PDA

View Full Version : update on my little cousin

Pages : [1] 2

Paws
16-07-08, 10:12 PM
as a few of you know/will remember- few moths ago we found out my 13 year cousin is pregnant,
thought it was time for a update
The boyfriend is no longer on the scene (no suprises there!) :rolleyes:, and best bit that you gotto laugh at is hes having councelling!!! :confused::neutral::rolleyes:

Shes been hospital a few times as baby stopped kicking/moving-turned out it had just turned round and was kicking her in the back :rolleyes:
Its a little boy-no name yet.

Shes in hospital at mo with a catherter in as its squashing her bladder-leaving docs to thinks shes alot further along then they thought-as in shes only got 4 weeks to go :pale:, she doesnt seem to KNOW when it would have happened meaning it wasnt a "one off/first time accident" :rolleyes:

she STILL doing the "if i shut my eyes/ears it'll go away/its not happening" and will sit round my nans with a cushion over her bump.

Find out 2moz (i think) if shes gonna have to have him by c-section :pale:, due to her age/size (shes tiny-about a size 8-10), if it is by c-section itl be general and epidural.

chakraist
16-07-08, 10:23 PM
Bloody hell, good luck with all that. My cousin had a kid at 16 and she doesn't know the father's name to this day, and he's a wonderful little boy. She did the whole burying head in sand thing too and she snapped out of it. Hopefully it'll work out for her :)

tanis34
17-07-08, 05:48 AM
another so called man who couldent stand up to his responsabilities glad that
things are going a bit better ,i did think about how things were getting on the other week , well lots of:grouphug: for the near future i hope it all goes well
paul

muffles
17-07-08, 07:48 AM
If you're gonna play football you gotta look after the pitch...or something like that.

What's he having counselling for? Sounds like it's better off that he's out of her life to be honest...

Tiger 55
17-07-08, 07:52 AM
Its a little boy-no name yet.
What about 'Tiger'?

Just a thought...

Alpinestarhero
17-07-08, 07:56 AM
Blimey, its all go in PawsLand. Terrible situation for your cousin to be in, but then some of the responsibility does lie with her, and the rest lies with the boyfreind - who's a sod for clearing off. But then they are both young, and the looming responsibility is enough to make anyone want to run away at that age (dosn't make it right though)

I hope the little boy is brought into the world succesfully, and I wish him all the best and hope that he gets all the love and care an innocent newborn deserves, and hopefully he can be sheilded from any potential trouble concerning who-gets-what-access-when and stuff like that. Good luck to your cousin aswell for the birth; sounds like its gonna be very stressful for her.

keithd
17-07-08, 08:00 AM
What about 'Tiger'?

Just a thought...

is it yours then?

suzsv650
17-07-08, 08:20 AM
13...:o:eek:

Baph
17-07-08, 08:48 AM
docs to thinks shes alot further along then they thought-as in shes only got 4 weeks to go :pale:, she doesnt seem to KNOW when it would have happened meaning it wasnt a "one off/first time accident" :rolleyes:

she STILL doing the "if i shut my eyes/ears it'll go away/its not happening" and will sit round my nans with a cushion over her bump.

Whilst not being her first time, this is definately the first time an accident has happened. Perhaps it's because I'm outside the situation, but the stuff that's happened has happened. Aint no point crying over spilt milk etc.

As for the Ostrich Effect, generally speaking, the moment a new mother sees her first born for the very first time, is a revolutionary life changing moment. Many a first time mother suddenly realises the situation, and acts accordingly. Hopefully this will be the case here.

The father (note "father" not "dad")? Maybe he needs a chat with K. Her solution to most things seems appropriate.

Sounds like it's better off that he's out of her life to be honest...

For the initial situation, certainly. However, if he's not around later on, it will undoubtedly have a massive impact on the little lad. All anyone can do for this is to support the mother, as undoubtedly questions will arise such as "Who is my dad?" and "Why aren't you & my dad together anymore?" and I wouldn't be supprised if "Were you planning to have me, or was it an accident?" or worse still came up. Non of those questions are easy for any parent to answer - regardless of age.

Bear
17-07-08, 09:00 AM
Well, I feel that I may have a unique take on this one...

My mum had me at 14, with the love and support of her parents she raised me without the help of a father figure into the guy you all know and love today...

Now I'm not saying it wasn't without it's difficulties, and it may be that the kid turns out just like me*, so warn her about that, but it may be OK in the long run.

*A key sign of this will be if it's first words are "Mmmmmm... Boobs..."

Alpinestarhero
17-07-08, 09:04 AM
Well, I feel that I may have a unique take on this one...

My mum had me at 14, with the love and support of her parents she raised me without the help of a father figure into the guy you all know and love today...

Hi Daddy Bear :smt081

Yea, this is what I hope - the kid is gonna be born with all this controversy surrounding him, and I hope that he will still be loved etc, not be a scapegoat for anger or things like that because of the circumstances in which he was conceived.

hovis
17-07-08, 11:38 AM
so the pedo gets away with it plus gets counciling? what for to stop him being a nonse?

Ping
17-07-08, 11:48 AM
As long as the little 'un gets love, he'll turn out fine.

I don't know who my real dad is and tbh I only wonder about him every now and then. My eldest niece tracked down her dad (my sister had her at 16) and after a while he pushed her away to get on with his life and new family. Probably better that the boy in this case has scarpered. If things aren't planned with him in mind, only to have him run at a later stage everything should work out with the least difficulty.

It's unfortunate that the girl's ended up with this so early on, but it's not all over for her. With support she'll get through.

keithd
17-07-08, 11:57 AM
so the pedo gets away with it plus gets counciling? what for to stop him being a nonse?

calm down caveman! you can put your torches away for a bit....if i recall from the original thread the father isn't a 25 year old "adult" he's of similar age.

hovis
17-07-08, 12:00 PM
calm down caveman! you can put your torches away for a bit....if i recall from the original thread the father isn't a 25 year old "adult" he's of similar age.

17 or 18 i belive........ so you think this is ok?

Jdubya
17-07-08, 12:01 PM
...caveman! you can put your torches away for a bit....

I like that:smt005

Ping
17-07-08, 12:06 PM
'kin 'ell... that's awful... :o

keithd
17-07-08, 12:20 PM

no i dont. but im not going to sit here and judge without knowing everything (ok very unlike me i know!). you believe it to be 17 or 18? so it could be 15 or 16? so there may only be 2 years between them? ...

21QUEST
17-07-08, 12:22 PM
Here we go peeps :rolleyes: ;)

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=110435

Ben

Baph
17-07-08, 12:49 PM
no i dont. but im not going to sit here and judge without knowing everything (ok very unlike me i know!). you believe it to be 17 or 18? so it could be 15 or 16? so there may only be 2 years between them? ...
Lets face it, a 16 year old (of either gender) being intimate with a 15 year old (again, of either gender) is legally pedophillia.

I don't think many people in their right mind would go down that road over such a close age "gap" though.

cuffy
17-07-08, 12:53 PM
It takes 2 to tango, as it was a "consenting relationship" you can't blame him solely.

timwilky
17-07-08, 01:04 PM
As I said in the original thread about my lads girlfriend, she with no preggy bump produced an unexpected bundle an hour after waters broke. Us blokes can comment in blissful ignorance about the process. However, the way nature intended is obviously best even if she is "small".

As for the future. There will be a child. Has she accepted that she is to be a mum. That it is a full time occupation, that she still needs to go to school, balance it with being a mum etc.

Whilst there is some help out there, it is never enough.

I just hope all her friends see what she is going through and say "Not for me" rather than the "That looks like fun, I think I will have a baby too"

muffles
17-07-08, 01:13 PM
Lets face it, a 16 year old (of either gender) being intimate with a 15 year old (again, of either gender) is legally pedophillia.

I don't think many people in their right mind would go down that road over such a close age "gap" though.

I *think* actually it's not legally paedophilia - to be a paedophile you are intentionally looking for the features, behaviour, etc of a child as opposed to an adult, so I think it is set to 12 years old or below (many teenagers below 16 can look & behave like adults). Stand to be corrected though.

It's besides the point though, as regardless the law says that people below 16 cannot consent, so saying the 13 year old consented doesn't hold water in court.

Baph
17-07-08, 01:21 PM
I *think* actually it's not legally paedophilia - to be a paedophile you are intentionally looking for the features, behaviour, etc of a child as opposed to an adult, so I think it is set to 12 years old or below (many teenagers below 16 can look & behave like adults). Stand to be corrected though.

It's besides the point though, as regardless the law says that people below 16 cannot consent, so saying the 13 year old consented doesn't hold water in court.
The legal definition of a pedophile is "An adult who indulges in sexual acts with a minor child and attains sexual gratification." Speaking legally, in sexual terms, an "adult" is someone aged over the age of consent - as you said, 16. Also a "child" or "minor" is someone below the age of consent.

Regardless of if the age difference is two days, it's still legally pedophillia.

But you're right on the consent issue - which is probably why the giant scrotum has sought councelling, to mitigate any comeback because of the consent issue.

melody
17-07-08, 01:24 PM
As others have said, with much support, this young girl can make it. It is unfortunate that this has happened so early on in her life, but what's done is done and soon there'll be a new baby to give much love to.

It's amazing how strong the maternal instinct can be. When she sees her baby for the first time, it may indeed be the making of her.

I wish her all the best.

muffles
17-07-08, 01:26 PM
The legal definition of a pedophile is "An adult who indulges in sexual acts with a minor child and attains sexual gratification." Speaking legally, in sexual terms, an "adult" is someone aged over the age of consent - as you said, 16. Also a "child" or "minor" is someone below the age of consent.

Regardless of if the age difference is two days, it's still legally pedophillia.

But you're right on the consent issue - which is probably why the giant scrotum has sought councelling, to mitigate any comeback because of the consent issue.

It may well have been a different country's laws or something in that case - it was basically to prevent the issue that this guy would be labelled a paedophile rather than a 'standard' (if there is such a thing) sex offender. Whilst what he did was wrong, given he knew her age, he wasn't getting aroused by the fact she was a child (as far as I know anyway!).

Re: the counselling - you mean so he can say he was traumatised by it?

muffles
17-07-08, 01:29 PM
Actually I think this might give a few clues: http://www.crimeinfo.org.uk/servlet/factsheetservlet?command=viewfactsheet&factsheetid=100&category=factsheets

Bit of a nasty thing to read but it says attraction to adolescents 13 and above is something different to paedophilia.

I'm going to stop going into this now though, not a very nice topic!

Neeja
17-07-08, 02:02 PM
Sexual attraction to adolescents is ephebophilia, though as previously mentioned, the law doesn't seem to take this into account as it views anyone below 16 as a child.

Biker Biggles
17-07-08, 02:11 PM
Irrespective of all the moralising I hope your family can make it all work Paws.Good luck.

Paws
17-07-08, 02:38 PM
Cheers guys,
yes the father is 18 :rolleyes:
As far as im aware (as im still not on speaking terms with her-harsh maybe but its my choice-end of) is that the little boy will be adopted once hes born, cosuin does have final decision/say in it-but thats the plan for the mo.

carty
17-07-08, 02:50 PM
I hope it all works out well and if she decides to keep it and she's happy then great....but I don't understand why she would be planning to have the baby and then put it up for adoption? Surely it would have been better just to have an abortion rather than bring an unwanted baby in to an already over-crowded world?

I don't mean to sound harsh, I just don't get it! :confused::(

Stu
17-07-08, 03:01 PM
Adopted - Far be it for me to judge, but that does lift my spirits.

Re, being small, for a 13 yr old to be verging on a size 10 would be verging on clinically obese AFAIC => as nature intended - might make her think what she's putting up there after what comes out

Stu
17-07-08, 03:05 PM
I hope it all works out well and if she decides to keep it and she's happy then great....but I don't understand why she would be planning to have the baby and then put it up for adoption? Surely it would have been better just to have an abortion rather than bring an unwanted baby in to an already over-crowded world?

You selfish barst*** abortion is wrong for a reason, together with, think of all the childless couples out there which makes one additional human in this overcrowded* world pale into insignificance

*overcrowding is not even true throughout the UK

hovis
17-07-08, 03:09 PM
you believe it to be 17 or 18? so it could be 15 or 16? so there may only be 2 years between them? ...

yes the father is 18 :rolleyes:

carty
17-07-08, 03:11 PM
abortion is wrong for a reason

What reason?!

Stu
17-07-08, 03:13 PM
It's murder of a viable life

keithd
17-07-08, 03:15 PM

go on.....

carty
17-07-08, 03:18 PM

Ok then :rolleyes:...we're obviously not gonna get very far on this one so I'll not even go there. This is about someone potentially giving up a child that they didn't intend to conceive and don't want to raise themselves, not the rights and wrongs of abortion.

Flamin_Squirrel
17-07-08, 03:18 PM

Keep your ignorant christian views to yourself thanks.

sarah
17-07-08, 03:19 PM

Keep your ignorant christian views to yourself thanks.

You don't have to be a Christian to believe that.

Neeja
17-07-08, 03:19 PM
abortion is wrong for a reasonWhat reason?!

Anyone else think this thread is in very serious danger of being derailed completely here?

Gazza77
17-07-08, 03:20 PM
Anyone else think this thread is in very serious danger of being derailed completely here?

+1 :rolleyes:

carty
17-07-08, 03:20 PM

Nope...see post 38 :p

hovis
17-07-08, 03:22 PM

you believe it to be 17 or 18? so it could be 15 or 16? so there may only be 2 years between them? ...

go on.....

i was just pointing out he was 18

HTH

Flamin_Squirrel
17-07-08, 03:27 PM
You don't have to be a Christian to believe that.

Of course, but the odds are it's the case.

keithd
17-07-08, 03:30 PM
i was just pointing out he was 18

HTH

ok, thanks.

still no ocean apart. do you know if he knew her real age? does she look 16? you ever made a mistake guessing a womans' age?

sarah
17-07-08, 03:32 PM
It's interesting to see how the age of consent varies across the world. (http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm)

Ping
*keeps a beady eye on this thread*

Neeja
ok, thanks.

still no ocean apart. do you know if he knew her real age? does she look 16? you ever made a mistake guessing a womans' age?

Paraphrasing a comedian:

"But officer, she swore that she was over 16! She looked it and everything, really, you'd never believe she was any younger!"

"That may be so, but it's no excuse for stabbing her."

hovis
17-07-08, 03:34 PM
ok, thanks.

probaly, but i have not got a child pregnant

carty
17-07-08, 03:35 PM
ok, thanks.

IIRC from the original thread the boy knew damn well she was 13. Whether she looks 16 is irrelevant, as is whether Hovis has made a mistake guessing a woman's age in the past. As far as I'm aware, Hovis isn't awaiting the fruits of his loins to spring from a minor....

Alpinestarhero
17-07-08, 03:37 PM
There is sometimes justified cause for abortion. Yes, it does mean that you end a life; but I would rather not bring a child into the world where it will not be loved, will suffer cruelty, will not be able to be looked after properly. This dosn't mean that unborn children with pre-diagnosed problems (i.e. downs syndrome etc) should be automaticaly aborted, because they can still be given a good quality of life and be loved.

I'm not very good at arguing my point, but I believe that under certain curcumstances abortion is a viable option.

But it is a very serious option, and giving your child up for adoption is a better idea.

I'll go away now

Bear
17-07-08, 03:38 PM
Yeah Stu, coz everyone knows all unwanted babies find loving foster parents and live happily ever after...

Let's move these discussions elsewhere to try to keep this one on track: see here:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1571282#post1571282

keithd
17-07-08, 03:42 PM
IIRC from the original thread the boy knew damn well she was 13. Whether she looks 16 is irrelevant, as is whether Hovis has made a mistake guessing a woman's age in the past. As far as I'm aware, Hovis isn't awaiting the fruits of his loins to spring from a minor....

just trying to find out where i said that....hmm ah i asked if he's made a mistake with a womans age...ah yep. i can see how you twisted that. my bad!

if the above is correct she was 13 at time of conception, he was 18 and knew it then he's a bad boy. its my opinion this doesnt make him a paedophile nor a "nonce"

Messie
17-07-08, 06:22 PM
Paws - I send you and your cousin all the best wishes and hugs for a happy healthy outcome to this. There's a very good chance all will be well.

Please don't think me speaking out of turn but have a think about building bridges with your cousin. You could be a very positive and comforting role model for her. She could find a lot of support from you. Hope you don't mind me saying

hovis
17-07-08, 07:07 PM
if the above is correct she was 13 at time of conception, he was 18 and knew it then he's a bad boy. its my opinion this doesnt make him a paedophile nor a "nonce"

why not?

Paws
17-07-08, 07:59 PM

baby was not planned!! shes 13 mate :rolleyes:, abortion was discussed but when they took her docs thehy discovered she was way too far to be able to do anything (as in she was 6-7 moths gone)-apparently she "didnt know" :rolleyes:
I dont think he will be unwanted as their will be a couple out there who cant have a baby/afford ivf and so can adopt him

Paws
17-07-08, 08:00 PM
Adopted - Far be it for me to judge, but that does lift my spirits.

Re, being small, for a 13 yr old to be verging on a size 10 would be verging on clinically obese AFAIC => as nature intended - might make her think what she's putting up there after what comes out

ermm howd you work out that she'd be obese as shes a size 8-10?? ever thought she might be tall?? shes nearly taller than me and im 5ft 5/ 5ft 6, her das well over 6ft 6 so shes gonna be a tall lass so is right weight etc.

Paws
17-07-08, 08:02 PM
Paws - I send you and your cousin all the best wishes and hugs for a happy healthy outcome to this. There's a very good chance all will be well.

Please don't think me speaking out of turn but have a think about building bridges with your cousin. You could be a very positive and comforting role model for her. She could find a lot of support from you. Hope you don't mind me saying

Course i dont mind huni, until its all over and done with im staying well out of it all but time will tell.xx

Paws
17-07-08, 08:04 PM
Right update:

shes still in hosp, they are doing a scan on her kidneys and bladder as they arent happy (not sure if it due to baby squashing them or infection), also her glucose levels are v high and her dad is diabetic so running lots of tests at mo!
Consultant has now said he would rather she has a natural birth-no c section.

Paws
17-07-08, 08:04 PM
Yeah Stu, coz everyone knows all unwanted babies find loving foster parents and live happily ever after...

Let's move these discussions elsewhere to try to keep this one on track: see here:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1571282#post1571282

cheers bear :thumleft:

gettin2dizzy
17-07-08, 08:05 PM
It's interesting to see how the age of consent varies across the world. (http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm)
Reminds me. I MUST get my passport revalidated. :cool:

sarah
17-07-08, 08:11 PM
ermm howd you work out that she'd be obese as shes a size 8-10?? ever thought she might be tall?? shes nearly taller than me and im 5ft 5/ 5ft 6, her das well over 6ft 6 so shes gonna be a tall lass so is right weight etc.

So she's not really your little cousin then?

Paws
17-07-08, 08:14 PM
So she's not really your little cousin then?

lol, she should be but yes it looks like she will be taller than me :rolleyes:, not good when shes 14 and im 23 lol

carty
18-07-08, 09:19 AM
baby was not planned!! shes 13 mate :rolleyes:, abortion was discussed but when they took her docs thehy discovered she was way too far to be able to do anything (as in she was 6-7 moths gone)-apparently she "didnt know" :rolleyes:
I dont think he will be unwanted as their will be a couple out there who cant have a baby/afford ivf and so can adopt him

I know she didn't plan to get pregnant. But she has planned to have it. Fair enough if she didn't find out until after they would be allowed to terminate it, then of course, barring any complications she has to have it.

Again, this isn't meant to cause offence, I'm just interested, but how the heck does a 5"6', size 8-10 girl not notice she's pregnant until 6-7 months? How did no-one else notice? I think she must have known herself before that time and was scared to go to the docs. Ergo, she planned to keep it.

I do agree with the person who posted that you should maybe try and build bridges before the birth. If she does keep it no woman can resist a new-born baby so you'll want to see it / her. If she doesn't keep it (it's possible you might never even see it if she does give it away immediately?) then it would be good for her to get family support and try to help her make sure the situation doesn't arise again.

Cheers,
Matt

Stu
18-07-08, 09:47 AM
Sorry, I thought you would spot my grosse exageration of size 10 being considered obese, but my point is even more valid then that hopefully natural would be best.
Right update:

shes still in hosp, they are doing a scan on her kidneys and bladder as they arent happy (not sure if it due to baby squashing them or infection), also her glucose levels are v high and her dad is diabetic so running lots of tests at mo!
Consultant has now said he would rather she has a natural birth-no c section.
I wish her well
cheers bear :thumleft:
errr, 8-[ I hope that was for the other thread (a very good idea) rather than the sarcastic comment which I feel was a little harsh :(
edited for lenth There is a vast difference from being in denial and planning. If someone was in mortgage arrears and couldn't face opening letters from the bank, I would describe that as 'planning' to move out of their house.

carty
18-07-08, 09:57 AM
There is a vast difference from being in denial and planning. If someone was in mortgage arrears and couldn't face opening letters from the bank, I would describe that as 'planning' to move out of their house.

For clarity, do you mean would, or do you mean wouldn't?

Ping
18-07-08, 10:44 AM
If she does keep it no woman can resist a new-born baby so you'll want to see it / her.

Beg to differ on this point. [-X

Iansv II
18-07-08, 11:21 AM

You're my hero :p

Stu
18-07-08, 11:49 AM
For clarity, do you mean would, or do you mean wouldn't?
yup of course I mean wouldn't describe that as planning, just being in denial ;)

Stu
18-07-08, 11:50 AM
Why just one point of any of his views :smt102

Bear
18-07-08, 11:56 AM
errr, 8-[ I hope that was for the other thread (a very good idea) rather than the sarcastic comment which I feel was a little harsh :(

Wasn't meant to come across as harsh, but your comment seemed to have little relation to the realities of life for abandoned kids. I get a little annoyed at people who are pro-life because it's a very black and white thing: all life is sacred and abortion is murder. In my opinion (and it is only an opinion) I am pro choice. A woman has a right to decide what she does with her body and no-one should be able to limit those decisions.

timwilky
18-07-08, 11:59 AM
Again, this isn't meant to cause offence, I'm just interested, but how the heck does a 5"6', size 8-10 girl not notice she's pregnant until 6-7 months? How did no-one else notice? I think she must have known herself before that time and was scared to go to the docs. Ergo, she planned to keep it.

My sons girlfriend did not know she was pregnant even when she was splashing her boots.

I had seen her the week before and did not notice. She was a size 8 all the way through her pregnancy. No tummy, no stretch marks. She was actually out on her horse when her waters went.

But being blond, she turned round to her mum and said. "Mum, I am weeing and cannot stop". Not a clue. Still she was let out of the maternity next day to do her GCSEs

carty
18-07-08, 12:39 PM
My sons girlfriend did not know she was pregnant even when she was splashing her boots.

I had seen her the week before and did not notice. She was a size 8 all the way through her pregnancy. No tummy, no stretch marks. She was actually out on her horse when her waters went.

But being blond, she turned round to her mum and said. "Mum, I am weeing and cannot stop". Not a clue. Still she was let out of the maternity next day to do her GCSEs

I'm amazed. :-#

21QUEST
18-07-08, 01:25 PM
I'm amazed. :-#

But the important thing is, you learnt something new today :D ;)

Ben

carty
18-07-08, 01:40 PM

Ben

I have indeed. I've learnt that some women appear to have no conscious knowledge of their own bodies!

I can tell if I'm gonna get a cold next week. :|

Ping
18-07-08, 02:44 PM
Why just one point of any of his views :smt102
Because it's the only one that I feel strongly enough about to mention. I'm not interested in babies and don't like having it thought of as 'general knowledge' that just because I'm female means I go all soft and gooey at the sight of a sprog.

:p

Generalisation is a pet hate of mine.

Paws
18-07-08, 02:52 PM
I know she didn't plan to get pregnant. But she has planned to have it. Fair enough if she didn't find out until after they would be allowed to terminate it, then of course, barring any complications she has to have it.

I do agree with the person who posted that you should maybe try and build bridges before the birth. If she does keep it no woman can resist a new-born baby so you'll want to see it / her. If she doesn't keep it (it's possible you might never even see it if she does give it away immediately?) then it would be good for her to get family support and try to help her make sure the situation doesn't arise again.

Cheers,
Matt

Because she didnt/wasnt showing-trteacle will back me up on this as he saw her few weeks before it all came out (her mum didnt with her up until about 3 weeks from when she was due)
Was still having her periods....so how would she know/any of us tell?
And ermm please dont think ALL women want babies, id ont ta, i dont go all gooey etc over newborns and certainly do not want children of my own, fully qualified nursery nurse means i can hand them back at the end of the day and thats enough for me.

Paws
18-07-08, 02:53 PM

yes it was for the other thread. :)

Paws
18-07-08, 02:54 PM

im with ping on that aswell

Paws
18-07-08, 02:56 PM
I have indeed. I've learnt that some women appear to have no conscious knowledge of their own bodies!
:|

How did you work that out? if your showing no signs of being pregnant eg-no weight gain, periods still going, no sickness etc then how are you supposed to know??? at her age her body is still changing so any aches/pains will be put down to growing, she was still v slim and her periods were still going so she wasnt to know-doesnt mean im defending her as such but unless there were v clear indications (which it doesnt seem like they was until it was too late) then how is a child of 13 suppossed to know they are carrying a baby?

Stu
18-07-08, 03:04 PM
Was still having her periods....so how would she know/any of us tell?.
Er hold on a minute....I may not know much about women & their bodies, but that can't be possible surely? and AFAIK there couldn't be anything that could happen half a dozen times that could be mistaken for a period :smt102 or am I that wrong?

I could have accepted irregular periods meaning that she accepted not having one for 6/7 months but that's not what you're saying now.

Tara
18-07-08, 03:05 PM
Er hold on a minute....I may not know much about women & their bodies, but that can't be possible surely? and AFAIK there couldn't be anything that could happen half a dozen times that could be mistaken for a period :smt102 or am I that wrong?

your worng Stu my mum had her period each month when she was pregnant with me

Paws
18-07-08, 03:06 PM
Er hold on a minute....I may not know much about women & their bodies, but that can't be possible surely? ?

yup it can be, young girls bodies are still developing so things are "unsettled" so up to a certain point (or however many months) she was still having periods

carty
18-07-08, 03:09 PM
Because it's the only one that I feel strongly enough about to mention. I'm not interested in babies and don't like having it thought of as 'general knowledge' that just because I'm female means I go all soft and gooey at the sight of a sprog.

:p

Generalisation is a pet hate of mine.

Fair enough, I generalised. Generally, women like fawning over babies. Sorry if this is not the case. :p

Stu
18-07-08, 03:09 PM

Ben

wow! :-#

must go and find out how that works - probably not something for here :smt102

carty
18-07-08, 03:11 PM
How did you work that out? if your showing no signs of being pregnant eg-no weight gain, periods still going, no sickness etc then how are you supposed to know??? at her age her body is still changing so any aches/pains will be put down to growing, she was still v slim and her periods were still going so she wasnt to know-doesnt mean im defending her as such but unless there were v clear indications (which it doesnt seem like they was until it was too late) then how is a child of 13 suppossed to know they are carrying a baby?

That's why I said I'm amazed. I truly am! When I know if I'm about to come down with a cold, etc, it really surprises me that someone couldn't tell that another little human was growing inside them. I'm staggered, bewildered and all other similar adjectives! :)

timwilky
18-07-08, 03:12 PM
That was the case with the sons girlfriend, She thought she was late at the point when she went into labour. No sickness, periods as normal etc.

There is also the other way round, my wife had not had a period for over a year when she felt a kick and realised she was pregnant.

melody
18-07-08, 03:13 PM
wow! :-#

must go and find out how that works - probably not something for here :smt102

LOL.

Big learning curve today Stu?

Its very possible indeed and the woman may be totally unaware of the pregnancy till she's ready to pop it out.

Ofcourse in some cases, it's denial.

Stu
18-07-08, 03:13 PM
That's why I said I'm amazed. I truly am! When I know if I'm about to come down with a cold, etc, it really surprises me that someone couldn't tell that another little human was growing inside them. I'm staggered, bewildered and all other similar adjectives! :)
You are double her age, did you know everything that was happening to you going through puberty?

but a little +1 at the amazement

Samnooshka
18-07-08, 03:14 PM
abortion is wrong for a reason

Have to disagree with you there... but then i believe in science and not spiritual beliefs... I wouldn't have a kid unless i am ready for it, and luckily i am sensible enough not to bring an unwanted kid into the world... and yes... overcrowding is happening in many parts of the uk.

Good luck to her Paws! If she keeps it and doesn't give it up to adoption i hope she realises what will happen and i hope it makes her grow up a bit. I hope that she has the family support there, but not the kind that runs around after her like my family do to my sister!! She will have to learn that not everything is easy and you can't have your own way all the time!

carty
18-07-08, 03:14 PM
your worng Stu my mum had her period each month when she was pregnant with me

This might sound stoopid (sic) but I was under the impression that a period was essentially the food for the baby? Therefore if a woman is still having her period the baby is not getting full nourishment, hence why it would grow so slowly that someone could not notice? Please tell me if that's complete rubbish!

Stu
18-07-08, 03:15 PM
LOL.

Big learning curve today Stu?

yeah maybe you can show me how it all works one day ;)

carty
18-07-08, 03:16 PM
You are double her age, did you know everything that was happening to you going through puberty?

I know I got a few 'embarassing erections' :lol:

melody
18-07-08, 03:16 PM
This might sound stoopid (sic) but I was under the impression that a period was essentially the food for the baby? Therefore if a woman is still having her period the baby is not getting full nourishment, hence why it would grow so slowly that someone could not notice? Please tell me if that's complete rubbish!

It's complete rubbish. :D

melody
18-07-08, 03:20 PM
yeah maybe you can show me how it all works one day ;)

LOL.

Now there's a request I don't get everyday. ;)

Stu
18-07-08, 03:22 PM
Did you believe your parents when they told you the ice cream van played music when they had sold out? ;)

(sorry really don't mean to pick on anyne)

Samnooshka
18-07-08, 03:23 PM

I know a couple of my friends still had periods during pregnancy, one knew she was preggers and was in and out of the doctors every five minutes asking if everything is fine. The other didn't find out until she was 8 months gone and went to the doctors complaining of kidney pain and was worried as her father suffers from kidney problems... she was erm... a little shocked should we say!! She just thought she had put on a few pound!

timwilky
18-07-08, 05:11 PM
One thing this thread has shown, is that you cannot expect us blokes to know how women work, when many women themselves don't know either.

northwind
18-07-08, 05:56 PM
:winner: