Haha, Brilliant :D