PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrr- people parking in bike spaces

thedonal
20-07-08, 03:06 PM
F£&%ing taxi drivers.

Stopping at Sainsburys for a few supplies- a taxi parks itself in the bike bay across the road from the store, leaving me on the double yellows. This followed-

"Can you read mate"
?
Points down- "Solo Motorcycles only"
"Yeah but it's Sunday"
"So I have park on double yellows then?"
"It doesn't matter it's Sunday".

It really p*sses me off- if a passing traffic warden passed, I'd be done for it- regardless of what day it is. Does the Solo Motorcycles Only sign say "Mon-Sat" only? NO!

You could argue that there are 2 bike bays in Surbiton, only the other one is always full of pizza scooters.

Would he be done for it? No. Apparently the councila can't enforce bike bays as there's no ticket cost for bikes parking. Which goes to show it's tax status rather than keeping things fair for everyone.

If I could have gotten away with it, I'd have damaed his taxi. The c**t.
[/rant]

Alpinestarhero
20-07-08, 03:20 PM
SHould have told him it was a parking bay for solo motorcycles, and that he is wrong for parking in a space not designated for his vehicle - whatever time of the week.

Thats what I would have done...

phil24_7
20-07-08, 04:12 PM
I'd have dragged him outta his cab, thrown him to the floor, stamped on his nuts and spat in his face. Either that or sworn at him then quietly seethed for the rest of the day!

injury_ian
20-07-08, 04:21 PM
YArrrr! I woulda parked on his roof, and lifted up his windscreen wipers!

- perfectly legal on a sunday i understand!

etuna
20-07-08, 07:12 PM
those private hire minicabs are a complete pain in the rectum in London and just sit in parking bays waiting for a fare. Plus one of those blue stickers in the rear window normally means "i am likely to change lanes without indication/ swerve/ go through a red light/ not obey any of the highway code or utilise common sense ever when driving".

the_lone_wolf
20-07-08, 07:44 PM
I'd have dragged him outta his cab, thrown him to the floor, stamped on his nuts and spat in his face....

...then say "It doesn't matter, it's Sunday"

thedonal
20-07-08, 08:54 PM
...then say "It doesn't matter, it's Sunday"

:winner:

Yeah- I think that actually having a go at him in the first place was rare for me- and writing my post got it out. Didn't spend much time worrying about it, tbh- would be a waste of energy.

There was a scooter parked in front of him that left as I was removing my lid etc (taxi reversed in around him). i think I probably should have parked the bike right in front of the cab then gone for a walk for 1/2 an hour.

K
20-07-08, 09:27 PM
i think I probably should have parked the bike right in front of the cab then gone for a walk for 1/2 an hour.

Nah - you should have parked in front of him and then just sat back on the pavement and relaxed for a bit. Maybe read the sunday paper... they're huge with all the supplements n magazines n stuff... would have taken aaaaages. ;)

Grinch
21-07-08, 09:51 AM
I would have got naked...

phil24_7
21-07-08, 06:07 PM
I honestly believe you would, hell, you probably woulda jump in the cab and asked him to take you somewhere!!!

Grinch
22-07-08, 08:56 AM
And I'd tell him its Sunday.