PDA

View Full Version : Carol's cool band

Jayneflakes
18-07-08, 11:52 PM
Hey folks,

some of you who know me by now, will know that I am often talking about my girlfriend Carol. She who Pilots our gorgeous SV at breakneck speed with style and skill...

Well let me tell you something about her that I think you may like.

Carol has a Band called Oestrogenix (http://www.myspace.com/oestrorock), an all female soft rock band who play some really lovely music.

All afternoon they have been working on a piece entitled Dry My Tears and it is now uploaded to the wonderful world wide web, just check out the web site link.

Carol is the drummer and Sian is the song writer and guitarist. For just two women, a guitar and a drum kit, they have a big sound which is amazing considering that they recorded in our front room.

So click the link, listen to the beautiful music and buy the album when it comes out next year.

You heard it here first, Oestrogenix (http://www.myspace.com/oestrorock), Oestrogen Enhanced Rock.
:smt004

Jayneflakes
19-07-08, 10:08 AM
In case any of you have looked at the website of the girls, you will notice that there is a shot of Carol on her GTR along side Sian on her SV1000.

See you have to be nice to us now, The girls are SV owners and you have to admit, that shows very good taste.

anyway, leave us a comment, give us some feedback on the Demo.

If things go well, they plan to go into the studio early next year (which will get them out of my front room and we can sit on the sofa again).

:mrgreen: Ta...

Moffatt666
19-07-08, 04:26 PM
Sounds promising! :D

Jayneflakes
19-07-08, 10:27 PM
After ten (yes Ten!) hours of hard work, Carol has a new band video for you to have a look at. :D

I got the video camera out during band practice today to mark the very special occasion of Angie turning up for a Jam. :cheers:

Angie is of course another biker and like Carol a former Bike Instructor, is there nothing that these girls can't do (apart from get me through my DAS, Carol! :smt019 )?

Anyway, Sian wrote the song this morning and they played it through twice before I switched on the camera. What you see is a work in progress. Getting the video from the camera and onto Youtube is what took the time, so well done Carol, (although I had a great evening in with a good book, but I can't tell you what it was about because it was very rude!) another fun video. :mrgreen:

The song is called Remember Me and can be found here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJOnmrVl_U). :dj:

I promise it is very nice and not the usual Slayer or Acercocke (http://www.akercocke.com/index2.htm) that I love.

yorkie_chris
19-07-08, 11:36 PM
the musics not really my cuppa tea... but good luck to you all with it.

Must say your myspace page is irritating though... pointless flashy stuff gets in the way of whatever contents there.

Jdubya
20-07-08, 08:39 AM
Your neighbours must really love you two and your band...:smt034

I, personally, would be calling the police and laying a complaint of causing a disturbance!:smt077 :-dd

thebluelion
20-07-08, 10:45 AM
Just been on their page some good tunes there

ArtyLady
20-07-08, 04:06 PM
Im into Blues and Jazz myself - but big respect to all fellow musos :smt023(cant wait to start jamming myself once I get the hang of my new Saxophone!) :D

hovis
20-07-08, 04:32 PM
not bad............. untill she started singing

Jdubya
21-07-08, 05:49 AM
not bad............. untill she started singing

Ta Hovis...I didn't want to be the first one to say it!:smt077 :smt045

Shellywoozle
21-07-08, 09:26 AM
Not bad at all !!! :) Some of those tunes are very good !!!

Keep it up gals ;)

thebluelion
21-07-08, 02:15 PM

Me too, but the instrumentals are great

Grinch
21-07-08, 02:19 PM
I'll have to wait till I get back to the pad...

Frank
21-07-08, 07:54 PM
will someone shut the cat up

hovis
21-07-08, 07:57 PM

:smt081

Jayneflakes
21-07-08, 09:54 PM

That is my friend you are talking about.......:smt019

Mind you I took my cat outside and had his :smt069cut off!
I am a hard woman. :smt097

Anyway thank you to everyone for all of your feedback, it has been most worthwhile. I shall keep on pushing the girls with their practice and maybe one day you can come and see them in action. ;)

Carol
07-08-08, 11:01 PM

Ok Sian's voice is not the greatest on the planet, however she is doing her best and getting better at it.
The songs she wrote herself and Angie and I are adding our parts, working it out together. Least she is trying, and well done for her getting up there and having a go.

Fly to Oestrogenix on Soundclick

http://cdn2.soundclick.com/30/images/o/band/oestrogenix.gif?version=223 (http://www.soundclick.com/oestrogenix)

Dicky Ticker
08-08-08, 08:21 AM
Well----mmmmmmm I know, I LIKE THE SPERM MOTIF

suzsv650
08-08-08, 12:52 PM
what the hell! wheres my post?!

Tara
08-08-08, 12:54 PM
what the hell! wheres my post?!

Probably deleted ask a mod

Dicky Ticker
08-08-08, 12:57 PM
YES----Your a bad lad for suggesting such things:smt021-----:D:D:D:D

Dicky Ticker
08-08-08, 12:58 PM
YES----Your a bad lad for suggesting such things:smt021------:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry I have a finger stutter

gettin2dizzy
08-08-08, 01:03 PM
YES----Your a bad lad for suggesting such things:smt021------:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry I have a finger stutter
And you're a bad lad for your terrible spelling ;)

Sorry, I have pedant stutter[-X

Dicky Ticker
08-08-08, 01:39 PM
Sorry I was laughing and rattled it out----------sitting on the naughty step:(

gettin2dizzy
08-08-08, 01:53 PM
Sorry I was laughing and rattled it out----------sitting on the naughty step:(
hehehe. :thumbsup:

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter-perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Dicky Ticker
08-08-08, 01:58 PM
Don't mock,I can do that without trying:confused:

Jayneflakes
09-08-08, 10:30 AM
Don't mock,I can do that without trying:confused:

Hmm, I do rather think that to belittle someone for a minor spelling error is somewhat mean.

You could for example be mocking someone who is Dyslexic or has other significant learning disorders. I for one have an excellent education in science and am a qualified teacher, but due to a learning disorder I have to use a spell checker.

So please folks, try to be nice to each other and also try to keep the words of critique to a sensible level rather than just being hurtful about other users.

I truly thought that this place was a gentle, caring and considerate place where people could share views, express feelings with out the mocking of our peers.

I am very disappointed in those of you who are guilty of such meanness. :(

Ed
09-08-08, 10:54 AM
Jayne, grow up and stop being so silly. Most of it is innocent p*sstaking.

yorkie_chris
09-08-08, 10:56 AM
Chill winston. Sometimes I give advice as I think of it, but the catch is the ribbing when I don't have anything more useful to add :-P

Wideboy
09-08-08, 01:09 PM

ed, i am deeply hurt bye the words that you just chose to use, i believe that as a non achoholic beverage drinker and general up standing citizen that it is my duty to inform you of this, hang your head in shame tut tut.

:);):p

Warthog
09-08-08, 01:53 PM
Won't somebody think of the children!?

Ed
09-08-08, 02:33 PM
ed, i am deeply hurt bye the words that you just chose to use, i believe that as a non achoholic beverage drinker and general up standing citizen that it is my duty to inform you of this, hang your head in shame tut tut.

:smt046:smt057

Oi G is the rumour true that at the AR you had so much to drink that you missed the toilet and p*ssed your trousers??

Frank
09-08-08, 02:46 PM

Learn to spell you fool Widepants

gettin2dizzy
09-08-08, 03:07 PM
hehehe. :notworthy:

Wideboy
09-08-08, 04:45 PM
right, thats it im leaving!!!

Wideboy
09-08-08, 04:50 PM
:smt046:smt057

Oi G is the rumour true that at the AR you had so much to drink that you missed the toilet and p*ssed your trousers??

a bit of a silly question that, how would i remember ROFL

Biker Biggles
09-08-08, 06:10 PM
Not my cup of tea,but Id only take criticism from those who are prepared to have a go themselves.All too easy to stand on the touchline and be an armchair player.
So good luck with it.