PDA

View Full Version : I had/have a xxxxxx (colour) SV650

Blue_SV650S
20-07-08, 06:22 PM
I am selling my roadbike (Blue) but have a complete set of Yella bodywork&tank that I could put on it if I/the market desired.

Trying to work out which colour is most sellable ... so the best way is to do a poll of colours of ppls SVs and see if one stands out from the other ...

Please only vote if you had/have an SV ... if you have had more than one, then vote for the colour you liked the most out of the ones you have owned.

Neeja
20-07-08, 07:00 PM
In the unlikely event you decide to go yellow, I'd buy the front right-hand fairing from you if it's a curvey in YC2 :cool:

Blue_SV650S
20-07-08, 07:06 PM
In the unlikely event you decide to go yellow, I'd buy the front right-hand fairing from you if it's a curvey in YC2 :cool:

To be fair, assuming you want to replace a scuffed panel, you prolly wouldn't want it as it's got a small scuff on it! :(

Neeja
20-07-08, 07:42 PM
Depends on your definition of scuffed...it's probably better than this:

http://www.indiegallery.com/sarcasm/dam.jpg

Blue_SV650S
20-07-08, 07:49 PM

:shock: Yes, it is a fair bit better than that!! :D

Neeja
20-07-08, 07:52 PM
To be fair, it looks a lot better since it was sanded down, but I'd still rather source another panel than respray it if I can - won't cost me too much to spray, but there's always the whole "will it colour-match 100%" dilemma ;)

Blue_SV650S
20-07-08, 07:59 PM
Done by a previous owner I hasten to add ;)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/blue_sv650s/scuff.jpg

Neeja
20-07-08, 08:40 PM
Huh, what year is that? Looks very light blue, is it a 99, and therefore Candy Jay Blue instead of Candy Grand Blue? :)

That scratch is nothing a bit of T-cut won't sort :^o

Grinch
20-07-08, 10:58 PM
I know someone that does panel repairs and resprays and he's in my house.

Neeja
21-07-08, 07:37 AM
Huh. If I could ship my side-panel to you, how much would it cost to look all shiney again? ;)

Skip
21-07-08, 08:45 AM
Blue has to be the one to go for...

Blue_SV650S
21-07-08, 10:21 AM
Blue has to be the one to go for...

Indeed, blue looks the way to go 8)

Grinch
21-07-08, 10:24 AM
Huh. If I could ship my side-panel to you, how much would it cost to look all shiney again? ;)

I'll message him and ask...

monkey
22-07-08, 12:56 AM
How much you flogging it for Blue? What's the mileage and year?

BanannaMan
22-07-08, 02:56 AM

http://www.indiegallery.com/sarcasm/dam.jpg

WOW my bike looks almost exactly like that!!! (right now)
Mesh included!!!
Except my indicator is broken comletely off with just the wires hanging out.

Lucked up and won a ride side in blue on ebay Saturday. :D
Hope you will find a suitable replacement soon as well.
Now I just hope the paint matches. [-o<

Just wondering Blue.....
What kinda shape is that yellow bodywork in?

Blue_SV650S
22-07-08, 07:52 AM
How much you flogging it for Blue? What's the mileage and year?

Dunno, its a 2001 21k miles. ZX6B1 rear shock, preload adjusters on the front, R&Gs ... what is it worth? ~£1600?

Just wondering Blue.....
What kinda shape is that yellow bodywork in?

Pretty much immaculate from what I remember (I boxed them up when I first got it, can't fully remember!) ... why? ....

Viney
22-07-08, 07:53 AM
I am selling my roadbike (Blue) but have a complete set of Yella bodywork&tank that I could put on it if I/the market desired.

Trying to work out which colour is most sellable ... so the best way is to do a poll of colours of ppls SVs and see if one stands out from the other ...

Please only vote if you had/have an SV ... if you have had more than one, then vote for the colour you liked the most out of the ones you have owned.
What colour is the bike on the log book? Thats the colour you should see it as, as having a change of colour throws up all manner of questions to a buyer.

Blue_SV650S
22-07-08, 07:55 AM
What colour is the bike on the log book? Thats the colour you should see it as, as having a change of colour throws up all manner of questions to a buyer.

But I can send the log book off and get it changed over if I went for yella (that is what I'd do) :)

Viney
22-07-08, 07:58 AM
I know that, but if they do a HPI check, it will come back as a changed colour, and can, and probably will flag up a load of questions and could make an easy sell, difficult, thats all i am saying

Blue_SV650S
22-07-08, 10:27 AM
I know that, but if they do a HPI check, it will come back as a changed colour, and can, and probably will flag up a load of questions and could make an easy sell, difficult, thats all i am saying

I see ... I am running out of momentum to be bothered to sell it at all now!! :o

I'll just let them rot in the garage with all the other bikes I can't be bothered to sell!! :D

Skip
22-07-08, 10:29 AM
I see ... I am running out of momentum to be bothered to sell it at all now!! :o

I'll just let them rot in the garage with all the other bikes I can't be bothered to sell!! :D
You only decided to sell it two days ago!

Are you sure you dont have Attention Deficit Disorder! :eye:

Blue_SV650S
22-07-08, 10:35 AM
You only decided to sell it two days ago!

Are you sure you dont have Attention Deficit Disorder! :eye:

I have CBA syndrome ... :D

Skip
22-07-08, 10:37 AM
I have CBA syndrome ... :D

You crack me up! :lol:

BanannaMan
23-07-08, 04:07 AM
Pretty much immaculate from what I remember (I boxed them up when I first got it, can't fully remember!) ... why? ....

I probably can't afford it but ....what would you take for the yellla bits?

Blue_SV650S
23-07-08, 09:34 AM
I probably can't afford it but ....what would you take for the yellla bits?

I am now thinking of yellowing my road bike, then taking the race fairing off the trackbike and putting the blue road plastics on (I prefer the blue myself hence why not just yellow road plastics on it). I'll then sell my roadbike as a yella one and keep the trackbike but put it in blue road kit/form i.e. lights, mirrors, plastics and get it road legal. I can then use it as a roadbike AND a trackbike ... as I don't NEED it for the road and will rarely be using it on the road anyway, I am not that bothered if I end up slinging it down the track even if I end up wrecking the road kit!!

I think it is easier to swap the plastics over than all the trick bits I have on the track bike you see ;)

Grinch
23-07-08, 12:07 PM
Sounds a better idea to me.

Blue_SV650S
23-07-08, 12:19 PM
Sounds a better idea to me.

"I love it when a plan comes together!!" :D