PDA

View Full Version : Official 2008/2009 Football Thread

Gordon B
18-07-08, 03:40 PM
Mods - Any chance of a sticky please?

People,

The new season will soon be upon us.

Will Capellos England qualify for the world cup or is it yet another false dawn?
Will He stay or will He go?
Can my beloved canaries actually do something this season or am I already resigned to the fact that another season of mid table mediocrity beckons?

Setanta have just sent me a 'come back offer' 3 months half price, no connection and free December. Think I might take them up on that.

Oh yeah, no negative comments about footballers being overpaid and its just 22 men chasing a bag of wind etc etc please. We know that, but we love it anyways.;)

If you fancy setting up a fantasy team I can get a league going here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/fantasyfootball/getready). Free to enter and looks pretty good.

etuna
18-07-08, 03:44 PM
Used to be a very loyal Newcastle fan, followed them all over the country and into Europe (yes honestly) but I'm entirely disenchanted by the Premier League at the moment.
Can't drink, smoke, swear and generally lose myself in the game like I used to incase I step on a 5 year old or something.
Will still go to all away games in London next year and curse myself for it on the way home.
That wasnt the type of enthusiastice response you were after was it?

sv-robo
18-07-08, 04:09 PM
Yep,looking forward to the new season(liverpool fan:smt041).

Hopefully with the new signings were supposed to be making we'll make a proper challenge for the league & finish at the top where we belong,it's been to many years of underachievment for the most successfull team in british football.
RAFA!!! keep a settled side & stop pi**ing about!!!

As for england,i think cappello could be good for us as he won't take any sh1te & maybe he'll sort out 1or2 premaddonnas(is that how you spell it?lol)

Dream team......go for it,i do it every year at work.

Gary C
18-07-08, 05:17 PM
I always look forward to new season.I dont know why,as i am a season ticket holder over Leyton Orient.I have even managed to get my two sons into the misery.But as i have said for the last 38 years,this is our year.

Frank
18-07-08, 05:26 PM
pls no......

Gordon B
18-07-08, 06:02 PM
Hopefully with the new signings were supposed to be making we'll make a proper challenge for the league & then blow it all again after a few weeks because we could only manage a draw against Hull and Stoke, and not finish at the top where we belong

:D

sv-robo
18-07-08, 06:05 PM
Ahem....you forgot West Brom:)

Gordon B
19-07-08, 07:27 AM
Ahem....you forgot West Brom:)

Nah, you'll beat them early on just to give you false hope.

sv-robo
19-07-08, 08:15 AM
Nah, you'll beat them early on just to give you false hope.
Thanks for that:)

hovis
28-07-08, 12:39 PM
cardiff city 1 Vs celtic 0

StreetHawk
28-07-08, 06:07 PM
Just renewed my Reading season ticket.. Down to the Chumpionship but can't say i'm too bothered, may actually win a few games this season :-)

Looking foward to cheaper tickets, different grounds to visit and my mate managed to get a seat next to us so the 3 muscateers can sit together this time..

Predict we will be in or around the play-offs come May' 09.