PDA

View Full Version : Gutted.

Neeja
18-07-08, 04:12 PM
So after enjoying getting back on the bike properly yesterday, feeling rather good about things, I went back to hospital today for the results of my MRI. Now, my wrist's felt fine, no pain at all really for the past few days. The 6 x-rays that were taken previously showed nothing that would be instantly identified as a fracture, so docs thought I was clear and just wanted to double-check.

Turns out that I've got a fractured scaphoid, need 7 weeks in plaster (at least), and a 20% chance of surgery. So no riding for me for at least 7 weeks, I miss Marches Meander and the rest of the summer, and can't work because they've told me that I shouldn't be doing anything to use my wrist (Hence one-handed typing now, which is a nightmare).

I've got 4 weeks of sick-pay, after which I don't know what I'm going to do for money. My insurance company made a big song-and-dance about getting solicitors onboard to do a claim to the MIB since the accident was technically hit-and-run. I was told I was going to be contacted within a week, likely within 3 days. This was 15 days ago. Have since called, and they just don't seem to want to know.

Totally screwed.

phil24_7
18-07-08, 04:23 PM
Pooh, on the plus side, women love injured guys, especially ones in plaster!

Neeja
18-07-08, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure they'd find my cast attractive - I'll grab a pic up in a bit.

Neeja
18-07-08, 04:57 PM

Just spoke to Minister Law, too, who're the guys who were dealing with the claim through MIB - they apparently had a nice phone conversation with me on the 8th advising that they've decided not to pursue the claim. I'm not sure who exactly they spoke to, but it wasn't me. Apparently a complaint is going to be raised over this - who's willing to bet that it goes nowhere?

melody
18-07-08, 06:34 PM
That's a bit of a bummer.:(

But what's 7 weeks compared to the rest of your life.:)

Cast looks cool. I'd have gone for pink myself.:D

Razor
18-07-08, 06:38 PM
the cast looks fine, the rest of you needs a scrub...

Neeja
18-07-08, 06:50 PM
the cast looks fine, the rest of you needs a scrub...

I'm a dirty, dirty man unfortunately :(

Neeja
18-07-08, 06:51 PM
Cast looks cool. I'd have gone for pink myself.:D

Wouldn't go well with my handbag collection.

Miss Alpinestarhero
18-07-08, 07:08 PM
Ah thats a bummer.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Maria

gettin2dizzy
18-07-08, 07:23 PM
ouch! Classic bike injury that. I did it on a mountain bike! You'll be fine though; it's one that heals real real quick. The docs just cover their asses by giving you mega-overthetop-warnings.

Good luck with it!

aadeyc73
18-07-08, 07:39 PM
I know how you feel broke my elbow 8 weeks ago playing football. Luckily due to the operation I was only in plaster for 4 weeks still waiting to get physio arranged because I thought it would be easier to have it at the hospital I'm working at rather than the one 20 miles away. I will finally ride my bike again this weekend I just can't wait any longer.