PDA

View Full Version : BSB Cadwell Park August 23rd - 25th

Jdubya
11-07-08, 06:00 PM
I'm looking at going up to cadwell for this...anyone else going to be at this one?

gemma1675
18-08-08, 07:48 AM
Yes we are going to race day. Not sure if we will be riding or driving yet, will wait and see a weather forecast later in the week.

punyXpress
22-08-08, 09:54 PM
Hoping to go on Sunday with daughter ( on Yellow curvey N )

aarond
24-08-08, 04:49 PM
was there today and will be again tommorrow but all alone as my friend came off his bike! Biked down from fraserburgh on black curvy

pmapp
24-08-08, 07:31 PM
Howdy, I'll be there with the wife tomorrow. I'll be lurking around the Hendersons marquee most of the day I think. Going in the car this time.

ThEGr33k
25-08-08, 06:13 AM
Im going... Ill be setting off now in a few mins :D

Sevorg
25-08-08, 09:23 PM
Who went then? I did. Saw The Gr33k (Hi Nick) when I got there. Uncanny really. We parked within about 6 bikes of each other. A fantastic days racing. Real shame about the casualties from R1's and Supersport though. I was sat on the banking adjacent the start/finish. Always a good spot for watching action on The Mountain opposite. Nice to see the Red Arrow fly over but did anyone else consider if they were a couple of minutes earlier they might have hit the air ambulance. Oooh nasty!!! Roll on next yr.

rob13
25-08-08, 09:38 PM
I was supposed to be going this year, had to make do with watching it on TV. Hoping to be at Croft fingers crossed. Sad news that James Dye in the BSS is in a critical condition this evening. Lets hope for a better outcome than the news from Brands.

coombest
26-08-08, 02:13 PM
Who went then? I did. Saw The Gr33k (Hi Nick) when I got there. Uncanny really. We parked within about 6 bikes of each other. A fantastic days racing. Real shame about the casualties from R1's and Supersport though. I was sat on the banking adjacent the start/finish. Always a good spot for watching action on The Mountain opposite. Nice to see the Red Arrow fly over but did anyone else consider if they were a couple of minutes earlier they might have hit the air ambulance. Oooh nasty!!! Roll on next yr.

The arrows did seem close, I agree, but in the morning's briefing we were reminded that the red arrows were due for their fly-past at 16:29, as stated in our Operations Guide... The Red Arrows peide themselves on never being late!

When the medevac was being arranged and executed, 'time checks' were being requested every few minutes and then were counted down every 30 seconds before the helicopter took off. Stuart (or someone on circuit) will have also had comms with the arrows or their coordinator, as well as air traffic control... You'll also notice that they flew over the top stright/mountain and the helicopter took off over the verge where you were watching from... Air displays have previously happened over the start/finish straight.

Was a good weekend, except for the three airlifts required & the fact that I've only been home 2 hours instead of last night!

Get well son James Dye, Stu Wilson (who's due to get married on Friday!) and Yaron Salinger.

ThEGr33k
26-08-08, 03:33 PM
Aye nice to see you again mate! I think that camera that I mentioned was a bloody weather thing... So should be safe I hope.

I was sat on start finish. Its crazy having the screaming 4's and then the Ducati's in the middle, they never sound like they are reving at all. Its wierd to listen and then watch them going. ha ha.

over all a good day out, a very long one though.

rob13
26-08-08, 04:10 PM
I did enjoy the KTMs at the end. Makes interesting viewing in comparison to the usual superbike fare.

ThEGr33k
27-08-08, 09:59 PM
I did enjoy the KTMs at the end. Makes interesting viewing in comparison to the usual superbike fare.

Indeed. The gound dont half Shake with those roaring around the place!